register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 08-28-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
okrider

G2 Ergo Throttle Tamer

I heard about this throttle tube from a guy with an FZ6 tonight. Supposedly helps out a lot with snatchy throttle. Does anyone use it? I wonder if it can further improve the throttle feel of post ECU flash?

Going to be buying one for girlfriend's stock FZ6 so I can enjoy it more in the twisties but figured I'd get your opinion as well.

Here's some info about it: https://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-stre...throttle-tube/
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
Tigerman
Intelligence Is Optional

I have one with several cams. Started riding with this and then graduated up on cams over time until I finally switched to R6 tube. PM me if you are interested in seeing pictures. I’ll make you a deal on it.
2009 Black/Granite with Healtech Quickshifter Easy, Traxxion AK-20 Cartridges and .95 springs, Nitron R3 Shock, Convertibars, RSC Adjustable Clutch Lever, MotionPro +2.5" clutch & throttle cables, Vortex Rearsets with Vortex brake light switch, Venhill brake lines, Mivv GP Carbon Slip On, Ivan's ECU Flash, PC V, Air Box Mod, Gutted Cat, 12-O'clock Labs Speedo DRD and EXUP Simulator, Datatool gear Indicator, Motech Mirror Extenders, California Scientific windscreen when cruising.
Tigerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
fermic37

All it does is add a different cam to the throttle tube. Making it less responsive and making you move the throttle more to get the same amount of input.

Complete opposite of doing the r6 tube.

Why not get her ecu flashed to remove the snatch?

I mean it’s only $120 more lol
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
fermic37

Also adding thick grips like the oxfords will net a similar result.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 AM   #5
okrider

Purchased the thing for girlfriend's FZ6. It already has the Oxfords I bought from you back in the day. I don't think I'll try putting one on my fz as it already has the ECU flash. I am curious to see how different it'll be.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #6
fermic37

r6 tube on the fz1 with the flash is most excellent. but it does make it slightly more twitchy
Old 08-30-2018, 06:12 AM   #7
okrider

I have one of those laying around. Might try swapping it and see if I like it.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 AM   #8
Wonger

I use these on both my WR250R which has a scary 28 hp as well as my new Husky FE350 which has around 50hp and is WAY too much bike for me on single-track. Starting to get used to it now, and the dirt tamer throttle helps remove some of the snatchy feel from 1st and 2nd gear, which lets me keep the speeds down to where my brain can still process what the hell is going on. I just started riding dirt this year, so things happen quickly.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #9
roundhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
All it does is add a different cam to the throttle tube. Making it less responsive and making you move the throttle more to get the same amount of input.

Complete opposite of doing the r6 tube.

Why not get her ecu flashed to remove the snatch?

I mean it’s only $120 more lol
I got mine flashed and asked specifically about throttle snatch. Mine did not get noticeably better. It was done by a well respected tuner I found on here.
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #10
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
I got mine flashed and asked specifically about throttle snatch. Mine did not get noticeably better. It was done by a well respected tuner I found on here.
I was having throttle snatch issues post ECU flash as well. Increasing the idle to 1300 made big improvements in case your idle is low.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 AM   #11
fermic37

Quote:
You can just say who did it.

But agreed with above, your idle speed has a lot to do with it, as well as your TPS adjustment.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #12
AFM674
Getting into turn 4 at Sonoma

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca-New Gen3 17' FZ10-trick already, but big mods are coming. My FZ1 smokes it right now.
Quote:
Ride a stock FZ10 for a week...you'll love your throttle after. My FZ1 feels awesome...I have the R6 tube. My idle is at 1050-1100...nice v8 cam lope sound. I thought about having a custom tune done instead of just the Ivan's plug N Go (which is really good), but it runs so good...just a little rich smell and poor gas mileage.

09' FZ1
Mods:CRG Levers - Sargent Seats - SS Lines F&R - EBC R Rotor - Vesrah XX Pads - Braking SK2 Frt Rotors - Ohlins Shock - 08 R1 forks - K-Tech 24SSRK C & R Valves - Vortex R/Sets, Apex clipons - Superlite 44t Rear & 15t C/S - 520 ERV3 Gold Chain - Gear Indicator - Graves Full Exh - Ivanized ECU - Hyper Pro Damper - Annitori QS - Graves Stacks - BMC Filter/Airbox Mod - Brembo RCS19 - 1/6 R6 throttle - ZG DB Screen.

Last edited by AFM674; 09-04-2018 at 08:59 AM.
AFM674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:44 AM   #13
okrider

The throttle wasn't as effective as I expected but it still made some difference on my girlfriend's stock FZ6. I don't think I'll be putting it on my bike though.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion