click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 05-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #161
dipps
administrator

dang. check out the new "dead or alive ultimate" game.... the interactive environments are awesome.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/566/566556/vids_1.html#
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
dipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:50 AM   #162
dipps
administrator

this predator game sounds kind of interesting....

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/515/515486p1.html
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
Old 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #163
Mighty Kentor
Hello 99?

This is the only thread I've seen where's there are more replies than views! What's up with that???
Mighty Kentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #164
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Kentor
This is the only thread I've seen where's there are more replies than views! What's up with that???
i don't know, man.... all my geek brethren have left me.

how ya feeling?? were all the kings horses and all the kings men able to put humpty dumpty back together again?

EDIT: oh yeah.... the reason there are more posts than views is because a couple days ago i wanted to change the name of the thread, so des had to create a new one and toss all the posts from the other one into this one.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #165
Devilsyam
UK Pod Racer

I have a question my kids are always being asked why there "ping count keeps changing"

I cannot for the life of me understand what this is or means.

The game they are playing online in multiplayer mode is Call of duty

can anyone shed any light on the subject.

luke

Www.Devilsyam.Com

(On me 5th FZ1)
Devilsyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #166
ShawnsFZ1
Please Reboot!

I think I can answer that. The PING counts they are talking about represent their connection. The lower the number, the better connection and thus better gameplay.

It does change with alot of factors, Network Traffic, amount of players on a given server, the server itself and your Internet connection speed.

Hope that helps shed some liight on this. In gaming online, PINGS are the difference between a great gaming experience and just letting other people kill you because you are too slow in ping times.

Shawn
ShawnsFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #167
Mighty Kentor
Hello 99?

Quote:
Originally posted by fz1dipps

how ya feeling?? were all the kings horses and all the kings men able to put humpty dumpty back together again?

Yeah, I'm getting used to being a south paw, and I bought a shiney black RF1000 along with dark tint sheild! (i hadn't tried the RF1000 on prior, so thought Shoei had forsaken my head shape).

Julie's new to us bike is okay, the worst of which is the fairing broke around the front turn signal. I'll epoxy that thing back on I guess. . .

If you read the side effect warning on yur nearest bottle of percoset, you'll notice that constipation is one possibility. True to form, I haven't dropped any kids off at the pool since Wednesday!
Mighty Kentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:55 PM   #168
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Kentor
True to form, I haven't dropped any kids off at the pool since Wednesday!

now where's that "too much information" smilie?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #169
dipps
administrator

i had to chuckle a bit when i read this update on doom 3... thinking of desmo and his thing with zombies.

... but the game sounds like its gonna be real cool.

take a read.
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/515/515935p1.html

while you're at it, check out some of the rumors for the next generation xbox system.

http://nextbox.ccfx.net/faq_general.php

rumor has it the next xbox will possibly NOT be backwards compatible with the first gen xbox games. won't bother me much, cuz i don't plan on buying any more gaming systems (key word would be "plan" ), but that would NOT be a good thing. supposedly the new processor is a powerpc chip, and the old games were developed with an intel chip in mind (or something like that). different architectures.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:32 PM   #170
dipps
administrator

oh yeah... and hellboy is coming to DVD july 27th.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #171
RoadRashed
Faster than a speeding bullet

Hellboy will have a DVD date that soon? Must have flopped big time.....

BTW, I WILL be buying this game the day it comes out.

http://www.gameinfowire.com/game.asp?gid=921 Just got my 1st free issue of XBN magazine and the preview of Jade Empire looks awesome. Just my kind of game. That and Fable.
RoadRashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:44 PM   #172
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRashed
Hellboy will have a DVD date that soon? Must have flopped big time.....

BTW, I WILL be buying this game the day it comes out.

http://www.gameinfowire.com/game.asp?gid=921 Just got my 1st free issue of XBN magazine and the preview of Jade Empire looks awesome. Just my kind of game. That and Fable.
you're going to spend money on a game???

Old 05-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #173
RoadRashed

Quote:
you're going to spend money on a game???

Well.....it's not due to come out until the end of the year.....and at the time of its releases, my woman will be bringing home some money again ......FINALLY!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #174
RoadRashed

Speaking of games........ Instead of letting that copy of Jedi Academy that you finished long ago sit around and gather dust......why don't you ship it my way to help me with my boredom. I will give it back to you at the rally. As payment, I will gladly reimburse any shipping costs.......and I will drop a few of the pranks/gags that I have planned for you at the rally off my very long list. I would even pay a rental fee if you wanted. I'm desparate.....

I just stopped by Blockbuster to buy a used copy, figuring it would have come down in price by now, and found that they were charging $39.99 for a USED copy....... That's $10 more than Best Buy/Game Stop/Circuit City are charging for brand NEW copies. Screw Blockbuster....
Old 05-18-2004, 03:11 PM   #175
Minex

Man, don't even get me started on Blockbuster.
Minex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #176
Cooter007
Jail Bait

Quote:
Originally posted by Minex
Man, don't even get me started on Blockbuster.
Amen brother! Um… I mean Sister!..... They turned my wife into a collection agency for a $4.00 late fee that we didn’t even know existed! Never called the house, never sent a late notice…….. $4.00 for goodness sakes! It probably cost them more than that to get the collection agency involved.

I have nothing to add!
Cooter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:14 AM   #177
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Blockbuster is the anti-Christ. Never spend a dime in that hell hole.

Netflix baby. Netflix!
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #178
RoadRashed

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmo
Blockbuster is the anti-Christ. Never spend a dime in that hell hole.

Netflix baby. Netflix!
I haven't rented a movie from Blockbuster in years.......and yes......Netflix is the bomb (especially if you try to cancel and they drop the price to $15 a month....do it if you haven't already....it's a standard reaction from them).

But......Blockbuster is the only used game store around me right now......and Dipps won't let me borrow his copy of Jedi Academy. ...so I am forced to deal with their evil.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #179
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRashed
But......Blockbuster is the only used game store around me right now......and Dipps won't let me borrow his copy of Jedi Academy. ...so I am forced to deal with their evil.
i'm still pondering that one..... you had to shoot for one of my 5 favorite games that i still jump in and play on occasion, weasel. had you asked for turok: evolution or even jedi starfighter, it would have been an easy decision.... but NO, you had to go right for jedi academy.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #180
RoadRashed

Quote:
i'm still pondering that one..... you had to shoot for one of my 5 favorite games that i still jump in and play on occasion, weasel.

I plan on running by the mall today and looking for a copy. That's one of those games I would rather own so I could take all the time I needed........and if I get bored, play it a different way. I'm just at you. You can keep your copy.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion