register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 10-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #341
WDD

Going to add my contribution to this thread.

My weight was 212 - 216. That, and stress from last job was putting my BP in bad shape.

So.. nothing radical, no secret diets. I just started in middle of June doing 30 min of elliptical 5 days a week. When I started I couldn't keep the pace up for all 30 min concurrently - had to take a few rests. But it got better. Then I switched to treadmill, which almost killed me. Had to rest 2 or 3 times, but it got better to where I could gut it out to go 30 min without stopping. Sore for the rest of the day - but it got better after a while.

So now I can do 30 min without all the pain and utter exhaustion. And I've stopped the stupid eating - like 1/2 gallon of ice cream at one sitting, or a pizza - I do mean the entire pizza.

I'm down to 193 now, nice a slow 1 1/2 pounds or so a week. I figure if I build habits over a long period it will have a better chance of sticking. I also figure that a slow and steady drop will stay off.

Oh, and eating breakfast now - never really did that. Odd as it may seem, it seems to help.

My goal is that by Christmas I'll be down to 180 or so. Big goal is to get down another sizing in pants. My pants from early June no longer fit - had to get some new ones the other week.

Weird - I can walk up stairs now without getting winded, not as tired in general, and I can even concentrate more at work. Heck, I can even ride longer on the motorcycle without getting as tired. Who knew?
Old 10-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #342
okaugust
Can I get away with this mouth

The idea of losing only a pound or two a week seems like it doesn't even move the needle, but that was huge for me (pun intended) because while it doesn't seem like much, if you think...well, if I can lose even half a pound a week that's 2 pounds a month...24 pounds in a year. That's good at this age.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:29 AM   #343
WDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
The idea of losing only a pound or two a week seems like it doesn't even move the needle, but that was huge for me (pun intended) because while it doesn't seem like much, if you think...well, if I can lose even half a pound a week that's 2 pounds a month...24 pounds in a year. That's good at this age.

Spot on. Yep, I'm not that young any more! My gut feel (no pun intended) is that it's probably healthier - at least for me - to loose at a slow and steady rate with a lifestyle I can sustain.

BTW - Dropping 24 pounds a year is great. Even half of that will have an improvement on your health.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #344
jointbeaker

Back at it myself. My current motivation is to not appear uncomfortable in my own skin for wedding photos, quickly approaching in June of next year.

Here's to week two, already down 5lbs....and yes, I know 95% of that is water weight.

Cheers fellas. Some great recent posts above me.
jointbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion