register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 03-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Swampy
Supercalafraga...... duh huh!

Nice dog pics! I want a German Sheppard once i'm done w/ school.
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
ridez1andonly
ZZ Cruzin'

okaugust-

that is an absolutely beautiful shepard.

"I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." F. Gump
ridez1andonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #23
okaugust
My name is a killing word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridez1andonly View Post
okaugust-

that is an absolutely beautiful shepard.

Thank you!

I didn't really appreciate the breed until I met Mike. IMHO they are definately a whole other animal from most dogs. Very smart, cunning, loyal. Most dogs like everyone, but if a GSD likes you, it is a choice they make to do so.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
kride123
Tongue Fu Master

Cool! It's great to see so many people loving their breed. The more I hang out here, the more I like Shepards.

I had no idea what they were like - the only two I knew were in my neighborhood as a kid.

One was definitely a little schized out because the poor girl just hung out on a runner all the time. So she, of course, freaked out a ton whenever any of us came around - she probably wanted to play, but when you're 40 pounds of kid and 80 pounds of muscle and teeth starts barking at you......well, you get the idea....

The other one.....let's see - the father of the family of this dog told me that "Bruin" could do a great trick. All I had to do was bend down to tie my shoe (I was like 8 at the time). The "trick" was that Bruin then came to attack me! Yay! (Of course, if it was a "real" attack I know I would have been shredded, but the cut across my face was enough.... )

Why are people such assholes? Especially when the dogs are bred to be so wonderful??

kride123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
kride123
Tongue Fu Master

Oh yeah - I remember one other GSD that I knew.

He belonged to the "blue-blood" family in NH. Holy shite was their house gorgeous - they lived in New England part time, but they were from the "main line." Don't ask me how I ended up haging with this guy - he was a friend of a friend and definitely slummin' it.

Anyway, his GSD was also schized out, but in an anxious, neurotic kind of way. I asked the guy what was up with the dog and he said, "Oh, he's a little neurotic because he's highly bred."

I looked at him and said, "You mean inbred?"

Needless to say, I was never invited back.

Anyway, looking back, it's no surprise that I hadn't felt particularly fond of the GSD. Thanks for opening me up!

kride123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #26
Desmo
WORST MODERATOR EVER

Quote:
Shepards
Shepherd. As in herding wooly critters

Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #27
gixxerjasen

kride, mine is a total freak whenever someone new comes over. And like you had hinted to...she just gets overly excited that someone is there just to see her! Yea, that's how she thinks. After a bit though she settles down, but that's because she's a mellow adult. That first year or two she never ever settled down.

With us around the house she just hangs out and gets in the way when your trying to walk around. She always wants to be with her family. If we are in separate rooms, she sits somewhere in between where she can keep an eye on both of us. Like already said above by others, she's loyal, protective and loves to play. Best dog I've ever had.

My wife wanted a Golden Retriever as that's what she had when she was a kid. I always had dachshunds but wanted a GSD. I put my foot down and when she saw the GSD puppies she was smitten. Now, getting to know this dog, I don't think she'll ever have another dog but a GSD. We both love her to bits.
Past Bikes: 1997 Katana 600-wrecked | 2000 CBR600F4-Stolen | 2001 GSX-R600-Stolen | 1989 Honda CB1-Sold | 2001 Suzuki TL1000R-Traded | 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400-Sold | 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600-Sold | 2007 DR-Z400SM-Traded | 2003 Yamaha FZ1 I-Wrecked | 2003 Yamaha FZ1 II-Sold |

gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #28
ridez1andonly
ZZ Cruzin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
Shepherd. As in herding wooly critters

I realised I spelled it rong two aftar the poste

"I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." F. Gump
ridez1andonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #29
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
I know okaugust, where's Todd's pics?
I know, I know! Guilty as charged... Didn't have any newer than I already put up in my old GSD thread...

We'll be taking Misha over to Tony's tomorrow. Look for pics! I bet his little Himalayan Terrier OWNS her puppy ass, though...

-T
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #30
gixxerjasen

You wanna see fun. Let your GSD play with a whippit. I had one wear my dog the heck out. He'd toy with my GSD, let her chase him till she just about caught him, then he'd pull a right angle turn and go a completely different direction and lay on the speed, then slow down and let her catch up and then do it all over again. That little dog whooped her arse.
Past Bikes: 1997 Katana 600-wrecked | 2000 CBR600F4-Stolen | 2001 GSX-R600-Stolen | 1989 Honda CB1-Sold | 2001 Suzuki TL1000R-Traded | 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400-Sold | 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600-Sold | 2007 DR-Z400SM-Traded | 2003 Yamaha FZ1 I-Wrecked | 2003 Yamaha FZ1 II-Sold |

gixxerjasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #31
Denver
Home of the Denver Broncos

Been stuck in Texas away from the family so my wife sends pics of the kids and dogs daily for me. Here is a shot of my shepherd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FamilyPhotos054.jpg (64.6 KB, 279 views)
Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #32
bruce19

"Moochie" the Boxer. Great guy, he now is up to 80 lbs. Sort of like living with Bart Simpson....you never know what he's going to do....but you know he's going to do something outrageous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0091.jpg (99.3 KB, 282 views)
bruce19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #33
okaugust

Bruce and Denver most excellent pictures!

Jasen I know what you mean about standing sentry. If Mike is in one room, I'm in another and the kids are orbiting, she tries to find the best place to be to guard everyone! But Mike is always priority number one!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #34
Otla
Quiet! I'm counting pennies!

Are we counting partial GSD Pups?

This is Cooper. He's been with us for 7 days and has done well.

I weighed him at the vet yesterday at 25.5 lbs.

Wait...that's not right!

This is the one!
Caught him during nap time. Again, I hope partial Germans are allowed.

Here's another my son helped with. My sons pants are "Sunday pants/ Yardwork pants" just for the record.

Last edited by Otla; 03-29-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: My son wanted to add a good pic of the addition.
Otla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #35
static
Its Gonna be fun

Good looking pup.
Last edited by Static: 2009/09/02 11:29:32

Government: If you think the problems they create are bad, wait till you see their solutions.

Gravity can be a cruel mistress, mock her and she will bitch slap you to the ground.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #36
Faa Q
2010 Kawi Z1000

I had a GS as a kid...BEST. DOG. EVER.

2010 Kawasaki Z1000
2011 Husky TE310 FOR SALE
Money can't buy you love. But it can buy exotic cars and luxury yachts. Once you've got those covered, you'll be fighting love off with a stick.
Faa Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #37
okaugust

Partial and non pup allowed. The GSD will be the dominant gene anyway! He's a cutie! Nice touch with the kid in the cage, Mike would have the kid in the cage and the dog out!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #38
drinkoj

I've mentioned our German Shepard / Siberian Huskey mix my wife got us last March before, so here's some shoots. Nanook, "The Beast", or "Nookie" as I call her when we're playing, went from this:

[IMG][/IMG]

To this 75 lb thing in 10 months:

Now if I could only train the wife and kids, so the dog would act right all the time.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #39
okaugust

That's beautiful! Soft furs....
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #40
drinkoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
That's beautiful! Soft furs....
A little less course than a full breed GS, but still thick. When she molts, blooms, or whatever you wanna call it when the fur just drops off in clumps twice a year, it's easy to tell she's a working class dog compaired to our full breed female red huskey,

Btw, their both inside dogs. Talk about dust bunnies from he77.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion