click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 07-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #10221
WileECoyote
ACME Test Subject

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
Ah, well still angry someone took it. Sorry man.

My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:45 AM   #10222
firefly
2004 FZ1

That's terrible, I had my mirrors stolen off the bike and the licence plate with a back up camera ($12,00 chines one) stupid thief!
I try to always put the disk brake lock, lock the steering & will install a tracker that I bought a few months back. I think these things make it harder for the average thief not the determined ones that come with a body & a pickup truck.

My car was stolen once, the funny thing I was on the bike and saw it & wondered that car looks like mine but didn't think much about it only to find my car was not there when I went home it was recovered 3 days later without the $60.00 stereo.
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #10223
didier9

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
without the $60.00 stereo.
That part must have been really heart wrenching

Amazing that someone would steal a car for something they may be able to get $10 for in a flea market...
Old 07-08-2019, 05:34 AM   #10224
OldBiker

So last week I was caught in a heavy rain and got soaked before getting the raingear out. Since the pants were wet putting on the raingear didn't make sense.

I noticed that after the ride my tank was stained by the dye in the pants (Bilt cargo pants). My bike is a 2012 in Pearl White. Does anyone know how to get a stained clear coat clean?
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #10225
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
So last week I was caught in a heavy rain and got soaked before getting the raingear out. Since the pants were wet putting on the raingear didn't make sense.

I noticed that after the ride my tank was stained by the dye in the pants (Bilt cargo pants). My bike is a 2012 in Pearl White. Does anyone know how to get a stained clear coat clean?
I'd try rubbing compound.
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:35 AM   #10226
OldBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
I'd try rubbing compound.
I found Meguiar's clear coat safe rubbing compound and with a sponge wheel on a cordless drill removed 97% of the stain. The wheel is too large to finish the last 3%. It took a couple hours but looks good now.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #10227
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
I found Meguiar's clear coat safe rubbing compound and with a sponge wheel on a cordless drill removed 97% of the stain. The wheel is too large to finish the last 3%. It took a couple hours but looks good now.

Interesting that it stuck to the paint to begin with. How many days until your legs were their natural color?
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Old 07-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #10228
OldBiker

Quote:
Interesting that it stuck to the paint to begin with. How many days until your legs were their natural color?
The legs were fine I think. The dye was kind of flesh color orange but not as orange as Trump. I was cold and wet so the first thing I did was soak in a warm bath so I guess the dye came off then.

I had the bike out in the sun yesterday and if you didn't know the clear coat was stained you wouldn't notice it.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #10229
_Will_

Replaced my slightly tweaked bars with some conical Rizoma from PJ, switched over to the 42mm risers and sport bar. That combo brought and down and forward some but is still close enough for me to hold the throttle with my fingers on the interstate while sitting upright. Initial impression is body position is good for sport riding, it is less swept back than stock so turn in seems a little slower but smoother even when you shove it in, taking it to the mountains tomorrow for runs in anger. Threw some Brembo pads out back too after being impress with them up front.

Before and after for reference
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 17A46B3C-CC84-4FAE-9E79-4811756473BA.jpeg (138.8 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpeg AFDAF8D3-5A6F-4220-BA9B-F3304C9290E5.jpeg (142.3 KB, 161 views)
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #10230
bmidd
Yet Another Gen1

Put the stock 16T on the front, the Multigauge didn't play well with the Speedo Healer and that was the easiest way to correct the speed and the errors from the MG.
PJ shipped my MIVV GP carbon slip-on and I committed to buying my 3rd rack system for a bike that I just installed the silver grab handles(I just purchased) back on it. I must stop soon.
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM   #10231
_Will_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmidd View Post
Put the stock 16T on the front, the Multigauge didn't play well with the Speedo Healer and that was the easiest way to correct the speed and the errors from the MG.
PJ shipped my MIVV GP carbon slip-on and I committed to buying my 3rd rack system for a bike that I just installed the silver grab handles(I just purchased) back on it. I must stop soon.
Look at it this way, we’re helping to feed a herd of Great Danes.

Last edited by _Will_; 07-12-2019 at 03:54 AM.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #10232
bradd
Working away

Rode the FZ1 to work today, I hadn't ridden it at all in a month because I'd been touring on the FJR. Took it to redline getting on the interstate, that sounded wonderful.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #10233
okrider

Rode the FZ1 to work today, I hadn't ridden it at all in a month because I'd been touring on the Concours, and commuting on the FZ6. I'd been thinking about selling it but kinda changed my mind this morning
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #10234
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
Rode the FZ1 to work today, I hadn't ridden it at all in a month because I'd been touring on the Concours, and commuting on the FZ6. I'd been thinking about selling it but kinda changed my mind this morning
I've never ridden a FZ6, so I'm curious, what's the appeal of the FZ6 over your FZ1?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #10235
okrider

Quote:
I've never ridden a FZ6, so I'm curious, what's the appeal of the FZ6 over your FZ1?
my wife doesn't want to ride the FZ1 because she knows how much I like it and is afraid of damaging it, so we got her an FZ6.

My commute is 5 miles on the interstate, not very long. FZ6 is easiest to get out of the garage. So the appeal is convenience and nothing else.
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #10236
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
my wife doesn't want to ride the FZ1 because she knows how much I like it and is afraid of damaging it, so we got her an FZ6.

My commute is 5 miles on the interstate, not very long. FZ6 is easiest to get out of the garage. So the appeal is convenience and nothing else.

That makes sense. When I read about the FZ6 many moons ago it didn't sound like it checked any boxes that the FZ1 didn't already cover. I got lucky, when the missus wanted to go from cruiser to sport bike she followed my interest in a SV650. By gaw it's fun in the twisties but not nearly as comfortable in the straights, I like swapping and then giving it back.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #10237
Cruzman
ATGATT It's the only way 2 fly

Took Stella to the Dr's office which is about 10 miles away. I forgotten how smooth the FZ1 is compared to the BMW. The throttle is a bit more stiff as it is cable driven. The blinkers failed to self cancel. And the front brakes seem a bit squishy. The rear grabs like a MO FO. Time for new fluid I guess. Some how a 20 mile round trip took me 35 miles? I'm planning to have her out in the twisties this weekend for some reminiscing. Hopefully I've not forgotten how to ride her too much.

2001 FZ1000 "Stella" Re-jeted, AIS eliminated, 07 R1 Fork Swap with BrianG stem and AK20s, mini led turn signals, K&N filter, R6 rear shock conversion,Gauge of Eternal Coolness, 4 degree advancer mod, SS Brake-Lines
DanMoto Rearsets, Akrapovic slip-on [/color]
2014 BMW S1000R "Trixie"
Cruzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #10238
Cruzman
ATGATT It's the only way 2 fly

This Saturday Stella went on a little ride to N. Ga mountains. I had a bit of rain my my way up but had dry roads the rest of the day. I never did get back to any kind of smoothness on the throttle, noticing little lurches when I cracked open the throttle after having closed it. But I did get better. By late afternoon I found myself envious of the suspension on this bike. (R1 front forks with AK20s and the R6 shock.) The BMW has very firm suspension even is soft mode but the FZ1 just felt so much more calm and I think it has to do with the suspension. And calm translated into smooth and smooth is fast. (not PJ fast but for me fast.)

2001 FZ1000 "Stella" Re-jeted, AIS eliminated, 07 R1 Fork Swap with BrianG stem and AK20s, mini led turn signals, K&N filter, R6 rear shock conversion,Gauge of Eternal Coolness, 4 degree advancer mod, SS Brake-Lines
DanMoto Rearsets, Akrapovic slip-on [/color]
2014 BMW S1000R "Trixie"
Cruzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:10 AM   #10239
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Flush and bleed those fronts then lubricate the throttle cables (Dri Slide). Install a Penske rear (made mine feel like a totally new bike). There's a good chance you will not miss "the other bike".
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LEDs -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #10240
Fitty
Picture added for humor only

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
Comp. no collision. So I am covered. Yes.
Just saw this. Glad you had comp. So many don't get it, not realizing how affordable it is. At least you get to go shopping.

Fitty is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion