register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq

Old 02-15-2006, 06:32 AM   #41
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Last edited by shoffmann; 02-15-2006 at 12:59 PM.
shoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #42
Desmo
Mein Führer!

As a reminder to ANYONE who wants to post here. I suggest you read the forum rules posted by WarDog about who this forum is for.

As a small token of appreciation and support for our troops we
decided to create this forum as a place for our members serving in
Iraq to post their experiences there and discuss them with other
members. It is not a place to discuss the politics associated with the
war in Iraq or your opinions on whether or not we should be there.
Mutual respect is not only expected it is required. This is not a war
room forum so please keep this in mind when you post.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #43
DTfz
Super Duty

Dangit! Missed ANOTHER one.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #44
XRacer
Thread Killer

You didn't miss anything, just another idiot spouting off about something he knows little about.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #45
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

2 years and 2 months later...

Finally I have gotten a school date for WOC/Flight school!!! I found hte reason I was not given one sooner was that I lived to far away from a reserve aviation unit. Long story short I leave for a year in ft. Rucker Alabama late August. After that I am moving from St.Louis to Colorado Springs area to fly Chinooks out of Ft Carson.

Long time coming but it is finally gonna happen!
~Sean

http://245th.us/mine/Vertical.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vertical.jpg (24.4 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by shoffmann; 05-09-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #46
NHFZ1Rider
Live Free or Die

I sure am glad you are going to flight school - you've got a lot to learn - you're supposed to fly those horizontally, not vertically !!!
NHFZ1Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #47
Desmo
Mein Führer!

I am very happy that I am not on that helicopter!!! I would be and shortly following that I'd be

Congrats on the school dude!
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #48
DTfz
Super Duty

I didn't even think those things could pull that manuver. Are you sure he's not crashing?

Either way, I hope everybody was strapped in.

Congrats and good luck with the training.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #49
jdfzb

My son is leaving for Texas Augaust 15th. I'll miss him for a while! But I'm very proud he wanted in the Air Force !!!! He want's to fly!!! Kid's now a day's!! Even the smart one's! High honors ??? It's amazing how many of his friend's are enlisting in one branch or another! Good luck and i hope you make it!
John,
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #50
Armyfazer
Geauxin' back to N'awlins

I am putting in my Warrant packet this month. Look out Rucker here I come.
Armyfazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:38 AM   #51
wArDoG
FYYFFYB

Congrats Sean!!! Great news!
wArDoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #52
mavsman

Way to go sean! Thank you for your service to our great country.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #53
jdfzb

Let's not forget what this is all about! Good luck Sean!

Dear Friends, and Family 20Nov2003

The time has come for me to live up to a promise and serve our country. I recently received my orders for mobilization in support of Mission Iraqi Freedom. Please do not cry for me for I am proud to serve our great country. I have lived in its bosom of freedom for over twenty-six years now and am more than willing to give a couple in support of her. One of the reasons I joined the Army was because I could not sit by idly while others sacrificed and paid the price of my freedom. The freedoms we enjoy are not free, please remember this. Do not feel sorry for me for. I realize that not all of you can understand or even agree, but I am a soldier ready and willing to respond to the call of duty. I do not travel thousands of miles just for the people of that region. I go to war because the freedom we enjoy here depends on the stability of places far away. I go so that the people I love and care for may enjoy our freedom. I go so that I may myself enjoy this freedom.

So please relinquish any of these negative feelings and replace them with pride and gratitude. Do not take the freedoms we enjoy for granite, instead thank a one of our veterans for helping ensure our freedom's existence. Keep me (and all of the women and men serving our great country) in your thoughts as I will you and write when you can (sean.hoffmann@us.army.mil). I will respond whenever possible. I am sorry if I do not get to talk you before I go, but I will see you when I return.

With Love and Honor,

~Sean

SPC Sean R Hoffmann
245th Combat Support Company
St. Louis, Missouri
Old 05-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #54
NHFZ1Rider
Live Free or Die

Sean -

Good luck, keep your head down, and thank you for your service. And keep updating us on how you're doing over there !! (I am pretty sure you will have internet connections, yes?)

No feelings of pity here - it will be an incredible experience for you - just live through it, OK ???

Take care,

NHFZ1rider
NHFZ1Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #55
wArDoG
FYYFFYB

He lived through it just fine
wArDoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #56
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Wink

Thank you NHFZ1 ;) and as Wardog was being subltle about I have already had one vacation outside beautifuk dowtown Baghdad. This Thread started back sometime in 2004. Of course depending who is president after I graduate from flight school in 2008 I may be headed back over for a second tour.

Rereading that letter I wrote before going over made me think... damn I made a lot of typos back then too!

Thank you all once again for you support! Army Fazer, I Will be down there for some time so let me know when you will be in town. My fizzy will be in tow when I move down.

~Sean

--Haaa, I reopened this post to correct the typo of the adjetive used for Baghdad, but more out of humor than sincerity I will leave it be. That may be a new sarcastic way to describe something...

Old 05-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #57
Paulbiz
Backin' it in

Sean you are da man! Thanks for all you do! :
Old 05-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #58
Armyfazer
Geauxin' back to N'awlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoffmann
Thank you NHFZ1 ;) and as Wardog was being subltle about I have already had one vacation outside beautifuk dowtown Baghdad. This Thread started back sometime in 2004. Of course depending who is president after I graduate from flight school in 2008 I may be headed back over for a second tour.

Rereading that letter I wrote before going over made me think... damn I made a lot of typos back then too!

Thank you all once again for you support! Army Fazer, I Will be down there for some time so let me know when you will be in town. My fizzy will be in tow when I move down.

~Sean

--Haaa, I reopened this post to correct the typo of the adjetive used for Baghdad, but more out of humor than sincerity I will leave it be. That may be a new sarcastic way to describe something...
I am putting in a packet for the Watercraft Warrant. The board is in August. I leave in two weeks for a a little fun at Camp Blanding, FL. Have to get my Infantry Qual's for my new unit here in Pensacola.

In a previous life, I was a QM (quartermaster - i.e. navigator) in the Navy Reserve and my civilian job has been in the Merchant Marine since 1998. Hence the watercraft application.

One interesting tidbit is that we qualify for the Merchant Marine Expeditionary Medal for our trips to the Sand Box. In our Class A's, I get a lot of WTF is that? And for doing drug busts with the USCG near Ecuador, we got the USCG Special Ops. Another WTF? Not too many Infantrymen have those. But alot of them do have the CIB! That is way above my little gedunk ribbons.
Armyfazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #59
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Angry man-o-man

Long story as short as possible.

the reason I could not get a date for sooooo long was because it was the policy of the MAJ who slots Reserve WOC for avialtion school not to slot a WOC unless they lived with 2 hours of the unit they would be flying for. There are no units < 2 hours of St. Louis. I really wanted to stay in STL, but wanted to fly even more so argreed to move to Colorado Springs are in order to fly out of Ft.Carson (I figured if I was going to move I might as well go somewher I really wanted to be!) So that is when I got my late Aug school date.

During my flight physical I told the fligth doc that I want to stay in STL but this MAJ would not let me and he said he has heard of this guy before and if I wanted to stay in STL talk to a National Guard (NG) aviator. The NG said they do not have any reason for me to leave STL so I began the process of swithching over to the NG

Sooo... I am still going to flight school
I am staying in STL
The price I had to pay to stay in STL is to give up my Reserve school date of late Aug
I will learn in the next month or two after jumping through this new set of hoops when I will be leaving (sometime next year).

You are now up to date. So any one headed to Mother Rucker next year, look for a blue fizzie

~Sean

Old 07-21-2006, 06:15 AM   #60
jbright44
The torch was passed...back!!

Keep pushing man. I'm trying to get to flight OCS/Flight School now myself. Good luck man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzwhat
I don't respond to Pat (although I often disagree). He is not at all offensive, but (like Bub) has a well demonstrated immunity to any fact. What would be the point?
jbright44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq