click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 02-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #41
dipps
administrator

don't EVER get NBA JAM for gameboy advance. WASTE OF MONEY!!! it sucks bad. i used to love it on super nintendo, but i don't think they've come out with a good version of it since.
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
dipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:40 AM   #42
dipps
administrator

p.s. another week or two, and ninja gaiden will be here for the xbox.

this game is going to be the coolest game EVER. if you don't own an xbox, this game will be a reason to get one.
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil -- the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus
Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 AM   #43
Minex

fz1dipps, have you tried Morrowind for the X-Box? I purchased that game when it first came out 2 years ago and I'm still playing it. If you only like FPS Games, then I'd probably stay away from this one. Actually, I'm playing it on the PC... I'm wondering if its any better or worse for X-Box.
Minex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #44
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Minex
fz1dipps, have you tried Morrowind for the X-Box? I purchased that game when it first came out 2 years ago and I'm still playing it. If you only like FPS Games, then I'd probably stay away from this one. Actually, I'm playing it on the PC... I'm wondering if its any better or worse for X-Box.
no i haven't. i've heard its good (although a bit buggy as well), but i have KOTOR and haven't hardly had the chance to play that game at all. right now i'm wrapped up in vice city and prince of persia. vice city is addicting. but all those games will be swept to the side when ninja gaiden comes out.

i'm also waiting for tiger woods pga tour 2004 and simpsons hit and run to drop in price to $30 or $40, but they aren't budging.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #45
Minex

KOTOR *rocks*. Man, I think I wasted an entire weekend playing that game. All I remember was turning on my PC and loading up KOTOR on a boring saturday morning. The next thing I knew, it was sunday night. Here are some screen caps I took :

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

BTW, how do you like Sands of Time? I've been eyeing that lately.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:05 AM   #46
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Minex
BTW, how do you like Sands of Time? I've been eyeing that lately.
now is the time to buy sands of time, man. they are selling "splinter cell" along with it for a limited time. i already sold my splinter cell for $10 to a friend, so i only paid $40 for SOT. sands of time is a great game, but it seems a little on the easy side. i'm about 60% through with about 7 hours in. the fighting engine is great. flipping around, slashing as you go. a lot of fun there. the gymnastics you can pull off are sweet. supposedly it's quite a bit like ninja gaiden in that respect. plus you have the ability to rewind time when you do something dumb, which saves your life on numerous occasions. the puzzles can be a little tricky at times, but so long as you are aware of all your gymnastic capabilities, they usually aren't too bad.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #47
RoadRashed
Faster than a speeding bullet

I am playing Super Mario World - Sunshine right now (borrowed from the neighbors' kids).... That is how desperate I am for a decent game.
RoadRashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #48
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRashed
I am playing Super Mario World - Sunshine right now (borrowed from the neighbors' kids).... That is how desperate I am for a decent game.
i haven't played that one for a while. i actually like mario world sunshine. it's a great, colorful game... and it was cheap (when i bought it anyway). i gotta go back and start playing that one again. i always liked the "fun" games from nintendo. and its fun to watch my 4 year old try to control mario as he wanders around.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #49
dipps
administrator

more excellent news.... disney's aladdin is coming to DVD (special edition) for the first time on october 5th. this is one of my favorite disney movies of all time. i can't wait.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/491/491132p1.html

and it even includes a 3D tour of the genies lamp!!! now honestly, who of you out there has never wondered what the heck the inside of a genie's lamp looks like. sweet!!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #50
dipps
administrator

so is anybody headed to the store today to pick up "Unreal 2: The Awakening"???

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/491/491...html?fromint=1

i'm thinking i'm going to pass on this one for now. the reviews don't look that good. i'd rather get simpsons hit and run or tiger woods pga tour 2003 if i'm going to spend the money.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #51
Minex

I did see it, but for some reason, I never actually got into the unreal series. I've been playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Halflife lately, for some reason.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:21 AM   #52
RoadRashed
Faster than a speeding bullet

Quote:
Originally posted by fz1dipps
so is anybody headed to the store today to pick up "Unreal 2: The Awakening"???

Not I.... Other than Halo, I can't stand to play first person shooters on a console, ESPECIALLY something as fast paced as the Unreal series. A mouse is a requirement for me in that type of game.
RoadRashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #53
dipps
administrator

doom 3.... coming to an xbox near you in may supposedly.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/491/491780p1.html

Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #54
dipps
administrator

RR, minex... another decent title or two that are coming out in the very near future....

MX Unleashed 2/16
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/445/445690p1.html

007: Everything or Nothing 2/17
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/462/462959p1.html

heck, for a release date list, look here.
http://xbox.ign.com/release.html

Old 02-13-2004, 02:33 PM   #55
dipps
administrator

no f'in way!!!! ninja gaiden delayed again!

how many gosh dang times are they going to delay this stinkin' game????????

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/492/492313p1.html
Old 02-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #56
dipps
administrator

man... i don't remember catwoman looking like this....

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/492/492010p1.html

Old 02-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #57
dipps
administrator

anybody ever check out hidden easter eggs on their dvd's???

http://dvd.ign.com/eggs.html
Old 02-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #58
Desmo
Hello ladies...

Catwoman - It gets worse. This movie is gonna blow.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16800
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:04 PM   #59
dipps
administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmo
Catwoman - It gets worse. This movie is gonna blow.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16800
yeah, i know... it'll probably suck... but the pictures are nice.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #60
Minex

Damn fz1dipps, can we say, "post whore"? I need to get some new games... I've been replaying Halflife as of lately. Ninja Gaiden and Metroid look pretty sweet.

Also, let me guess as to the game console you have, fz1dipps. Show me some good PS2 games...

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion