click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 05-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Alley Oop
Proof That Man Rode Dinosaurs

Online Pharmacies: Foil the Gatekeepers

Anybody used online pharmacies to avoid doctor visit hell and get cheaper drugs from Canada or other countries?

Iíve got some debilitating nerve pain that flares occasionally (like right now).

Appts with general practitioner or orthopedic doc require wait. Offices not returning my voicemails.

So any reputable no-prescription pharmacies in Canada?

I mainly need some Toradol right now. Itís not controlled just a good short-term NSAID that works for me in combo with oral steroids.

Thanks!
Alley Oop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
They are out there but, toradol and tramadol have become controlled substances in most states. I reckon if you take enough it provides a high....... wtf? Never needed nor wanted more than what I need. Can't cypher some folk out.........

2008 Ducati Hyper SOLD
2012 Aprilia V4 Tuono SOLD

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Tom Renda
A Person Off Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
So any reputable no-prescription pharmacies in Canada?
Would that be legal - to "consult" with prescription provider who is licensed (and practices) in another country? Without physically going there first?
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Tom Renda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
Alley Oop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
They are out there but, toradol and tramadol have become controlled substances in most states. I reckon if you take enough it provides a high....... wtf? Never needed nor wanted more than what I need. Can't cypher some folk out.........
The schedules are federal.

Tramadol is an opioid. Controlled narcotic. Versus Toradol is just an anti-inflammatory like Motrin. But it's very effective for me. Problem is it's still not OTC.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

I just looked up Taradol and would pick some up for you but it is not an over the counter drug. You need a doctor's prescription.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
quazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
Alley Oop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Renda View Post
Would that be legal - to "consult" with prescription provider who is licensed (and practices) in another country? Without physically going there first?
Don't know. In terms of legal prohibitions for out of country prescriptions, they're designed--as you know--to protect the exclusive markets (and profits) of the drug companies (and written by them). So it's not really a just law in my view. And I'm willing to risk breaking it with circumstances depending.

I support FDA oversight and regulation. But I think informed consumers should have the freedom of choice to risk non-FDA approved substances. Especially in our screwed up health system where a patient has to jump through a dozen hoops just to take a few tablets that are proven to work and he needs quickly for nerve pain so he can function.

I had an extra dose pack of prednisone, some Gabapentine, and substituting Motrin/Tylenol for the Toradol. That should get me back in the game tomorrow.

I just wanted to know if anyone had good experience with something like a specific Canadian pharmacy so I could shop with greater confidence.

I just read a medical study of U.S. patients who had used a Canadian pharmacy. They found participants with Google ads. Most of them were middle-aged women. So I guess I'm on the wrong forum.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
quazz

Why are your drug prices so high? I am sure a lot of the scrip drugs bought in Canada were made in the US. Most things made in the US are cheaper in the US.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Alley Oop

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazz View Post
I just looked up Taradol and would pick some up for you but it is not an over the counter drug. You need a doctor's prescription.
Yep, that seems the case in Canada. And thanks for the offer.

Since it's an NSAID it should go OTC at some point; I'd have to look at the patent to see just when. Then I could just take double for the prescription dose.

I did see a Canadian pharmacy selling it with no prescription required. But the credibility goes down at that point. And I took quite enough mystery tablets in my wilder days. I may still get a script after I survive this bout and use it to order from the Great White North and see how it goes. Keeping my options open.

Thank you
Old 05-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #9
Alley Oop

Quote:
Why are your drug prices so high? I am sure a lot of the scrip drugs bought in Canada were made in the US. Most things made in the US are cheaper in the US.
Bribery, avarice, rigged markets, and predatory capitalism.

Heck, the federal government (Medicare) is prevented by federal law from negotiating drug prices. They made it a law!

That's like legislators telling Walmart (commensurate buyer to Medicare) that they can't negotiate prices.

Canada decided long ago that health care was a moral issue. I forget the name of the Baptist preacher who led the cause and crafted a system that didn't bankrupt its citizens.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #10
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Quote:
It depends on the drug of course, if amoxicillin actually became an OTC that you had to sign for, like pseudophede, the price would double. I paid a Pharmacy one third of what I paid a veterinarian, 2 weeks 4x the strength of the cats one week.

But new drugs with a Patent are where all future drug research and lawsuit payoffs come from.
Snake bite medication has also gone through the roof because it is stocked but so rarely used.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #11
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Quote:

Appts with general practitioner or orthopedic doc require wait. Offices not returning my voicemails.
Can't they call it in if you get ahold of the PC physician? If they have a medical record of you having used it before.

I was prescribed a new BP medication today. I found out at the Pharmacy that it's on backorder. I have to get ahold of the Dr. Office tomorrow, to see if they are working on this.
I hope it's not a case of the Pharmacy profiting from running out of the cheapest drug but stocking more expensive ones.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #12
t84a
Real Bikers Pedal

I get Patanol from Planet Drugstore in Canada but they require legitimate prescriptions.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater
t84a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #13
WileyLogHomes
Need a Log Home?

Ive used eBay before to get anti-inflammatory prescription creams from Europe, shipping took a little bit of time but was as advertised
Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #14
quazz

Quote:
Bribery, avarice, rigged markets, and predatory capitalism.

Heck, the federal government (Medicare) is prevented by federal law from negotiating drug prices. They made it a law!

That's like legislators telling Walmart (commensurate buyer to Medicare) that they can't negotiate prices.

Canada decided long ago that health care was a moral issue. I forget the name of the Baptist preacher who led the cause and crafted a system that didn't bankrupt its citizens.
Tommy Douglas I think but I didn't know he was a preacher. The world did not end in spite of the dire warnings from those with a vested interest in the status quo. But that was over 50 years ago, doing it then was easier.

There must be some reason besides greed/avarice which is universal and in every industry in every country. In fact I would bet that the US develops and produces more new drugs than any other country and that is a very good thing even if it is driven by greed.

Regardless, let me know if I can help.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #15
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
I get Patanol from Planet Drugstore in Canada but they require legitimate prescriptions.
Wow, I vaguely recall using Planet Drugstore for a lot of umm, medicinals, back in the 60ís and 70ís. Never had a problem.
Stella Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #16
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
It depends on the drug of course, if amoxicillin actually became an OTC that you had to sign for, like pseudophede, the price would double.
I just came back from Cancun, where amox, cephlex, 2.5% hydrocortisone, and codeine Tylenol was all OTC. Why we canít have stuff like this in the US is beyond me.

I know when Iím sick, why do I have to go to the doctor and pay a copay for them to tell me Iím sick, to write me a script for a $4 antibiotic? Mexico is ahead of us on that one it seems.
MichaelFZ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #17
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

The reason is to stop people abusing the drugs. We have similar laws here in Australia. Drugs that have psycho active ingredients are even harder to get and you have to show a drivers license or proof of ID to get them.

Some of our drugs recently went from supermarket to pharmacy only meds too, i.e. aspirin I believe.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #18
Alley Oop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
Can't they call it in if you get ahold of the PC physician? If they have a medical record of you having used it before.
Yes, if they'd return my calls. I like my docs, but their office management leaves a lot to be desired.

Health care has the worst customer service it seems of any industry. I've had people in Europe tell me they can have easy e-mail conversations with their doctor. Here the system is designed to funnel everyone through the front door of the office for anything. Sometimes I know what I need and can't wait for an appt.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:27 AM   #19
isleoman

You could always try Mexico.

I went on a one day trip into Nuevo Larado with a co-worker. As we walked down the street (about a block from the entry point) I was approached by at least a dozen Pharmacy "representatives" selling scripts on the street corner.

10 out 12 of the street pharmacists asked if I wanted a script for the blue pill. The other two were hawking pain pills.

My lesbian co-worker wondered why so many street vendors thought I was a "soft" target.
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #20
isleoman

Quote:

Health care has the worst customer service it seems of any industry. I've had people in Europe tell me they can have easy e-mail conversations with their doctor. Here the system is designed to funnel everyone through the front door of the office for anything. Sometimes I know what I need and can't wait for an appt.
I'd put customer support from Lawyers way, way, way below Health care. In fact most "Professionals" that I deal with are not Professional at all.

In New England both my health care provider and my wife's have secure online interface between patients, Drs, and staff, including refilling prescriptions, asking questions, and making appointment. You can also see all your medical history including lab reports. We always get same day responses (not same minute)

My wife uses it for most of her interactions for both her and her 100 year old Mom.
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion