register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )

Old 06-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #21
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmidd View Post
By next Tuesday I should know how much a 2007 with the same mileage is worth to the insurance company.
Well, you'll know their offer.

Whatever they say remember it's a negotiation and they know very few folks want to wait. Said "not enough" several times when my gen1 was totaled. After we negotiated that, and only after, I told them to fax their best salvage offer and I would match it.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #22
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Lets not confuse this thread please. Morgs a standup guy, this is a great deal somebody needs to jump............
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #23
hotboot
pony boy carry me home

Call a local dealer and get current black book, the most recent auction price sets value. You will want to sit down first.

Donate it. Fair market + your mods might help shave off taxes at the income level. You won't see it auctioned for $2199 so it won't hurt much. Sell the rest here.

Crash and burn it. See Brians numbers first. I am more valuable dead than alive, the FZ might be too.

Advertise outside the FZ circle. We have seen many many well sorted Gen 2's wallow around the FS section, really nice ones went for low low money as the sellers were moving on. A less informed audience may bring that 6K buyer out.

It's a fantastic specimen of that generation, the retro kit and mods would generate traffic. I would suggest consignment but most local stock goes back to auction in 90 days, your market may vary.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #24
torquemonstar

I say again. I've got an interested buyer at that price range. Let me know if you end up deciding to sell.
torquemonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #25
morgstang
"King of Clean"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemonstar View Post
I say again. I've got an interested buyer at that price range. Let me know if you end up deciding to sell.
I will. Im going to be in Austin fri. At AF1 looking at the tuono if you want to meet there.
morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:34 AM   #26
terry_b

That is such a nicely modded bike! Ever since I've been on this board, I've admired it. Good luck with sale! I would snatch it up in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash.

I'm with you on the mods adding value. When I buy, I'll pay a bit more something that's tastefully modded. Unfortunately, in practice mods never get a good return on value.
terry_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 AM   #27
morgstang
"King of Clean"

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
That is such a nicely modded bike! Ever since I've been on this board, I've admired it. Good luck with sale! I would snatch it up in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash.

I'm with you on the mods adding value. When I buy, I'll pay a bit more something that's tastefully modded. Unfortunately, in practice mods never get a good return on value.
Fortunately im able to keep it if i cant get a decent price for it.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #28
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

My $.02 since it's open for discussion:

I think if you get an offer for anything close to $5k you should jump on it and be happy, unless it's worth that to you to keep it. Most likely, though, 5k is a reach.

Nice mods make it desirable. I've seen tons of high mileage (around 40-50k) in the 4k range here in CA. They sit and sit. Market for a a high mileage gen2 is actually getting closer to 3k here, imo. And the LA area is usually closer to a seller's market than most others, due to the population, year round riding, and lots of cash floating around.

The gen2 are now where the gen1 were a couple years ago, now that some of the bells and whistles like tcs and abs are more common. Folks often list newer gen2 for around 6 or 7 here, which i actually think is very high considering there were zero mile '14s on the floor here at 5k more than a year ago, and also since there is virtually no difference between an 09 that can be had for 3-4k and a 14.

My guess is that there likely would be willing buyers for yours at 4k in light of the mods and cool retro kit. Maybe slightly more, but not much. Your bike would get interest at that price from buyers that would not give a second look at the dozens of 45k mile + gen2s at that price.

Glws!
BruinFZ1guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgstang View Post
Fortunately im able to keep it if i cant get a decent price for it.
But, your're still selling your stash,right?
kjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #30
Neanderthal
Jedi Fart Master

Beautiful bike Morg! It might have been mentioned somewhere here, but what would you replace it with? If you do sell, I'd absolutely strip it down/replace with OEM stuff and sell for around $4,000. I would think you could exchange your parts with someone here, part-for-part plus some cash back to you.

Just my 2 cents - don't sell.
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #31
morgstang
"King of Clean"

After carefull or careless deliberation with myself ive decided to keep it. Ive been debt free for many years and dont want to get back into a loan. Goofy as it may sound i like not paying monthly loans.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #32
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Quote:
After carefull or careless deliberation with myself ive decided to keep it. Ive been debt free for many years and dont want to get back into a loan. Goofy as it may sound i like not paying monthly loans.
That sounds awesome! You've got it set up just the way you want it, you've spent some money in it, so the longer you keep it the better the ROI!

While a new bike is fun, the newness factor wears off. Your likely to get just as much enjoyment out of your current bike.

Congrats! It is a beauty!
BruinFZ1guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #33
giddyup

Quote:
Glad you came to your senses.
Being in debt sucks and I make every effort to avoid it.

Past Rides: Kawasaki KX80, Honda CB350, CAN-AM 125 Qualifier, CAN-AM 250MX, CAN-AM 500MX, 1990 Kawasaki ZX6, 2001/2003 KLR 650, 2006 Yamaha FZ1
Current Rides: 2012 Yamaha FZ1/2014 KTM 690 Enduro
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #34
Bjorn240

Carrying debt on a motorcycle is insanity, unless you run a motorcycle rental business.
Bjorn240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #35
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Guess there goes all my goodies too........................LMAO

You made the right decision.
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #36
klj7734

Quote:
Well good. That would just down right be blasphemy!

Now that orange thingy sitting next to that beautiful fizzy... Ya it can definitely go! You know what bike you choose when you ride every weekend. That other bike has probably only gotten 1/100th of the use the fizzy has. Blasphemy I tell ya Blasphemy!
klj7734 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #37
morgstang
"King of Clean"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klj7734 View Post
Well good. That would just down right be blasphemy!

Now that orange thingy sitting next to that beautiful fizzy... Ya it can definitely go! You know what bike you choose when you ride every weekend. That other bike has probably only gotten 1/100th of the use the fizzy has. Blasphemy I tell ya Blasphemy!
That orange thingy gets ridden just as much.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #38
klj7734

Quote:
That orange thingy gets ridden just as much.
Blasphemy!

klj7734 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
Damn Yankee
Blood,Sweat and Gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Guess there goes all my goodies too........................LMAO

You made the right decision.
+1.. but Congrats....
Old 06-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #40
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFZ1guy View Post
My $.02 since it's open for discussion:

I think if you get an offer for anything close to $5k you should jump on it and be happy, unless it's worth that to you to keep it. Most likely, though, 5k is a reach.

Nice mods make it desirable. I've seen tons of high mileage (around 40-50k) in the 4k range here in CA. They sit and sit. Market for a a high mileage gen2 is actually getting closer to 3k here, imo. And the LA area is usually closer to a seller's market than most others, due to the population, year round riding, and lots of cash floating around.

The gen2 are now where the gen1 were a couple years ago, now that some of the bells and whistles like tcs and abs are more common. Folks often list newer gen2 for around 6 or 7 here, which i actually think is very high considering there were zero mile '14s on the floor here at 5k more than a year ago, and also since there is virtually no difference between an 09 that can be had for 3-4k and a 14.

My guess is that there likely would be willing buyers for yours at 4k in light of the mods and cool retro kit. Maybe slightly more, but not much. Your bike would get interest at that price from buyers that would not give a second look at the dozens of 45k mile + gen2s at that price.

Glws!
As a matter of fact LA market is where I mostly buy my bikes and cars. Its a buyer's market there are people sell dirt cheap. I have saved atleast 3-4k ovr buying in bay area. My recent acquisition came with 3-4K in mods already at a price 2-3k lower than Bay Area.

As for Morg, if you have time to wait then might as well part out the mods which is exactly what I am doing as I was not in a rush to sell. Would have gladly kept it and still might in stock form.

It was hard for me to sell my highly modded FZ1 (probably more than yours and one of the most modded FZ1s ever). First thing I did was sell the hoarded parts to free up some garage space.

Just can't get over this beauty. As classy and sporty as it gets for a non crotch rocket bike.

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Last edited by CrazyBiker; 06-14-2018 at 11:39 PM.
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )