register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 10-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #561
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

On-site Pirelli dealer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. Pirelli Supercorsa SC2 rear ($200) and a free plenty of life race take off front (new is 150-160$). Replacing S21s that performed admirably but I want more grip and feedback. Post trackday pics will follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_987.jpg (114.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_986.jpg (87.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 10-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #562
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire

Took the Tuono to work today. Had a slight learning curve to overcome as I had forgot about the v twin torque. I amembered and all was good. Found myself wheelying out of corners where I didnt on the FZ. Thats okay, didnt make me quicker, just possibly cooler. No slight on the FZ at all. I wasnt as deep into the corners either. Interesting to compare the two.
After I got home, washed all four running bikes. Kinda cool to wave my hand over each one, caressing and remembering all those curves. The one ugly girl was the XR650L which, doesnt have nice curves but, feels more like a tractor in comparison. So, what did I do? Took her for a spin and remembered what it was all about.

Good day all around, 14 hours at work, 6 hours on bikes. Makes for a tired coyote.
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000, '02 XR650L THE TRACTOR
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #563
theunderfighter

Not my bike, but at a school day today, we'll be on TTR125's. I'm sure some of your remember the Bostrom brothers in racing, well I'm doing a school with Eric Bostrom. A bit of info here: https://fastrackriders.info/trackday...der-education/
It's a flattrack dirt camp, centered around improving road-racing skills. Heard about it, and found out it's just up in the hills in my town that he does it. So, I'm about to head on over there and get my butt kicked!
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion