register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
CATAPLT
88 MPH!!!

First one to the finish wins.... ET (the time on the ticket) is how long it took you to start moving to the time you crossed the finsih line, but since you sat there for .5 seconds after the light turned green you lost. So Reaction Time + Ellapsed time = the total time it took you to complete the race.

A .5 reaction time is not bad at all for a person new to the track at all.

My bike with a 16t Sprocket and a gutted cat went 10.9 @ 131, but I bogged the launch bad and hit the rev limiter twice. (my first time drag racing a bike).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7Dn...6&feature=plcp
2010 raven/gold FZ1, 14" delkevic slip on, converter gutted, danmoto 3D clip ons, fuel line modded, 190/55 rear tire, 16t sprocket, HEL braided lines F+R, R1 rear shock with V4 adapter, and more coming as soon as I get the cash. 10.9 @ 131, 36400 miles on odo since new in March 2011

Youtube CATAPLT
CATAPLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #22
ReconViper1
Backroad Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Exactly. So ET isn't a factor in determining winner according to this slip. It's time between gates that's listed.
..a
It's 1320 feet between ET lights and whoever gets there first, wins. Never mind reaction time, stock market or seismic activity.

When you clear the lights, find neutral and start braking at 160, there are a lot of rattles, bangs and squeaks and the brakes don't feel too powerful either. Having a chute brings some confidence but you always have to wrestle with the fact that if you dump it, you have to pack it.
ReconViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #23
jlewis_02
Dragracer

My best so far on the new bike.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #24
Fazer06

what rpm would you guys recommend launching at? i was trying to keep it between 7-9k on take off and shifting between 11000-11500. seems like the power dies off after that... the 27th my school is hosting the fun drags at the strip. wanna work on my launches before then so i dont look like an absolute fool in front of all my auto tech friends lol.
06 Shift Red, 17/49, PCIII, Ivan's ECU, Yoshimura TRC full system, K and N filter, lars air box mod, AIS removed, cut down flies, cat gutted,"un-kinked" fuel line, EBC clutch springs, frame sliders, swing arm spool sliders, ebay shorty levers
Fazer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
stretched06

I launch at 8,000. I have a M&R Raceing strap it was $20 on ebay.
custom paint, C.D. strike, dehandled tail, 10"Holeshot exaust, cat gutted, air box mod, Dobeck programmer, smog block offs, 16/48sprockets, m&r front strap, lowered 1.25in. front, 3in rear, stretched 6 inches, frame sliders, frame plugs, flush mount front blinkers, Clear Alternatives integrated tail light, Speedohealer, no flies, all silver parts changed to flat black, FDB shorty levers, fender eliminater, short throw shift, DanMoto 3d clip-ons, tuned by Ryan Schnitz.(sold)
stretched06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
i2iweb
DFW-Texas

Pardon my ignorance guys. I am not a racer of any kind and was just wondering what does a racing strap do?
2006 Nakid! |16t | SpeedoDRD | DanMoto CF Slipon | Shorty Levers | Bar End Mirrors | Fender Eliminator | Integrated LED (Smoked) turn/brake lights | Plugged AIS | 12v Outlet | Heated Grip Pads | Tank Mounted GPS/Phone Mount | Round Headlight | Givi Windscreen | Easton Bars/Clamps
i2iweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
CopperDog

It drops the front end by as much as 3 inches or so which translates to a few degress downward, enough so that the bike is less prone to loft the front tire on launch.
CopperDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
i2iweb
DFW-Texas

Thanks CD... Now it makes sense.
2006 Nakid! |16t | SpeedoDRD | DanMoto CF Slipon | Shorty Levers | Bar End Mirrors | Fender Eliminator | Integrated LED (Smoked) turn/brake lights | Plugged AIS | 12v Outlet | Heated Grip Pads | Tank Mounted GPS/Phone Mount | Round Headlight | Givi Windscreen | Easton Bars/Clamps
i2iweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
rafartist

I want sooo bad to get my bike to the quarter mile but the naked front end is gonna kill me. I think since running full on liter sportbikes that i can back a low ten with its current set up but the front end is so light without all that extras hanging out there i am gonna have to seriously strap the front end down. Anybody around indy wanna meet up down at ORP to do some runs.
07 lineX'd,Dan Moto modded pipe,no flies,chopped box,Tag metals copper bars with SV mounts,HEL lines,punched cat,delrin sliders,15t,no o2,no exup,swingarm mounted tag,hidden key switch,smoke taillight,integrated mirrors,bark busters,Hayabusa headlamp,custom made guage bracket,wrapped headers,pc111 with stage 3 smoothed map,06 R1 forks brakes and shock,08 r1 dog bone to raise the rear,fce,copper shorty levers,soon to be bare bars except for clutch lever and brake setup
rafartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #30
jlewis_02
Dragracer

I always launched around 6k
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
rafartist

good advice Jlewis
07 lineX'd,Dan Moto modded pipe,no flies,chopped box,Tag metals copper bars with SV mounts,HEL lines,punched cat,delrin sliders,15t,no o2,no exup,swingarm mounted tag,hidden key switch,smoke taillight,integrated mirrors,bark busters,Hayabusa headlamp,custom made guage bracket,wrapped headers,pc111 with stage 3 smoothed map,06 R1 forks brakes and shock,08 r1 dog bone to raise the rear,fce,copper shorty levers,soon to be bare bars except for clutch lever and brake setup
Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
ReconViper1
Backroad Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafartist View Post
I think since running full on liter sportbikes that i can back a low ten with its current set up but the front end is so light without all that extras hanging out there i am gonna have to seriously strap the front end down.
Ain't gonna make no difference that you will ever notice. We're not talking about sack of cement.

Quote:
the front end is so light without all that extras hanging out there
That's only on the cast iron model.
ReconViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #33
rafartist

Actually recon, with just the wind resistance from no windshield the wind hits me in the helmet and chest so hard at speed it will actually start to skate the front end a little up over 130 or so. I have nothing to duck down behind and it get a little scary running it all the way to redline. And with the 15t it will hit the rev limiter in 6th gear. I dont imagine my trap speed being anywhere near the top speed of the bike but unless you've ridden a naked bike wide open, theres nothing that i can compare it too to make you understand how violent the windblast gets. Not complaining at all, its just a different ballgame up over a buck twenty and more. Imagine having a dirtbike that would hit triple digits is all i can compare it to!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #34
Fazer06

i would have to agree with rafartist to some extent, ive rode a friends naked quiet alot and the wind blast are terrible in the triple digits.
06 Shift Red, 17/49, PCIII, Ivan's ECU, Yoshimura TRC full system, K and N filter, lars air box mod, AIS removed, cut down flies, cat gutted,"un-kinked" fuel line, EBC clutch springs, frame sliders, swing arm spool sliders, ebay shorty levers
Old 04-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #35
Fazer06

went back again!!

hit the strip again tonight and kicked A$$!!! was the fastest bike at the track until the last hour and the 2010 zx14 finally learned how to launch ha ha.

I strapped the front and tried to consistently launch at 7k. started the night out with a 10.77 and worked my down to a 10.44. I am completely happy with the old fizz except for one thing.....I toasted my clutch tonight! It still rides, rode it home, It does not grab real well. Doesn't want to launch hard and does not like clutch wheelies. Pretty sure i glazed the plates good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_OtVLEQXJg
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #36
MaxxRPM
at MaxxPower

Good job Sir!.............
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #37
CrazyJoe
Older than Dirt

Quote:
Actually recon, with just the wind resistance from no windshield the wind hits me in the helmet and chest so hard at speed it will actually start to skate the front end a little up over 130 or so. I have nothing to duck down behind and it get a little scary running it all the way to redline. And with the 15t it will hit the rev limiter in 6th gear. I dont imagine my trap speed being anywhere near the top speed of the bike but unless you've ridden a naked bike wide open, theres nothing that i can compare it too to make you understand how violent the windblast gets. Not complaining at all, its just a different ballgame up over a buck twenty and more. Imagine having a dirtbike that would hit triple digits is all i can compare it to!
That's an excellent post on why the naked look is stupid.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #38
rafartist

Crazy if you like to look like every other squid around town thats cool but ive kinda outgrown it.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
CrazyJoe
Older than Dirt

Quote:
Crazy if you like to look like every other squid around town thats cool but ive kinda outgrown it.
NO --- I like to go over 100mph and be comfortable. Actually it gets bad at 80 mph.

To clarify --- the squids like to have the bike that looks fast.

Not saying you're a squid -- however.
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #40
rafartist

I must say I would like to own a Hayabusa some day, Ill admit that! They can be made into the ultimate stupid fast sport tourer! And ill admit that i would love to own a supersport 1000 all wrapped in shiny plastic too!

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion