register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #181
kride123
Tongue Fu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
Sometimes she'll even pull a mouth full of food out of the bowl, carry it to where we are, dump it on the floor, eat it all off the floor, and repeat as necessary.

She's a social eater, it seems.

-T
That just put an excellent image in my head. How cute!

kride123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #182
kride123
Tongue Fu Master

OK - I don't know how "wrong" it is of me to post this, but I think if anyone would understand/appreciate it, it would be this group. That pic that Tina posted of the pup in post #157 immediately reminded me of my younger daughter!

kride123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #183
okaugust
My name is a killing word.

Yes, bright eyes! All about "what's going on here?!"
Old 12-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #184
TappinZZ
R Spikes Improper attire?

Okaugust-you definitely should get the hub another (that little fellow in the picture is so handsome)
-honestly though we did think a bit about how mch less we'd be going on long MC rides. Ultimately the pooch is the best exercise partner I've ever had-rain-sleet-snow-hurricanes-he wants his daily 5 miles.

Todd-plleeease take a recent pic of Misha and post her up I want to see what she looks like as a "grown-up". Seems like her weight is true to the 6 month weight plus 25 percent. Lucas is about 5 pounds more than what the calculation was supposed to turn out to be. Lean is good for our GSD's-keeps those hips and elbows healthy. I'll bet Misha is gorgeous now.
TappinZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #185
FizzyFish
Fizzy no more........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
For Misha, she prefers to eat when we're eating. Or if I'm doing the dishes in the kitchen, and standing near her food. Sometimes she'll even pull a mouth full of food out of the bowl, carry it to where we are, dump it on the floor, eat it all off the floor, and repeat as necessary.

She's a social eater, it seems.

-T
My Poppy is like that too but for her it is one kibbel that she crunches on while she is looking at you. When that is finished it's back to the other room for another kibbel to chop on while in our presence.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #186
okaugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappinZZ View Post
Okaugust-you definitely should get the hub another
He says he'll divorce me!

Though that has its upsides...

But if I ever get laid off...I'm taking my severance, selling the house, moving to Montana and starting a German shepherd ranch. This corporate life is killing me.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #187
Desmo
WORST MODERATOR EVER

Quote:
moving to Montana and starting a German shepherd ranch. This corporate life is killing me.
I'll be right behind you guys!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #188
okaugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
I'll be right behind you guys!
I'll have a job for you. It will involve cleaning up , but I'm sure we are both well versed in that so it shouldn't be a problem.

Won't pay much, the reward factor will be high. You'll love your co-ummmm-workers and they won't be as dumb as the ones you have now. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have single sales rep here that is smarter than my GSD.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #189
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Quote:
Todd-plleeease take a recent pic of Misha and post her up I want to see what she looks like as a "grown-up". Seems like her weight is true to the 6 month weight plus 25 percent. Lucas is about 5 pounds more than what the calculation was supposed to turn out to be. Lean is good for our GSD's-keeps those hips and elbows healthy. I'll bet Misha is gorgeous now.
Here are a couple from Thanksgiving that I had to snap with my iPhone, it was such a cute scene.

My pops decided to take a nap on her dog bed after the meal. Misha decided to join him. She started out with the protective paws around his head, then just went in for the full-bore snuggle! Right after this, dad got a face-washing that sent him retreating.

-T
Old 12-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #190
Desmo
WORST MODERATOR EVER

I can clean up

Spending all day with Shepherds?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #191
TappinZZ

Todd she is so different as an adult-sheps amaze me in how there coats change as they mature- I was guessing she'd be silver but she's filled with soft browns and creams=she's a looker!

Okaugust-so he'll beatch a little I'll bet he'd end up likein' her. My wife's going back to the corp grind-I've had a decade break and find the thought of going back more than hard.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #192
okaugust

Quote:
Okaugust-so he'll beatch a little I'll bet he'd end up likein' her. My wife's going back to the corp grind-I've had a decade break and find the thought of going back more than hard.
Oh, he'd love...him, but that's the problem. He really, really loves his dogs as his children, since he never had kids of his own. We've had a hard last few years losing people and aged pets. It's just a heart break we don't want to put ourselves through.

Also, we have one kid in college and another a senior, so we are really starting to get a taste of the freedom that goes along with it. Mike's mom is a great petsitter, but it is also nice to look to a time when we can just pick up and go.

All that being said, I suspect at some point we will find ourselves in a perfect place and time and we'll trip over a pup that that'll be it.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #193
Desmo
WORST MODERATOR EVER

Ah this is the same dilemma I'm in. Being a single dad for Desmo was tough. I would only go away when my parents could watch her or my gf. But since it was often nice to bring the gf along (she rode too) on trips that meant less options. I wish the great pet daycare places that are around now were around back then. A friend of mine has a Shepherd (also Misha but a male) and she took him to doggy day care a TON when he was really young. It was GREAT for him and he loved to go!!

I so want to get another female Shepherd but it wouldn't be fair to the dog. Got other shit to deal with and the place I have is not really good to raise a new pup in.

-sigh-
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #194
TappinZZ

Okaugust-from what I've gathered from a few thousand post we're pretty much in the same place in life- I hear the call of the wild and the ability again to travel and explore- optimistically I'll have the cake and eat it too! I'm so excited about having another "Lucas"-I truly think/feel that this is one of the most wonderous and enjoyable creatures on the planet and having two can only double the enjoyment-the painful side of losing either in the future must be weighed against the reality of having had the companionship in the first place. I miss my first lab Zoey but would never trade our memories. I find that the purity that animals bring help us understand and appreciate our human counterparts all the more.\

Des-I get why you miss/missed your pup now. more so than ever-
Old 12-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #195
okaugust

Dragonrapp, welcome Sadie to the thread!

Tappin, I love cake!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #196
dragonrapp

Will do, I've gotta get some better pictures but she is shy around anything that is pointed at her. She has been like this since we got her. We think that she used to have to wear a shock collar. Who knows what people do to their animals before they take them to the pound.
02 Liquid Silver, Ivan's MB Jet Kit, K&N Filter, Air Box Mod, Ported Intake Boots, Yosh Tri Oval Slip On, Zero Gravity Screen, CA Integrated Tail Light, E-Bay Special Levers, Proton Flush Mounts Set for Strobe, AK20 Forks, Revalved and Resprung rear shock, 4 degree advancer, OEM Chin Spoiler, and...
dragonrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #197
Amadeus
*Believe*

Though I wasn't ready, my wife was. Here is Indi (short for Indiana), what can I say my kids love Indiana Jones
I had mixed feelings at first but man do they grow on you quick. He's a keeper!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPP_0007copy.JPG (202.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg DPP_0059copy.JPG (288.2 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #198
okaugust

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #199
Desmo
WORST MODERATOR EVER

Oh....mah.....gawwwd......

Old 12-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #200
Blueliner
Shaken not stirred

Very nice!! This is about the best thread ever.
Blueliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion