register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old Today, 05:42 AM   #21
Wonger

The one FJ09 I rode had the MRA vario screen and it felt pretty good. I don't recall the noise though.

I just added the same screen to my S1000XR, so I'm anxious to give it a try out this weekend on a trip to Barber to route on Herrin.

AND CONGRATS!!!! New bikes are the goddamn best!!!!
Old Today, 06:46 AM   #22
organ donor

Yeah, I think I have an addiction to that new bike feel. I basically keep two street bikes and swap them out every two years, on alternating years, so I basically get a new bike every year. Although, I hope the tracer GT and FZ07 combo proves to be the magic that allows me to go a few years without doing it. It's kind of hard on the pocket book.
organ donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #23
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

If you haven't still pulled the trigger. I would give a real hard look at the R or XR ... XR is comfy as well as knee dragging capable but I find the lighter weight of my R much better and maybe the looks as well.

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors|Blue SS Lines|Motodynamics signals

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Hepco Becker Luggage System for both

CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #24
organ donor

The price of entry for the BMW's has pretty much put me off for now. The Tracer is $10K cheaper OTD than the BMW, which means I could get two bikes for that kind of money. I'm sure they're a superb bike, but $10K better?
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #25
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

Get a used one...

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors|Blue SS Lines|Motodynamics signals

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Hepco Becker Luggage System for both

CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #26
organ donor

Too late I just rode back to the office on my new goo gt.
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #27
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Goo gt? I’ve been jonesing for one of them.
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #28
ballmead
I like em Naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
Too late I just rode back to the office on my new goo gt.
Great choice! Enjoy your new ride and please post up some pics when you can.
2010 FZ1N - Mivv Speed Edge with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV - Modded Airbox with DNA air filter - 49T rear sprocket - 2008 R1 Forks and brakes - Penske 8983 rear shock - LighTech rear sets
ballmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #29
organ donor

It was the local Yamaha reps personal "demo" bike with 63 miles on the clock, with the top rack and touring screen ($400) OTD tax, title, and license for $12,200. I thought that was pretty darn good so I now have a new bike.

I've already put half that many miles on it in 2 hours.

Love the quick shifter, power delivery, comfort and handling. I think the suspension is going to be pretty darn good as is, I'll fiddle with it later to dial it in, but as it sits, it soaks up the bumps well and doesn't pitch and wallow through the corners. I'll have to ride more obviously to know for sure. Looks are subjective, but I think it's a really pretty bike. The saddle bags are a little on the small size for a true touring bike, and they won't hold my helmet, but the trade off is a sleeker look and quite frankly will be perfectly fine for my daily use. I've heard the FJR bags are a direct fit so I might start looking for a pair of black bags on the used market that I can use on longer trips. I've already ordered the 50L top case as well. The stock shield creates a lot of noise and unfortunately so does the touring screen. I usually ride with ear plugs and I'm going to look for one of those defuser doohickeys to attach at the lip of the screen and see if that helps. The seat has a forward slant that is pretty noticeable if you move all the way to the back, but luckily my short arms have me far enough forward that I don't really notice. I'll still probably look at the aftermarket places for a replacement. The other main gripe is the passenger pegs are too low and too far forward so that they are even in the way of my size 9 boots. I noticed this before purchase, but I just plan on removing them as I never ride two up. I could see this being a major complaint though. It's only a factor when you move onto the balls of your feet and lean forward in an aggressive riding stance. It causes you to rotate your heels out like you're holding onto a horse.

The complaints I have are easily remedied and are greatly outweighed by the solid foundation I have to work with.
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #30
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Goo gt?
Old Today, 03:26 PM   #31
bmidd
StatorMan

Congrats! I also sent my seat to Seat Concepts to get rid of that forward slope, it was well worth the $150.
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #32
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Ok I just fingered it out. 900 gt.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion