register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering > Gen 2 Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering

Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #381
fermic37

Mine didn't touch. Does your mid pipe have a welded stop on it for the center stand?
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #382
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
Mine didn't touch. Does your mid pipe have a welded stop on it for the center stand?
Yeah and the rubber stop's fine. This didn't happen before the R1 shock. The stand hits the rubber stop and the dogbone immediately after. Once it hits, it only rests on the rubber stop. But it does make a loud sound when hitting the dogbone.
Other: Corbin seat, custom highway pegs, phone mount and charger, GPS, ZG touring windshield, T-Rex Frame Sliders, Throttlemeister, Speed Screen, Yoshi fender elim w/ S1000RR signals, Oxford heated grips
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
okrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #383
fermic37

I removed mine. But I just threw it back in. No hitting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3492.jpg (84.9 KB, 95 views)
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #384
okrider

Mine has about the same clearance after the bump, I talked to Satan, he is surprised by it. I'm going to check the rubber stop to see if I need a new one. I make a stop out of tape on the dogbone so it stops because it's quite loud
Other: Corbin seat, custom highway pegs, phone mount and charger, GPS, ZG touring windshield, T-Rex Frame Sliders, Throttlemeister, Speed Screen, Yoshi fender elim w/ S1000RR signals, Oxford heated grips
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
Old 09-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #385
fermic37

Just remove the stand. It's annoying doing stoppies, and looks better gone. If I'm going on a long trip and don't have access to a rear stand I put it back on.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #386
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
Just remove the stand. It's annoying doing stoppies, and looks better gone. If I'm going on a long trip and don't have access to a rear stand I put it back on.
Oh that's not an option. I love the center stand, use it very frequently when storing the bike, and just generally working on it. Even if it's just checking tire pressure, super useful in my opinion. Not going anywhere.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #387
DaveAA

where the heck are you finding mint 08 shocks? all I see on fleabay are beaters
DaveAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #388
fermic37

Just Keep an eye on eBay. They pop up in good or rebuilt condition all the time. I bought two off there in the spring.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #389
roundhouse

First off thanks to Satan for all his guidance and assistance. GREAT customer service! I have nothing but good to say about the prince of darkness.

Pretty straight forward with the good instructions, I ran into zero problems. Perfect fitment (almost like someone sold their soul to make this perfect product) and I am not very adept at mechanic stuff.

Got a 06 shock off ebay. Cleaned it up and it looks pretty good. Got it installed and just rode it down a street I ride to work which has a bunch of curves and bumps. I am 165# and on many of the bumps my butt would come off the seat a bit, NOT ANYMORE! I still feel it try to pitch me but it is way better. Did not adjust it as I have no idea what I am doing. I will do some research and work on that. I bet it gets significantly better when it is dialed in.

Satan, thank you.
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:25 AM   #390
kev.fazerboy

I would like a adaptor plate just got a 08 fz1 n love it had front end done with 07 r1 forks but the rear end could be better
kev.fazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering > Gen 2 Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering