register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #241
grommet
kinetic mentality

Regular Q3. I got them for free from my friend Don, with a couple of trackdays on them already. They probably have a couple more in them. They are a little shredded looking right now but a lot of the boogers will fall right off next time I use them.

No slips, no TC, no ABS all day. Loads of power wheelies

Yes, I'll take them off and save for next time. Will run whatever I have in the garage for commuting, then back to the set of T30s I have around 3000 miles on for my next long trip.

Will bring new midrange tires (S21, probably) to Arkansas.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:38 AM   #242
YamahaMan444
I Also Take Sh*t from Nobody

Very nice, I knew you had a tire changer so you can do all the swaps ya want

I have S21's on the SV650. 5 track days, 1200 miles (500-650 on the track) edge to edge at 29/28 cold psi, and never one slip, and maybe 10-15% wear on the outer sipes, none in the middle.

Fermic has praise for the S21's as well on the street. I'm sure you COULD light them up, but you have a better right hand than that so I would recommend them. The front is VERY communicative in a turn and provides a lot of confidence under braking, and I have gotten on the brakes very hard the last 2 trackdays. Both my mechanic who is CMRA bike builder/mechanic and trackside vendors classify the S21 at the same level as the Q3.
I think you will like them and find they will last you possibly 4K miles even with all that torque.

I'm about to switch to some SuperCorsa SC2 takeoff's from a local racer and try them out. They are the TIP TOP of the DOT tire line. 100$ for two sets with 3 trackdays left in each, minimum. After that, I will decide if I really wanna drop $390 on a new set of SC2 tires for the play toy. Yikes! But I want more than Q3 performance and they isn't much else in a 160 rear between Q3 and slicks. Ha. Possibly try the Rosso Corsa's after but they are still like a street orientation tire although the side compounds are similar to the SC2. Tire decisions have been on my mind for weeks now. Plus after feeling the glue-like grip that people say the SC2 offers, will I want to go back to a semi street oriented tire? Probably not! Ha!

My S21s after the 4th trackday (so I stay on topic with the thread) Kinda cool you can see the different compounds on the rear tire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_848.jpg (146.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_845.jpg (109.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_847.jpg (113.5 KB, 16 views)

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum