click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #4721
Wonger

Nevermind that, Gunny, what are the fan blades from?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:46 AM   #4722
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Nice! I dig on Fender. Which reminds me, the '65 Bandmaster needs to get into a repair shop...

I bought the Phase 95 mini. Small pedalboard complete! Need to get a shoulder strap for it, and I'll be able to carry both guitars and my pedals in one trip to/from rehearsals. Heaven!

-T
Old 07-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #4723
KBay84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
Nevermind that, Gunny, what are the fan blades from?
An AV-8B Harrier F402 engine fan stator section, one of the retirement plaques I got from my Power Plants Marines.

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum
KBay84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #4724
KBay84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
Nice! I dig on Fender. Which reminds me, the '65 Bandmaster needs to get into a repair shop...

I bought the Phase 95 mini. Small pedalboard complete! Need to get a shoulder strap for it, and I'll be able to carry both guitars and my pedals in one trip to/from rehearsals. Heaven!

-T
Why I'm also digging the Fender. The Line 6had to have been close to 110 pounds, and the Fender is 34 pounds, huge difference, and I don't have to ask anyone to help carry it because of my back issues.

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #4725
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBay84 View Post
Why I'm also digging the Fender. The Line 6had to have been close to 110 pounds, and the Fender is 34 pounds, huge difference, and I don't have to ask anyone to help carry it because of my back issues.
Yeah, lighter weight is lovely, eh? My old Fenders stay in the home jam room; they're just too heavy. I'd lug them to shows back in my 20s and 30s, but my days of carrying them around are done.

I keep a little Blackheart 3w/5w tube amp with a 1x12 cab at the rehearsal studio. Huge tone and absurdly light. It's great, and it records well without bleeding through the iso box it lives in (it stays miked, as does everything—we rehearse with in-ears).

The gigging amp has become a Vox Night Train (15w tube) with a custom 2x10 that's gloriously shimmery. And also absurdly light. The cab is on casters, but there's no need; I can easily lift it with one hand.

My only solid state is my Marshal as50r, for acoustic guitar. Which works well.

-T
Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 AM   #4726
Wonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
Yeah, lighter weight is lovely, eh? My old Fenders stay in the home jam room; they're just too heavy. I'd lug them to shows back in my 20s and 30s, but my days of carrying them around are done.

I keep a little Blackheart 3w/5w tube amp with a 1x12 cab at the rehearsal studio. Huge tone and absurdly light. It's great, and it records well without bleeding through the iso box it lives in (it stays miked, as does everything—we rehearse with in-ears).

The gigging amp has become a Vox Night Train (15w tube) with a custom 2x10 that's gloriously shimmery. And also absurdly light. The cab is on casters, but there's no need; I can easily lift it with one hand.

My only solid state is my Marshal as50r, for acoustic guitar. Which works well.

-T
If you want to see truly life-changing cabs, check out Barefacedaudio.com.

Incredibly efficient and very light. Much louder and clearer than a std ported cab.

Good review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgkxjWZhfcw&t=1273s
Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #4727
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Very cool. I didn't know those existed. Sounds great in that vid. Pricing isn't cheap, but not outrageous, either. 417 pounds is somewhere around $550 for the 1x12.

-T
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #4728
reubswinks

I have been eyeing bi-directional obd II scanners for a while. With cars getting more and more complicated, with more computers, actuators, etc, I figured if I was going to continue trying to work on my own cars (and relatives/friends) I should upgrade my equipment a little.

Prime day pushed me over the edge with the sale on the Launch X431 Pro Mini. This thing can do almost all of what the $2000+ models can do. Key/fob programming, reading/erasing fault codes from all modules (abs, transmission, srs, bcm, etc), actuator testing, relearn procedures and a ton more.

Already put it to on my car commanding the purge valve to change percent and watching if the evap system vacuum level changed. Great way to test for those pesky evap leaks might be. Looking forward to learning more and more about its capabilities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg launch x431.jpg (166.3 KB, 286 views)
reubswinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #4729
isleoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubswinks View Post
I have been eyeing bi-directional obd II scanners for a while. With cars getting more and more complicated, with more computers, actuators, etc, I figured if I was going to continue trying to work on my own cars (and relatives/friends) I should upgrade my equipment a little.

Prime day pushed me over the edge with the sale on the Launch X431 Pro Mini. This thing can do almost all of what the $2000+ models can do. Key/fob programming, reading/erasing fault codes from all modules (abs, transmission, srs, bcm, etc), actuator testing, relearn procedures and a ton more.

Already put it to on my car commanding the purge valve to change percent and watching if the evap system vacuum level changed. Great way to test for those pesky evap leaks might be. Looking forward to learning more and more about its capabilities.

Sweet looking device. Be aware that the major auto mfrs are going to wifi based readers to prevent other than dealers from working on cars. There are groups that are trying to fight it. Impacts newer cars.
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #4730
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

I've wanted one of these forever.

'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #4731
Harry1976
Old Guy

The Harbor freight lifts are well worth the money, I used one for years before I bought a couple of pro models, now I keep it in our race trailer for use at the track.
Harry1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #4732
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleoman View Post
Sweet looking device. Be aware that the major auto mfrs are going to wifi based readers to prevent other than dealers from working on cars. There are groups that are trying to fight it. Impacts newer cars.
Lots of people don't like being told they have to go back to the dealer. It helps if they can be assured it's a warranty or recall item and inexpensive or free. But the manufacturers that bite the hand that feed them pay a price.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #4733
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
I've wanted one of these forever.
I really like mine. Would it be cool if it was pneumatic? sure. But can't beat it for the price. Just don't stand on the front as the rear will decide to come up
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:46 PM   #4734
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Ordered:
2020 Neo brand all aluminum 7.5' x 18' +5' V nose sport trailer. 6.5' tall. Drive/ride in drive/ride out. It's been my plan for several years to get such a trailer. Planning on a side by side in the near future as well so it needed to be taller for that.

Recently sold my enclosed steel 6' x 12' + 4' V nose and my smaller enclosed aluminum 8' x 12' snowmobile trailer that was way too short to stand up in.

Pics of new trailer once it gets delivered.
Here is an example pic to show the style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-800x533.jpg (103.1 KB, 179 views)
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
2020 Kawasaki KLX110L
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:58 AM   #4735
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Ordered:
2020 Neo brand all aluminum 7.5' x 18' +5' V nose sport trailer. 6.5' tall. Drive/ride in drive/ride out. It's been my plan for several years to get such a trailer. Planning on a side by side in the near future as well so it needed to be taller for that.

Recently sold my enclosed steel 6' x 12' + 4' V nose and my smaller enclosed aluminum 8' x 12' snowmobile trailer that was way too short to stand up in.

Pics of new trailer once it gets delivered.
Here is an example pic to show the style.
The sheet metal aluminum too?

I have a 8x28 steel trailer, would be curious to find out the weight difference.
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:04 AM   #4736
Z Grand
Never Grew Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Ordered:
2020 Neo brand all aluminum 7.5' x 18' +5' V nose sport trailer. 6.5' tall.
Nice. I think I could live in that!
90 Honda Hawk GT
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Z Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #4737
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
The sheet metal aluminum too?

I have a 8x28 steel trailer, would be curious to find out the weight difference.
The sides are .040" aluminum panels and aluminum frame.
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
2020 Kawasaki KLX110L
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #4738
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Thats gorgeous Torch! Congrats. I assume its empty so you can set it up the way you want. Couple drop down bunks, small fridge and maybe a hotplate, cupboards and thats living well anywhere you take the toys.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #4739
KBay84

Todd, if you ever have to upgrade your sound board, take a gander at this l'il baby. touch screen mixer, has a function toping the room and adjust freq's accordingly, plus a feedback killer that automatically kills and adjusts without a stumble. Also, you control your in-ears mix from an app on your own cell phone. Freakin' witchcraft, I tell ya!

[IMG]20190724_203153 by Paul Steinhoff, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]Screenshot_20190728-180547_TouchMix-30 by Paul Steinhoff, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2019, 07:18 AM   #4740
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBay84 View Post
Todd, if you ever have to upgrade your sound board, take a gander at this l'il baby. touch screen mixer, has a function toping the room and adjust freq's accordingly, plus a feedback killer that automatically kills and adjusts without a stumble. Also, you control your in-ears mix from an app on your own cell phone. Freakin' witchcraft, I tell ya!
Is that yours? Very cool! I only have a crappy little Yamaha mixer at my house, and it's mostly to pump stuff (keys/vox) through the PA speakers (Mackie Thumps) if people are at my house to jam, which is rare.

The project with the music I shared yesterday in Off Topic is all digital mixering, but via pro tools. But I'm in a second project that uses a board similar in theory to what you'e posted here—a Midas M32. It has physical sliders, too, but I LOVE the app for creating your own in-ear mix. We all use wireless in-ears; everything is mic'd, and guitars are in soundproof boxes and bass is DI, so it's really clean and easy to keep the volume at tolerable levels, which is nice.

_T

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion