register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 07-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #41
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
I found it took 1400-1500 rams and the tps set to 20 to smooth out my vc flash.
I'm at 1200-1300 with tps set to 18. I might try 20 to see if it's even better. Wish I knew this 2 months ago, I've been trying to fix it since.
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #42
ballmead
I like em Naked

You blokes are doing things that shouldn't be necessary if the fuel cut was taken care of correctly in the flash.

I used to run my GSX-R750 trackbike at 2000 rpm on idle to assist with a snatchy throttle and it's was a half measure at best, as ECU flashing was unheard of back then.

I'd be taking my ECU back to Vcycle if I were you because it sounds like the fuel cut is still there.
2010 FZ1N - Mivv Speed Edge with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV - Modded Airbox with DNA air filter - 49T rear sprocket - 2008 R1 Forks and brakes - Penske 8983 rear shock - LighTech rear sets

Last edited by ballmead; 07-17-2017 at 02:58 PM.
ballmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #43
fermic37

Is this your first fuel injected bike? Or first bike?

I noticed even after the flash it still took a bit of getting used to with the throttle over my carbed bike, I had never ridden a bike with a throttle as smooth as it was.

But with some miles on the new one it's perfectly fine. Just keep the rpms up and you're good.
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #44
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
Is this your first fuel injected bike? Or first bike?

I noticed even after the flash it still took a bit of getting used to with the throttle over my carbed bike, I had never ridden a bike with a throttle as smooth as it was.

But with some miles on the new one it's perfectly fine. Just keep the rpms up and you're good.
No but it's my first bike I actually care about and want to be perfect, and the first bike I'm trying to lean in corners. It was boring commuting before that.

Before I upped the rpm, throttle was unpredictable, even more so with the R6 tube. Now everything seems to be right.
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance