register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #41
okaugust
Tis the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaotik View Post
Serial seat-tester here too...

I've found that my butt does not like the Sargent and Corbin as they are too 'flat'. Now normally flat would mean the pressure is spread over a larger surface area and should be more comfortable so I'm thinking the problem is less to do with the seat and more to do with my butt. On these seats I also find the family jewels get crushed against the back of the tank

In the end I settled for a stock seat with some gel inserts
I have this issue too, so I'm interested in hearing more about this Top Sellerie thing. It looks cushy. Wondering if they make one for the Gen I and how much it costs, and why your smaller friend (another issue for me) liked it so well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gone View Post
Who is the manufacturer for the one with red piping
Top Sellerie

$307 converted to Euro for a Gen I lowered, short, with gel in the padding.

http://www.topsellerie.com/en-us/YAM...ike_8_500.html
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #42
faser41

holy smokes justice you're a regular factory! I might go with a corbin and a smuggler, had that on my '06, the smuggler that is, so if it's still available i might go that route again.

that top sellerie looks outstanding!
faser41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #43
rayban776

I know this was a couple of years ago, but what happened to the review that was going to get done. I'd love to see that. I am thinking of getting the Yamaha comfort seat. I need some padding to help soak up some bumps and vibration. thanks
rayban776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #44
dave1100xx

Greeting, This is always an interesting topic. I've tried Corbin (way too hard for me), Sargent (pretty firm but "saddle" shaped like a Corbin and cuts me under my legs a bit), stock (not too bad but crushes thru the foam on long hot days) and a seat foam kit from seatconcepts.com which is slightly taller, pretty soft and my choice (6'1", 200 lbs, with skinny bony butt). The Seat Concepts kit absorbs some of the road shock and doesn't tip forward like the stock saddle. I've also had this on some other bikes and worked great. Padded shorts help them all on long days.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #45
magpiemale
A Geordie

I'm 90 kg and love the gel yamaha seat esp on long journeys and the seat allows for move body posture while cornering.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #46
gikstar

Anyone tried the AirHawk?

I was looking at doing a loooong ride and found the Airhawk R for my FZ6, bought the small version which didn't work out for me and then bought the large version. Works really well.
I recently purchased a 2006 FZ1 with about 24k on it and haven't bothered with putting the Airhawk on it as the stock seat appears comfortable enough but I haven't been on it for more than 2 hrs at one time.
I like the look and advantages of having a Top Sellerie. Haven't ridden double much but I like the idea of the passenger not slamming up against me when I come to a stop, has me considering one.... (damn, one of twelve choices?) They're not cheap though so one doesn't want to choose incorrectly.

Sure wish I could see the pictures. I would be nice if those who post pictures on this site would keep them is a place where they wouldn't disappear
gikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #47
dan13

Photo bucket started charging for pic linking so that's why most of the pictures have disappeared.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion