click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #41
rdcusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyfz1 View Post
The Gen I stock suspension isn't horrible for those around 185 and under. I'm 165 and solo it's ok, but two up the stock rear just doesn't work, especially when loaded with the E460 and both E21's. The R6 shock was a great improvement for little cost. I bought a shock on flea bay for well under a hundred bucks and made my own dog bones from 7075 bar stock. Set it up for stock rear ride height. No more bottoming out over bumps.

Last week replaced that setup with a Penske. My new recommendation after several days on the Dragon and surrounding twisties: forego anything else, get the Penske! The experience is transformative. I'm in love all over again. The R6 PALES in comparison. Smoother ride all around, solo and two-up, and now is much more on rails in tight and sweeper twisty stuff.

FWIW, my carbs are still bone stock and work just fine. CV carbs are pretty solid.
I agree on the Penske. Wouldn't trade mine for anything. And I'm glad the stock suspension seems ok for you but trust me when I tell you - you will not regret the Raven suspension mod for the $25 investment. No brainer.

Best,
Ron

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.
rdcusmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #42
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Wow. Welcome back Longboardr. Long time no see.
Thanks, the FZ1 has been pretty solid and dirt bikes have been getting most of my attention.
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #43
oldjeep

Bag brackets showed up today so I figured I might as well get them installed while I am waiting for my EXUP parts. Relatively easy, but their relocation location makes no sense. They could have so easily just provided a tab on the rack to put the signals close to where they were. The intended location looked like crap, so I made some minor mods to their brackets and shoved the lights forward a bit. Good enough for now, but this winter when I feel like painting I will weld a couple tabs to the bag brackets and put some after market lights on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1220.jpg (155.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1221.jpg (184.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1222.jpg (163.7 KB, 15 views)
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion