make a donation to the fz1oa
fz1oa chat
fz1oa picture uploader
maintain your own photo albums
locate fz1oa members
Members Assistance Guide
search the entire board
click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #81
Gamecock
Retro Goodness!
 
Gamecock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 8,811
My FZ is up for sale or trade BTW.

Like Andy, I'd like a FJR.....that is the other bike I'd consider!
__________________
2012 Yamaha Retro FZ1
1980 Yamaha XS650 Special II


To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:01 AM   #82
XRedJar
Registered User
 
XRedJar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Plus one.............. would be worth the extra money for that suspension.
I put some $$$ into the Ohlins suspension for mine and it makes a world of difference. Opted for the remote preload adjuster also, and that makes changing from single to 2 up riding a breeze.

Having done that, my FZ will be with me a long time. I'll never get the money out of it that I've got in it at this point. Doesn't really bother me though because this motorcycle suite me to a T and does everything I want it to.

Just going to keep up on the general / preventative maint and ride it till it gives up or I do...;-)
__________________
09 FZ1, Ohlins/MRP Motorsports Suspension, Scorpion Slip-On, PCFC, Vortex levers, Corbin seat, StompGrip Tank Pad
XRedJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #83
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....
 
CrazyBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 5,977
S1000R with ride by wire and all electronic goodies. The bike just feels premium luxury. It is so flickable that I was already faster on it on the 1st ride itself dragging pegs in corners on THE LOOP. It is so nimble, that you have to be careful. Power wheelies are effortless that even my grandma can do them. Haven't ridden a more sorted bike stock (just has Akra slip on). FZ-10 needs lots of fixing, ECU flash and potentially suspension. S1000R for the win!
__________________
2007 Raven FZ1-R
Elka Stg4 Shock|R1 Forks,MC|HEL Lines|3-way Levers|Giles Rearsets|Ivan ECU Flash|Micron Full System|Lars|BMC|Roth Stacks,AIE|Flies|PC5|SHv4|CF/CNC bits|T-Rex|Spencer Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|HIDs|Proton LEDs

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 AM   #84
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire
 
WileECoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Rockwood, Tennessee
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
S1000R with ride by wire and all electronic goodies. The bike just feels premium luxury. It is so flickable that I was already faster on it on the 1st ride itself dragging pegs in corners on THE LOOP. It is so nimble, that you have to be careful. Power wheelies are effortless that even my grandma can do them. Haven't ridden a more sorted bike stock (just has Akra slip on). FZ-10 needs lots of fixing, ECU flash and potentially suspension. S1000R for the win!
I'd have to buy a used one. Simply don't have the money. In short, I'd have to sell off all the Yamaha's I have (3) and the Aprilia to buy new. Not willing to get beat up on sales price to do that.
__________________
ACME Race Team (East) TN. ACME Race Team (West) TX
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000, '02 XR650L THE TRACTOR
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:00 AM   #85
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer
 
YamahaMan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
I'd have to buy a used one. Simply don't have the money. In short, I'd have to sell off all the Yamaha's I have (3) and the Aprilia to buy new. Not willing to get beat up on sales price to do that.
Yeah the price is off putting.

Look at my last post http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthr...=144232&page=4

7K all day for new/low mileage 2016 GSX-1000F's and the only complaint on it is twitchy on/off throttle. Brembo brakes,USD forks, traction control. Yoooowza. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on these and hope they continue to sell horribly so I can get one in a few years or if the ole Fizzy ever decides to die (which will never happen)
__________________
.
YamahaMan444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #86
fermic37
Registered User
 
fermic37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,369
throttle twitch can be fixed with a flashtune, add a arrow header and r6 throttle tube and those bikes are nasty little things. They are what the FZ1 used to be, a good deal for the money.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:07 AM   #87
Neanderthal
Jedi Fart Master
 
Neanderthal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
Yeah the price is off putting.

Look at my last post http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthr...=144232&page=4

7K all day for new/low mileage 2016 GSX-1000F's and the only complaint on it is twitchy on/off throttle. Brembo brakes,USD forks, traction control. Yoooowza. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on these and hope they continue to sell horribly so I can get one in a few years or if the ole Fizzy ever decides to die (which will never happen)
I test rode the Zook last summer and came away pretty underwhelmed. The fairing offers less wind protection than the Gen2 FZ1. I rode my Street Triple over to test it, so handling discrepancies between the 2 were fresh in my mind. The Zook looks good on paper, but once actually riding it, I was left wondering what happened to all those good parts it had bolted to it. On paper, I was expecting it to have more get-up-and-go, and it was a disappointment. A well-sorted FZ1 will stomp it everyday and sideways. My 2 cents - if your FZ is in good shape, just sink some money into it where you wish it was better and you'll be ahead of the game.
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:09 AM   #88
Neanderthal
Jedi Fart Master
 
Neanderthal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 286
double-post
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:33 AM   #89
fermic37
Registered User
 
fermic37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,369
Just like the FZ they need to be flashed. I was playing with my buddies flashed 1000f. neither one of us could pull away from each other.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #90
LDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central. Ca
Posts: 118
A friend had a 2015 s1000r, I found the ddc suspension a little disconnected,the brakes grabby and lacking feedback and the engine mechanically noisy. I will admit abs brakes can save your life but I prefer the overall riding experience of my two analog bikes, my 2015 fz1 and a 2005 r1 both fully tuned and modified. Half the fun of motorcycling for me is tuning and personalizing them.
LDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #91
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer
 
YamahaMan444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
I test rode the Zook last summer and came away pretty underwhelmed. The fairing offers less wind protection than the Gen2 FZ1. I rode my Street Triple over to test it, so handling discrepancies between the 2 were fresh in my mind. The Zook looks good on paper, but once actually riding it, I was left wondering what happened to all those good parts it had bolted to it. On paper, I was expecting it to have more get-up-and-go, and it was a disappointment. A well-sorted FZ1 will stomp it everyday and sideways. My 2 cents - if your FZ is in good shape, just sink some money into it where you wish it was better and you'll be ahead of the game.
Stock, with stock can, and you're comparing it to an ivanized/flashed Gen 2?! Come on, be a little objective. Stock it's putting 135HP to the wheel, maybe it's not as "rushy" at the top end as the Yami? Perhaps. But I bet a fully flashed/exhausted GSX rips just as well. Brembo brakes and ABS and TC, def better than stock stuff on the Gen 2

There are many WELL sorted out Gen 2s for less than 5K though, you are right, with tested and proven reliability. Can't knock that.
__________________
.
YamahaMan444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #92
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....
 
CrazyBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 5,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
I'd have to buy a used one. Simply don't have the money. In short, I'd have to sell off all the Yamaha's I have (3) and the Aprilia to buy new. Not willing to get beat up on sales price to do that.
Just like the FZ1s not many buy them so they can be had for cheap if you are patient. I paid $7500 for mine and it came with almost $4000 in mods (new value).
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
Yeah the price is off putting.

Look at my last post http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthr...=144232&page=4

7K all day for new/low mileage 2016 GSX-1000F's and the only complaint on it is twitchy on/off throttle. Brembo brakes,USD forks, traction control. Yoooowza. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on these and hope they continue to sell horribly so I can get one in a few years or if the ole Fizzy ever decides to die (which will never happen)
Yup, those are a great deal new at that price. Keep checking cycletrader.
__________________
2007 Raven FZ1-R
Elka Stg4 Shock|R1 Forks,MC|HEL Lines|3-way Levers|Giles Rearsets|Ivan ECU Flash|Micron Full System|Lars|BMC|Roth Stacks,AIE|Flies|PC5|SHv4|CF/CNC bits|T-Rex|Spencer Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|HIDs|Proton LEDs

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Questions? Comments?
Click on name below to contact via PM
Rabeet (Admin) Desmo (Admin)

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website and Message Board Contents Copyright 2001-2007 FZ1OA
The marks YAMAHA® and FZ1® are used under license from Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
The information on this web site is NOT approved or endorsed by Yamaha Motor Corporation in any way.
Page generated in 0.08383 seconds with 10 queries