register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 05-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
2001FZ1
Suzuki GSXR-1000

Crude oil prices last 12 months

I am currently working a paper for my business class and I need a graph or chart showing the price of oil per barrel over the last year or so. Can you help me out? Thanks.
2001FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
2FZ1
Happy, Happy

Google is your friend. . .

Crude oil prices rose yesterday to their highest level since the Persian Gulf War in 1990 after release of a report that showed U.S. gasoline inventories fell last week as demand increased.

Crude oil for April delivery rose 70 cents (U.S.), or 1.9 per cent, to settle at $38.18 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, the highest settlement price since Oct. 16, 1990, when Iraqi troops were occupying Kuwait.

Gasoline for April delivery rose 3.13 cents, or 2.8 per cent, to settle at $1.1577 in New York, the highest close since May 23, 2001. Prices rose as high as $1.163.

The U.S. energy department reported that gasoline supplies fell 800,000 barrels to 199.6 million barrels in the week ended March 12. The decline left stockpiles at the lowest since late November. Demand rose to 9 million barrels a day, the highest since the week ended Dec. 19. Gasoline demand climbs to an annual peak during the warm-weather months.

"Demand just keeps growing in spite of high prices," said Phil Flynn, senior energy trader for Alaron Trading Corp. in Chicago. "This is setting us up for a very bad summer driving season."

Economists say rising energy prices pose a threat to growth, rather than heralding a surge in inflation.

"... It's a danger signal to the discretionary spending power of consumers because it eats into income," said Elisabeth Denison, an economist at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein in New York.

Edward McKelvey, senior economist at Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York, agreed: "When energy prices are increasing, that is always a problem for disposable income. It makes it harder to increase spending on other items."

Indeed, U.S. inflation remains under control.

The labour department issued a report yesterday showing that the consumer price index, the most widely used gauge of U.S. inflation, climbed 0.3 per cent in February, compared with a rise of 0.5 per cent the month before. So-called core CPI, which strips out the volatile components food and energy, advanced 0.2 per cent after rising by the same extent in January.

The 0.3 per cent increase in the CPI matched economists' forecasts. The 0.2 per cent rise in core prices was slightly bigger than the 0.1 per cent increase they were calling for.

Energy prices went up by 1.7 per cent in February, down from the big 4.7 per cent rise reported for January.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
2FZ1
Happy, Happy

http://www.wtrg.com/daily/crudeoilprice.html
Old 05-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #4
markp999
Victim of Motard Lust

Re: Crude oil prices last 12 months

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001FZ1
I am currently working a paper for my business class and I need a graph or chart showing the price of oil per barrel over the last year or so. Can you help me out? Thanks.
Dude-if you can't find this on your own, you might try to find another line of work

2002 Silver (the REAL fast color)-Ivanized w/stock pipe, Holeshot AIS removal, 2-way crossover REMOVED, CRG LS Bar End mirrors, 15 tooth sprocket (about to be installed).

markp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
2001FZ1
Suzuki GSXR-1000

Quote:
Originally posted by 2FZ1
http://www.wtrg.com/daily/crudeoilprice.html
Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for. I must have looked at 50 different news articles about the price of crude oil but none offered this graph. My mainly use the internet for looking at bike stuff, cars, ebay and the occasional boobie shot.

I am working on paper dealing with BP Amoco. I wanted to show how BP stocks goes up when ever oil prices go up. Compare the above link with this graph showing the price of BP stock.
Attached Images
File Type: gif charts.gif (12.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
2001FZ1
Suzuki GSXR-1000

Re: Re: Crude oil prices last 12 months

Quote:
Originally posted by markp999
Dude-if you can't find this on your own, you might try to find another line of work
Old 05-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
ABH
GutsyGibbonTux Winfly-Killah

2001FZ1 be careful. the charts that you have and the one on that web site show 2 different time periods.

I have attached 3 charts.
1. 1 yr period like the one you posted
2. 3 month period (Feb-April) April marked in red
3. Chart from web site.

Note that while Crude had a rising trend in the month of April, BP Amoco had a falling trend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crude.jpg (180.2 KB, 23 views)

ABH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion