register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #9481
fermic37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-Dominance View Post
Shorty brake, Long clutch, or GTFO : )
I can’t do it. My Clutch lever is 1 finger just like my brake.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 AM   #9482
theunderfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-Dominance View Post
Shorty brake, Long clutch, or GTFO : )
That's how I was on my last FZ... Then on this one I thought maybe I'd like both shorty, but was hesitant. I got the "extenda-levers", and have never felt the need to extend. Shorty on both has been all good for me!
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #9483
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

ASV shorties on mine too!
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #9484
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

Ordered a custom rear brake line set up to finally finish up my rear wheel swap. Got it from these guys:

http://www.venhillusa.com/products/c...e-builder.html

Pics when it comes in.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #9485
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Venhill are a quality brand. Had them make lines for a GSXR a long time ago. I need them to make an extended line for the '09 as I'm running a Brembo rear brake that mounts differently.
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: '05 and '12 Aprilia Tuonos, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #9486
Tigerman
Intelligence Is Optional

Installed 190/55 rear and new sprockets yesterday and went for a nice ride today. I installed Gilles adjusters last year and they make readjusting the chain quickly and accurately a breeze. They were worth every penny.

If anyone is interested I have OEM 17t and Sunstar 47t sprockets with <5k miles on them. I’ll post them for sale when I get a chance.
2009 Black/Granite with Healtech Quickshifter Easy, Traxxion AK-20 Cartridges and .95 springs, Nitron R3 Shock, Convertibars, RSC Adjustable Clutch Lever, MotionPro +2.5" clutch & throttle cables, Vortex Rearsets with Vortex brake light switch, Venhill brake lines, Mivv GP Carbon Slip On, Ivan's ECU Flash, PC V, Air Box Mod, Gutted Cat, 12-O'clock Labs Speedo DRD and EXUP Simulator, Datatool gear Indicator, Motech Mirror Extenders, California Scientific windscreen when cruising.
Tigerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #9487
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Venhill are a quality brand. Had them make lines for a GSXR a long time ago. I need them to make an extended line for the '09 as I'm running a Brembo rear brake that mounts differently.
More info on the rear Brembo caliper please! With pics of course!!! I've been thinking about this for a while, but haven't got around to it yet.
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #9488
Damn Yankee
Blood,Sweat and Gears.

carbon chain guard and frt sprocket cover...then a 95 mile ride in the country.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #9489
okrider

Had a mini heart attack because I saw white mist in the oil sight glass. Thought the water pump seal broke again. The paper towel over exhaust test confirmed condensation. I really didn't want to pull the water pump apart again so I was pretty happy afterwards. Need to go on a longer ride than just downtown and back.
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #9490
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFZ1 View Post
Took the fz out to lunch and scrubbed in the new tires. Got about 70 miles on them with a couple heat cycles. First impressions are good on the new road 5s, nice and smooth, good grip, stability over tar snakes and bumps.

For those wondering about the balance beads, to be honest I never noticed a difference in the ride. Was nice and smooth past 90mph, no juddering at slow speeds or takeoff. So for those of you doing your tires at home and can’t balance or don’t want weights on your wheels, give the beads a shot. You’ll probably like them.
Update number 2:

Will and I went out for a ride Sunday and I was able to finish scrubbing in the Road 5s. Pushed them relatively hard, got em all the way edge to edge with just a touch of feathering. They never budged a inch, these tires are glue! As long as they last like the pilot roads we’re used too, they should be great!

Balance beads also continuing to perform marvelously. No strange vibes.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #9491
Gamecock
Retro Goodness!

I got a 5 min ride in around the neighborhood!

Was hoping to get a ride in Sunday, but we had a foster parent bring over a dog that we are going to adopt.

To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,...... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive.
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #9492
ajbigwood
Darth Fazer

Pulled the carbs as the bike has been sitting for nearly a year and they were all kinds of gummed up. Took FOREVER to get them back in - that rear throttle cable is an absolute b**** to get back on! But she started up and ran beautifully afterwards.
04-06 R1 front end w/ carbon fiber fender; R1 master cylinder; Penske 8981 shock; Ivan's jet kit; SW Motech top/side racks; Givi E360 panniers; Coocase S50 top case; 4° advancer; Throttlemeister cruise control; NC shield w/ laminar lip; Sargent Seat; 17t sprocket; Galfer braided lines; R1 shift arm; 12V outlet; Watsen signals; Competition Werkes fender eliminator; Grip puppies; Oxford heated grips; Tech-Spec tank pads; varied GoPro mounts; custom radiator guard; M4 slip-on.
ajbigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #9493
Chipb21
Neomaxie Zoomdwebie

Started fork seal replacement... hope not biting off more than I can handle. They are AK-20's so I bought the tool kit from Traxxion. Here goes nuttin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpgsmaller.jpg (197.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpgsmaller.jpg (189.9 KB, 56 views)
Chipb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #9494
okrider

You got this!
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #9495
theunderfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbigwood View Post
Pulled the carbs as the bike has been sitting for nearly a year and they were all kinds of gummed up. Took FOREVER to get them back in - that rear throttle cable is an absolute b**** to get back on! But she started up and ran beautifully afterwards.
Did you buy the bike back from your brother?
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #9496
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
You got this!
Yes he does............

Plenty of knowledgeable people here to ask questions of and I wouldn't doubt a thread could be found on that very job. No worries, take your time, do it right.
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: '05 and '12 Aprilia Tuonos, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #9497
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Have to say.. a fully-faired DPM FZ1 is a thing of beauty!

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #9498
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Finally wired up the brake lights on my Givi v35 side cases.
They were bought used and did not come with the bike side of the brake light harness. And for some reason, nobody sells connectors for these light kits without buying a whole new light kit.

So I made my own with some flush mount waterproof connectors from eBay, and some UV rated cord I had laying around. Good as new!

Connectors: http://r.ebay.com/IAtqWH

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion