register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
JonDaddy82
Professional Slimeball

*Hog Tales*

This will be a thread highlighting a small portion of the bullshit I hear at work. I will try to update it every now and then, but I'll never be able to truly lay it all out

Today:

Guy tells me about his 05 CVO Ultra Classic with motor work. He proceeds to tell me how it will pull the wheel in 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd. Impressive I say.

Last Week:

Customer tells me (a nurse actually) how wearing a helmet is worthless. Adds extra weight to your head, thus hurting your neck in a crash. In addition, what good is your head when your body is annihilated from a crash, because naturally you would only be wearing a T-shirt right? Yeaaaaa......

Customer tells me about his Road King with motor work. More impressive is the fact that it will beat Busa's from a dig.

....there's so much more but it's late and I can't remember it. More to come as time passes.

| Hyperpro steering damper | Pazzo levers | Galfer HH pads | Graves frame sliders | Shogun F/R sliders | | CA taillight | Motrax LED flushmounts | Custom FE | CD Speedscreen | AIS removed | Holeshot high mount | BMC filter | PCIII | Airbox mod | Flies | Factory Pro stacks | DynoJet QS | Braking rotors | Spiegler SS lines | Driven 520 16/46 | Graves EXUP plug |

10.1 at 137
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
WRAITH
DEVGRU Rocks

Classic stuff.
As much as we like to bust on this group of brother riders. I have to give big props from a bussiness perspective to the HD dealer I bought My Buell from. Even though I live 200 miles away, since buying my bike, I have received a really nice plaque (metal) embosed with a photo of my bike in front of the big mural they have one the wall of the dealer. It is engraved with my name and VIN. and date of purchase. This could not have been cheap. I have also gotten several tank you cards and coupons for discounts on goodies and service. I have also had three phone calls from them. One from my salesman, one from the Owner, and one from HD Customer satisfaction wanting to make sure the service I received at a totally different dealer was to my satisfaction. IF they do come back with a Buell inspired bike in the future under the HD name, I will certainly give them a fair shake. Good bussiness IMO.

Happy Landings..."E.K."
WRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #3
JonDaddy82
Professional Slimeball

I concur, the buying and ownership experience with HD is top notch.

| Hyperpro steering damper | Pazzo levers | Galfer HH pads | Graves frame sliders | Shogun F/R sliders | | CA taillight | Motrax LED flushmounts | Custom FE | CD Speedscreen | AIS removed | Holeshot high mount | BMC filter | PCIII | Airbox mod | Flies | Factory Pro stacks | DynoJet QS | Braking rotors | Spiegler SS lines | Driven 520 16/46 | Graves EXUP plug |

10.1 at 137
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
TKO
Miles To Go Before I Sleep

I have a feeling that this thread will become one of my fave's.
  • 2007 - R1 Front End w/AK 20's-Penske 8983-PC-IM-ECU Flash-BMC-Lars AB- AIS-Full Yosh R-77-15T/46T- DJ Quickshifter--Rizoma Rearsets-Graves FE-Magical Racing Screen-Factory Chin Cowl-ASV Shorties-Sargent Seat-55 Watt HID's-Gear Indicator-GPR V4 Stabilizer-Steel Braided Brake Lines-Speedo Healer-StompGrips-Watsen Design Flushmounts-Integrated Tailight-MP Axle Block Sliders-Engine and Fork Sliders-Bar End Mirrors-Zumo 550-Tail Rack w/48L CooCase-Givi V35PLX Side Cases

2011 WR250R
TKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #5
woodsatyr
Orange kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I have a feeling that this thread will become one of my fave's.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #6
WDD

How business for you JD? Well I hope -
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
bradd
Working away

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
This will be a thread highlighting a small

Guy tells me about his 05 CVO Ultra Classic with motor work. He proceeds to tell me how it will pull the wheel in 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd. Impressive I say.
Did you ask him how much his old lady weighs? I've seen a guy on an Ultra pull the front up with the engine off when the old lady get on
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Hog is not going to be happy - you defaming his good name and all....
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

This should be good, wishing you success JD.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
fizzyrider
Too stupid to know better

Ultra's pulling wheelies. Road King's beating 'Busa's.

Like some kind of parallel universe where up is down. Where do these tools come from?

That said.... more please.
fizzyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
'Dumbdog

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying....
how much his ol' lady weighs!
hahahahahaha!
'Dumbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #12
Freezin
Oh no

Quote:
Did you ask him how much his old lady weighs? I've seen a guy on an Ultra pull the front up with the engine off when the old lady get on
LMAO!
Co-worker was showing me pics of his new dyna wide glide he just picked up (his first street bike). Looks nice I say, although I could care less about a HD. He proceeds to tell me how he can't wait for spring so he can stomp on my FZ. Naturally I laughed at him but he was serious. "You just wait" he said....
Freezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #13
MaxxRPM
at MaxxPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezin View Post
LMAO!
Co-worker was showing me pics of his new dyna wide glide he just picked up (his first street bike). Looks nice I say, although I could care less about a HD. He proceeds to tell me how he can't wait for spring so he can stomp on my FZ. Naturally I laughed at him but he was serious. "You just wait" he said....
Thats one reality TV show I'd love to see..................

Definately this guy's first bike.........

Last edited by MaxxRPM; 02-16-2010 at 08:51 AM.
MaxxRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
Rockhound
7 kinds of Smoke

Oh man, harley owner stories...this thread will neve get old.

Two guys at my fathers work ride, one an FZ1 and the other rides a HD. The HD guy thought he would beat the the gen I FZ, and my father was on his Tiger behind them when they got on the highway, said the Fizzy was out of sight before the HD hit it's lofty redline of 5k rpms.
Rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #15
nurseiam

There's a guy on another forum I frequent that has been bragging up his 110 inch Harley. We've talked him into bringing it out to the strip in April to put up or shut up. Should be fun to watch.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
dirt2road
dirt2road

I knew a GM car dealer-Harley guy who just hated the "japs"--so he was building a "jap bike killer" HD. I don't think a single piece of his bottled fed Hog came off a HD factory floor or show room.

Kinda like beating on a Nissan 350z with a Funny Car
dirt2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
dean30
Nothing to see here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post

Last Week:

Customer tells me (a nurse actually) how wearing a helmet is worthless. Adds extra weight to your head, thus hurting your neck in a crash. In addition, what good is your head when your body is annihilated from a crash, because naturally you would only be wearing a T-shirt right? Yeaaaaa......
You just can't argue when they know they're right.

Good idea for a thread, JD. It's about time.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #18
Alpha Wolf
Crushing Repli Racer Egos.....

Location: Salinas, Deep within the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia....
My friend John is a die hard HD rider. Currently rides a 50th anniversary edition which has Screaming Eagle cams, carbs and exhaust. He thinks it is a bad ass bike. So he asks me to do a two up ride up to Alices...

I show up with the wife on my XV750... His first comment was to ask why I brought the little bike. I said the FZ would be a waste.

Two up I had no issue keeping up with them. When I got a clear spot on 9 I took off and just left him for dead.... We were parked and off the bike by the time he rolled up to Alices... He made a stream of excuses why he could not keep up...

Loved it..
01 Blue FZ: Bitubo: SBK Rear Shock RaceTech: Fork Springs/Gold Valves CarboTech: CF Front/Rear fenders Yosh C/F Slip On Hole Shot: Jet Kit, Timing Advancer, AIS Eliminator Givi: Rack, E41 Side Cases, E52 Center Case/top rack/backrest Pyramid: DB Windscreen Yamaha: CF Fairing Inserts, 15/44 gearing,Shaved Mud flaps. Hot Bodies: Turn Signal Integrator LP: Flush Mount Front turn indicator lights Bike Master: Superbike Handlebar

Alpha Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
outlawyer
2009 Bill Buckley Award Winner

Wheelie in the first three gears...
Yep, this is gonna be good. I would encourage em to embellish the power. You know, stuff like "Do you think you could keep up with an F-16 for the first 1/4 mile?" and stuff

outlawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #20
saesph1
BIRDSEED

I'm in auto repair and I work on HD bikes as well. My buddy who owns a "Custom Bike Shop" told me saturday that I need to buy another Harley because I work on them. I told him that I work on them, I don't need to own one.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion