click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 07-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #10241
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Rode it for the first time in over a month after I dislocated my wrist and broke my arm coming off my MTB. Broken bone plated in titanium and had surgery less than 8 hours after breaking the bone with zero out of pocket expense thanks to medicare. One night stay in hospital as the surgery was at 7pm in the evening. Great bunch of medical staff at the ED I went to. I was able to get the bandages off and enjoy the snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef 2 weeks after the accident. I have a scan in 2 weeks to check it all before I get the all clear to get back to normal use of the arm.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #10242
RCHER

Put a new set of Metzelers on the bike after wearing out the last set on my trip to Arizona.
RCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #10243
_Will_

Put on some new bar ends and weights. The gold and stainless matches the forks and triple perfectly. They did a good job with the vibrations, not perfect but definite improvement. I took it on a 200 mile shake down run to Blue Ridge and got some great BBQ from Carroll’s Barbecue, turned my top case into a temporary cooler to bring my wife home some banana pudding
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8D20D43A-5C4C-41D6-AF02-A2152DDA7142.jpeg (136.9 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpeg F9A85323-66BD-47AD-AA44-673EE465E655.jpeg (157.6 KB, 194 views)
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #10244
okrider

How many miles are you at Will? I remember my vibrations noticeably increased as I approached the valve adjustment interval
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #10245
_Will_

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
How many miles are you at Will? I remember my vibrations noticeably increased as I approached the valve adjustment interval
I’m about to hit 47k, I went in and did a valve check at 38k and all were in spec. Someone had already done the plugs previously so I wonder if the valves were done early before I bought it with 24600. The previous owner was meticulous from what I could tell so it’s a possibility he wanted to make sure they were in spec.

I know it’s not valves because the vibrations coincided immediately with a gearing change to 16/47 and the engine load that it calls for, previous to that it was extremely smooth but that 16/47 calls for about 5900rpm highway cruising and that particular spot of the range causes the issue. Jake has the exact same issue with his recently stolen Gen 2 as well.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #10246
jointbeaker

Finished a FE swap, and wired in X-Arc signals and a new plate light. I love these things.

jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #10247
Jetmech

Taking my 2007 FZ1 from Greensboro NC to Pittsburgh PA and back 2 days from now. Planning out a good route thru the mountains right now. Can't wait!!! Oh....and I changed my back tire today. The old one never would have made it up and back.
Jetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #10248
jointbeaker

fit some mirror eliminators tonight. I'm not a painter, so black they stay....

jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #10249
Oldirtyrider
I fall alot

Put 75 or so miles on her !!

Oldirtyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #10250
oldjeep

Rode it in to work. Stopped at the gas station by the airport on the way in and left my gloves on the back seat. Get to work and realize - hmm, I was wearing gloves when I left home. 9 hours later on the way home found them laying in the middle of the bridge on Post road, no worse for wear. 1/2 block from gas station. Guess some days you just get lucky.
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #10251
Fitty
Picture added for humor only

Incredible!

Fitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #10252
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

I could use some help finding a Zippo I left on a bumper in '95
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 AM   #10253
Fozzy1

Well, plugs, air filter, adjusted the rear suspension since the previous owner had it all set to the stiffest settings. Kept her more towards the stiff side but it's a much better ride now. Also put in some Seafoam even though it's never done a damn thing for my in the past lol. Been out a couple times today for short rides, one in town to a movie and the second up the hill for some Twisties and to really see how she's feeling. Still gotta do the exup valve which hopefully for one smooths out the power, and two, gets me better than 38 mpg!
Fozzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:06 AM   #10254
isleoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy1 View Post
Well, plugs, air filter, adjusted the rear suspension since the previous owner had it all set to the stiffest settings. Kept her more towards the stiff side but it's a much better ride now. Also put in some Seafoam even though it's never done a damn thing for my in the past lol. Been out a couple times today for short rides, one in town to a movie and the second up the hill for some Twisties and to really see how she's feeling. Still gotta do the exup valve which hopefully for one smooths out the power, and two, gets me better than 38 mpg!
Do you know if your Gen 1 is Ivanized (jet kit)? That could be causing some loss of mpg.
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #10255
Fozzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleoman View Post
Do you know if your Gen 1 is Ivanized (jet kit)? That could be causing some loss of mpg.
Doubtful. Unfortunately I don't think the previous owners cared about the bike enough to do much maintenance, let alone re jet the carbs... But hey, I only paid 2k for it and I've been getting plenty of use out of the old girl. Just got a clutch, fork seals, and exup to deal with soon...
Fozzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #10256
oldjeep

Cleaned about 1/2 the chain and then put a sprocket tooth through my thumbnail.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #10257
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Well, you probably still have one more thumbnail, so you should be able to finish the last 1/2 of the chain! Oh man! Sorry to joke Mr. Jeeper, that musta hurt bad, and it sucks that it happened. Speaking of which, how did you do that? I’m assuming stitches, hopefully nothing broken or surgery required?
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #10258
oldjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
Well, you probably still have one more thumbnail, so you should be able to finish the last 1/2 of the chain! Oh man! Sorry to joke Mr. Jeeper, that musta hurt bad, and it sucks that it happened. Speaking of which, how did you do that? I’m assuming stitches, hopefully nothing broken or surgery required?
Nothing that dramatic just needed a paper towel and some duct tape. Was holding a rag around chain with right hand, thumb on top. Spinning chain slowly towards bottom of sprocket with left. Rag stuck and i punched a sprocket tooth through my thumbnail.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #10259
okrider

I've done that before. Hurts bad. But hopefully you won't do it again
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #10260
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
Nothing that dramatic just needed a paper towel and some duct tape. Was holding a rag around chain with right hand, thumb on top. Spinning chain slowly towards bottom of sprocket with left. Rag stuck and i punched a sprocket tooth through my thumbnail.
Get one of these and stop using rags.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chain-Clean...IAAOSw8DJaKpvr
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion