register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Tips & Techniques

Old 10-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
outlaws Justice
Outlaws Justice

A Book

My First book is complete, ( The ART of Effective Motorsports Coaching) edited and ready to go to print. It is not a book for everyone, but my goal was to produce the book that would help those who coach riders to be able to make a difference in the lives of those whom they coach. Being that there was really nothing out there and no one else seemed interested in taking on this project. Reviews from those whom I have shared it with (Prior to now) have been very favorable! So here it is...hopefully I will have it in print soon and be able to sell copies to those who are interested.

https://bookdatabase.online/isbn.php...-0-692-04023-2

I even put in a shout out to the Yamaha FZ1 Owners Association in the acknowledgments.

WE ARE NOW IN PRINT!

Last edited by outlaws Justice; 12-17-2018 at 08:05 PM.
outlaws Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
Z Grand
Never Grew Up

Congrats. Nice hat!
90 Honda Hawk GT
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Z Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
ralphcor

Awesome!
Old 10-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
Wonger

I'll order one! Congrats!
Old 10-31-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
outlaws Justice
Outlaws Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
I'll order one! Congrats!
Thanks, I hope to go to print in the next 30 days or so and will let everyone know when they are available.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #6
outlaws Justice
Outlaws Justice

I got the proof back from the printer today and will have copies available before the holidays!
Old 12-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
outlaws Justice
Outlaws Justice

Some of the early reviews

Reviews

Effective coaching is an Art…
Effective coaching requires the ability to create an environment in which coaches and students develop a partnership in learning that allows for the development of skills outlined in course objectives and students’ personal goals. This book reminds us that customer service is at the heart of effective coaching. It provides a clear and concise set of skills that help motorsport coaches, both new and experienced, to know their students, identify preferred learning styles, and meet the students on their level. These skills, along with the right attitude, can increase our effectiveness as coaches. The ART of Effective Motorsports Coaching encourages us to continue to develop our coaching skills so we remain effective guides for our students throughout the learning process and beyond. After more than 30 years of teaching music, and 10 years of motorsports coaching, I have found that the thoughtful process outlined here keeps me focused on guiding the learning process with the student at the center. This book is a wonderful opportunity for anyone in a coaching position to reflect on his or her effectiveness, and areas for growth.
Dr. James Snell
Associate Professor of Music and Motorcycle RiderCoach

The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching is a relevant and insightful look into what makes an effective motorsports instructor. The vast experience Dave has, not only teaching motorsports but teaching the coaches of motorsports to be better coaches, informs this book with solid tips and tactics to make the learning process meaningful and positive for the coaches and students. Dave highlights the attitudes, skills, and techniques that make the kind of instructor a student from ten years ago will come up to and say “Hey, remember me? I was in your class!” because he or she had such a positive and memorable experience. As I read The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching, I could not help but reflect on my own teaching and coaching experiences, and how I might improve them in the future. I think this book will be beneficial to anyone who teaches or coaches motorsports.
Bill Scott
Retired CFO and Motorcycle Instructor

The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching, by David Beyer
I highly recommend David Beyer’s new book to anyone who already is, or might someday consider becoming a motorcycle rider coach, control rider, trainer or instructor of any kind. David has an exceptional gift for teaching, made apparent by the clear and concisely presented chapters in his book; and he’s also very proficient at and enjoys helping others expand their knowledge in these areas. This is not only an excellent book to read and study, but it will also serve the reader well as a reference guide to keep handy whenever it’s necessary to review a covered topic.
Having been involved in motorcycling for over 35 years, I was greatly encouraged to see these very important topics finally covered in this relevant and invaluable book, The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching. In addition to augmenting the motorcycle rider training that I offer, David’s book has also been helpful to me with the non-motorcycle related training I do in my job as the company trainer for a national/international organization.
You already have a passion to help riders refine their existing skills and learn new ones. You enjoy helping them become better and safer riders. You’re the one who David’s book will help to learn new techniques and to become an even better and more proficient and effective instructor, and your students will benefit from learning more from you. I strongly encourage you to order your copy of The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching, by David Beyer today!

Kurt Repsher
Advanced Rider Course Chief Instructor
CMA SC Area Rep - Fast Lane
GWRRA SC-K Rider Educator
Old 12-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
outlaws Justice
Outlaws Justice

It is official, we are now in print. It is nice to see all the hard work finally come to a result!

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Tips & Techniques