open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear

Old 03-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
bmidd
Throwing $$ at a BMW now.

Quick Cardo review and CS feedback

I've had a Cardo Pack Talk Slim JBL since April 2019 and it has been flawless in regards to ease of use, voice controls and sound quality. I have it paired to my phone as Phone1 and my Garmin as Phone2, works great.
On Sunday 03/08 I unplugged the unit while suiting up to go make a Gap run and the micro USB female piece(in the unit) pulled out with the male end. Slightly distressed, I left and didn't worry about it until I got home that evening. I emailed Cardo through the link in the Cardo Community and received a reply on Monday 03/09 telling me to package the unit and send them the tracking # at my earliest convenience. I did so Tuesday 03/10 and received my replacement unit on Friday 03/13. That's good customer service, especially compared to the black hole that is Sena CS.

On Revzilla, there are numerous other people this has happened to and they have left negative reviews, stating the item was never fixed. I find that hard to believe, especially if you have registered the unit with the Cardo after purchase.

I recommend this product, if you are looking for a better headset than Sena, I've used every Sena through the S20 EVO and gave up when the 30k came out and was very underwhelming.
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
_Will_

I steered away from Sena due to their water resistant claim, reading reviews it seemed you either got one that you could take scuba diving it was so water tight or one that glitched in a heavy fog.

I tried the u-clear amp pro and had mixed results with warranty units.

Been using the Bold for probably close to 2 years and am sold, voice commands are iffy for me but I suspect that's more to do with mic placement and my voice than the unit. Sound quality is good enough that I haven't been tempted by the JBL speakers that came out this year with them. Battery life is great and it can be charged on the go which has helped on extremely long days or when I forget to charge it. I run a cord down my left sleeve and into a charging port on my inner fairing and I'm good to go.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
Harry1976
Old Guy

I switched from Sena to Cardo last year and have been very pleased, they are eaier to use and the sound quality is much louder and clearer.
Harry1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear