register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry

Old 12-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #41
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

I didn't automatically get the update notification. Tried the manual way, downloaded the iso but that keeps crapping out midway

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360° LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection
CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:07 AM   #42
Butt Head

Dont know if there any truth in it but ppl have commented that it doesn't allow or plays havoc with non legitimate software.....
Butt Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #43
CBXR

RE Win 10

Well I am crying in my beer. I bit the bullet and installed win 10. It's a disaster for me. I download a lot of movies etc. the two programs I use , U Torrent and the player KMP crash on start up. I have a feeling down the road problems will appear.
So, fortunately I had cloned the drive and back to Win 7 for me. Don't get me wrong, Win 10 seems great for some things.Up till now Win 7 has been fantastic. I did upgrade to the latest software,but did not work.
CBXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #44
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Smart of you to image the drive first! My understanding is users have 30 days to go back to their old OS. After that the product key for your old OS will not work. Good on you for being able to easily reverse the "upgrade".

Now that some more time has passed, I have noticed that while Win10 is cool and a bit faster to start up than Win7, it has locked up a couple of times on my office computer. Win7 literally had not crashed in years on that very good running machine. It is not a big issue but perhaps worth noting. Win10 runs splendidly on my old Core 2 powered laptops.

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #45
Cougar
Nerd Herder

I use uTorrent on 2 Windows 10 machines and it has not crashed ever.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #46
vitesse

How is everyone getting on with 10?
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:20 PM   #47
Cougar
Nerd Herder

It's working great for me on my laptop and desktop systems. I'm making a recovery USB drive right now just in case...

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...ecovery-drive/
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #48
ctfz1
corner carver

Do not know how much of this is Windows 10, or other factors.
I watch Netflix and Hulu. Windows 10 tells me to download aps from store. try to use the aps they star to play then give error message "play on desktop."
Finding and keeping acess to some simple function/information is a pain.
Have not figured out how to pin website (like fz1oa) to task bar using "Edge" browser. Too google though better than IE11.
And
Super crap
ebay and amazon run horizontally in their "aps." which I hate.
Have not managed to burn a dvd yet, but I think that's me..
Liked the component listing page, can't find it.
The performance rating was silly, but at least it gave you some idea if changes worked.
Gone.
ctfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry