click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 11-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #81
fermic37

Yeah, only think I can’t do now I could
Do before is the really hard stuff with the guys.

But overall she is happier, and we have a new shared interest. And she has a hobby.

I don’t regret it.

Plus we have another motorcycle enthusiast in a dying community now
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #82
Tom Renda
A Person Off Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Mt girlfriend must be pretty tall.
Giant, cone shaped mountains. Something from a Woody Allen movie.
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Tom Renda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #83
Cougar
Nerd Herder

I could have written this Duke!

"Although I'm a 2 stroke guy, I always recommend that women start on a small 4 stroke because they are much more forgiving. Actually I also recommend that guys learn on a 4 stroke for the same reason. Either a TW200 or a TTR or a used XR200. My ex-wife started on a 2 stroke 125 KTM and it was too high strung for her. The TW200 was MUCH better for her. After the TW we bought her a 200 MXC 2 stroke and she still wasn't ready for the 2 stroke hit. It scared the shit out of her."

My ex-wife also started on a 125 KTM, then had a TW200 and then a 200 MXC. The 2 strokes also scared the shit out of her but the TW was just too heavy. I also think that a XR200 is perfect. My oldest daughter rode one for several years.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #84
fermic37

We are probably posting the bike for sale here shortly.

Going to keep an eye out for a xtrainer or ktm free ride.

They are the only bikes she really fits on.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #85
Duken4evr
Map Maven

I would go with the X-trainer. Got to take a short ride on one of those, they are really cool. They are low to the ground and mellow, but have a bit of a snap to them. Have not ridden a Freeride, but imagine the X-Trainer, while still a luggable mellow bike, is a wee bit spicier. Given the photos posted here, I think your girl is kinda spicy

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:45 AM   #86
fermic37

Haha. It’s one of those “which comes up for sale faster”

They have both been selling around me for 4500-5k in good condition. Mainly older guys who own them since they aren’t race bikes
Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #87
fermic37

Christmas is easy this year. Gave her a list of parts her bike needs. Said I can get you these or something else for Christmas.

Bike parts it is!
Old 11-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #88
Wonger

That's awesome. I gave my wife the wishlist from RMATV and Revzilla and said go for it. I'll be lucky if I get some MX socks after spending as much as I did on bikes.

I am also looking hard at the Betas for myself. I cant decide if I want the xtrainer or the 250 and keep it tuned mellow with the aux spring. I've convinced myself better or worse, that I really like the lower height and smaller size of those both those bikes. Much more so on the xtrainer. I wish I could ride each, though. I initially thought I wanted a 300, but rode my friend's 300 XC-W and it about rips my arms off, and it needs to be pointed in the right direction. I got my timing wrong trying to hop a log because of some ruts and about launched both the bike and myself halfway up the tree next to it. I just need a mild, light weight trail bike that can connect trail to trail.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #89
ctfz1
corner carver

Way back when the Hodakas were a good beginner bike. Suzuki 185s too.

I had a 73 XL250 in the mid 80s, a friends doughter did some ridding on it. Her father had a 74.
That said the four stroke 200s with electric start are the way to go
Older bikes may need suspension fresh up, newer may cost more. There are forums for specific models, and thumpertalk can be helpful.
ctfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #90
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
I initially thought I wanted a 300, but rode my friend's 300 XC-W and it about rips my arms off, and it needs to be pointed in the right direction. I got my timing wrong trying to hop a log because of some ruts and about launched both the bike and myself halfway up the tree next to it. I just need a mild, light weight trail bike that can connect trail to trail.
You would hate my 300. It has a Gnarly pipe on it with the red spring, set 2 turns out. It is a crispy critter arm ripper, snaps to it right off idle. My 450 riding buddy says my 300 has a lot of low end. In fairness, I live in Colorado and ride at high elevation, which tones it down some. My bike would be stupid at sea level

The snappy 300 reminds me of my old 500 - shift it early, put a load on the engine and let it rip, except it weighs a lot less than the old 500s and unlike the big bikes of yore, which steered like buses, the 300 handles sharply, like a 250. It is the perfect dirt bike Well, the new 300s, with their vibrationless counterbalanced engines and far better e-start system are "perfect". "Perfection" just keeps on moving!

I'll just drop this pic from our recent outing in Utah here. Oh, and the return to Denver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bikes.jpg (84.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Snow.jpg (112.8 KB, 77 views)

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M

Last edited by Duken4evr; 11-21-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #91
fermic37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
That's awesome. I gave my wife the wishlist from RMATV and Revzilla and said go for it. I'll be lucky if I get some MX socks after spending as much as I did on bikes.

I am also looking hard at the Betas for myself. I cant decide if I want the xtrainer or the 250 and keep it tuned mellow with the aux spring. I've convinced myself better or worse, that I really like the lower height and smaller size of those both those bikes. Much more so on the xtrainer. I wish I could ride each, though. I initially thought I wanted a 300, but rode my friend's 300 XC-W and it about rips my arms off, and it needs to be pointed in the right direction. I got my timing wrong trying to hop a log because of some ruts and about launched both the bike and myself halfway up the tree next to it. I just need a mild, light weight trail bike that can connect trail to trail.
A beta 300 and a ktm 300 are nothing alike. I personally hate riding my
Buddies 300rr it’s way too tame. I like the thrill of a snappy ktm

But if tame is what you want get the 300. He bought his gf a 250rr. I rode that a bit. It was ok but it lacked low end. He eventually just did a 300 jug swap on it.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:04 AM   #92
Wonger

Thanks for the info fermic. I just need to sell my Cherry FE350 to someone who wants this badass bike. They guys I ride with are just hauling bikes to the trails now, so I don't need the DS as much. Just enough to get it plated for FS roads. If anyone knows of someone wanting an '18 FE350 with <10 hrs and everything added to it (except a Rekluse) for below the cost of a new one, let me know!! I added $3300 worth of accessories to make this thing bitchin, and now I don't use it. About 55 or more hp at 11,000.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #93
fermic37

ANDDDD now we are going to look at a CBR500r tonight for the girl who " doesn't really want a street bike" from the beginning of this thread lol
Old 06-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #94
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Sweet!

Old 06-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #95
Wonger

That's hilarious. There are a few people around here that have them and enjoy them. Don't discount all the insanely cheap Ninja 650's around and Ninja400's either. They both sit up a bit higher than one might expect. hard to beat the CB500's friendly nature.

I did end up getting a 300rr a couple weeks ago, BTW.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:20 AM   #96
fermic37

Nice! my buddy just bought one to replace his ktm500. This was his first day on it last weekend. https://youtu.be/pszZTy52744

And we went and looked at it. already lowered, has tail tidy (not installed) integrated lights. was my buddies ex gfs bike so I know he did annual oil changes on it. only has 3500 miles.

the best/worst part, she had the wheels, rearsets, and other odds and ends powdercoated hot pink.... I felt right at home riding it around considering what month it is lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2CD9EAA0-551D-4743-81F4-DBE36917DD92.jpeg (117.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #97
organ donor

I think it would look good if it was all black and just the wheels were pink, but with all the other stuff, no, just hideous. Knowing when to stop is important.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #98
fermic37

levers and frame slider plates are coming off and black ones going back on. and passenger pegs are being removed. so that will clean it up a bit.

but who ever did the powder coat did a superb job.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #99
organ donor

I don't like the idea of accentuating the utilitarian items of a bike. If you add color it should be in a way that compliments the lines of the bike like the tank, body work, frame, and tail section if that makes since. With the exception of the bars and levers. These are just my opinions, others may vary. Hideous might have been a bit strong, looks like a clean bike, enjoy.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #100
fermic37

Oh no I agree with you. It’s a bit much. Don’t worry I’ll get it cleaned up.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion