register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )

Old 09-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
fastdave
fastdave

2008 FZ1 Fully Modded

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about letting it go. I don't need to sell but I will for the right money. It really has all the mods thanks mostly to the good people on this forum. I must say this is the best forum that I have been on. And I have been on a lot. The people here treat others well and offer lots of help. You guys probably won't recognize all the work that I have done to the bike because I have never been able to load pics on here so I never made any good threads about my mods as I did them. I eventually gave up. But never stopped learning and posting occasionally. Here is a link to my craigslist ad. You may want to just drool over it.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/...318063115.html
fastdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
fermic37

If you decide to part with one of those seat cowls for a members discount PM me
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
fastdave
fastdave

Any suggestions on what price I really should list for this bike? I think my price is a little high. I'm open to offers.
Dave
Old 09-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
fermic37

It is. Take some of the goodies off and list it for 5k, take a little less.

And then sell the goodies here!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
fastdave
fastdave

I am going to put the stock stuff back on and will list it for you. I wish I still had the stock exhaust, the full yosh has probably 200 miles on it. Lol - I just put it on this year before my wife bought me exactly what I wanted- 2017 gsxr1000. I guess I need to leave the pc3 and ivans flashed ecu in it too?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
giddyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdave View Post
I am going to put the stock stuff back on and will list it for you. I wish I still had the stock exhaust, the full yosh has probably 200 miles on it. Lol - I just put it on this year before my wife bought me exactly what I wanted- 2017 gsxr1000. I guess I need to leave the pc3 and ivans flashed ecu in it too?
I have a stock exhaust from as 2012 with servo and cables with only a couple hundred miles on it.

Past Rides: Kawasaki KX80, Honda CB350, CAN-AM 125 Qualifier, CAN-AM 250MX, CAN-AM 500MX, 2000 Kawasaki ZX6, 2001/2003 KLR 650, 2006 Yamaha FZ1
Current Ride: 2012 Yamaha FZ1
Future Ride: Yamaha Tenere
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
fermic37

I'm
Sure there are people who would be more than happy to trade you the modded parts for their stock parts plus cash.

All depends on how fast you want to sell. Keep the mods and keep the price up or strip it and drop the price. Chances are you will make more money parting the goodies and move it faster
Old 09-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
dschult2

I agree put it as close to stock as possible. It might be more of a hassle but you'll make more money in the end. I'd be all over that strike seat cowl if it wasn't carbon wrapped.
dschult2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
ZX-Dominance

you will sell mods off the bike for more money than they will make on the bike.

Take the pc, GPR, exhaust, etc off. Youve easily got $1500 worth of stuff to sell separate, and can still get 4500 for the bike.

Maybe sell after the bike, and leave an option there in case the buyer wants them and is willing to pay a bit more?

1 in 10 buyers might really appreciate the mods and give you more, but in general, people dont give a shit.

It's silly, really, how cheap FZ1's go for these days.

Src: have bought and sold lots of bikes, and perhaps the market is different in the NE.. but in TX I bought my 08 with similar valued mods, and only 3k miles, for $5700 a year and a half ago.. and it'd been posted a while. 4-5 of my buddies have all picked up really nice FZ1 08-11's w/ under 15k miles- all for less than $5k. Only a few will appreciate the mods, and most of them already have fz1's
RIP "Envy" - 11/14/15. Envy 2 - '08 Graphite : Full Fairing * Yosh R77 * Flashed * PC * Ign mod * LARS * BMC * Vortex 49T * R6 Thrttle * GPR V4 * RT 1.0's * 08 R1 Shock + 600lb * TechSpecs * Carbon ll over * CL XBK5 * DblBubble * Full Givi/Kappas * ASV C5 * Nautilus 140dB * HIDs 6k * Corbin CF x 2 * Thrttlemstr Cruise * Garmin Nuvi * Gold Rad Guard* Block Offs * Spdhlr * 780 grips * Givi Slim Fender * Clear Alt TL
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
ZX-Dominance

PS- my birthday is coming up... so if you want to sell any of those carbon goodies separately... I'm all ears.

-ive also got LOTS of stock parts if you need to replace anything-
RIP "Envy" - 11/14/15. Envy 2 - '08 Graphite : Full Fairing * Yosh R77 * Flashed * PC * Ign mod * LARS * BMC * Vortex 49T * R6 Thrttle * GPR V4 * RT 1.0's * 08 R1 Shock + 600lb * TechSpecs * Carbon ll over * CL XBK5 * DblBubble * Full Givi/Kappas * ASV C5 * Nautilus 140dB * HIDs 6k * Corbin CF x 2 * Thrttlemstr Cruise * Garmin Nuvi * Gold Rad Guard* Block Offs * Spdhlr * 780 grips * Givi Slim Fender * Clear Alt TL
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
fermic37

Hey now I called dips on the cowls depending on price! Lol
Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #12
kjm

Interested in the rearsets if you are going to be parting out.
kjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #13
GTA-FZ1

I am interested in the GPR v4 stabilizer you have on the bike.....and maybe the levers.
Please PM me when you have them off the bike or have decided on asking prices.

Last edited by GTA-FZ1; 09-26-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: added interest in levers
GTA-FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #14
fastdave
fastdave

I'm going to part it out. I will post it when I'm done.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #15
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdave View Post
I'm going to part it out. I will post it when I'm done.
Thanks

Cool! I may be in for the Rizoma Gas cap too as it will match the one on my other bike.
kjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #16
BruinFZ1guy

$5k is still pretty ambitious, IMO.

I hate to say it, but I think you'll be doing well to fetch $4k, probably in the (oh boy I hate to say it)...threes???

Most people won't appreciate the mods. As you seem to have decided, it's probably best to strip as much of the liquifiable add-ons as possible and drop the price a bunch...
BruinFZ1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #17
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFZ1guy View Post

I hate to say it, but I think you'll be doing well to fetch $4k, probably in the (oh boy I hate to say it)...threes???

Most people won't appreciate the mods. As you seem to have decided, it's probably best to strip as much of the liquifiable add-ons as possible and drop the price a bunch...
The way the market is on these bikes, I agree. I grabbed a 2006 totally tricked out, hell even with wheels for a good deal. I have a hard time with the way the public views the FZ. Anybody that knows, these are stellar rides even stock. Get them twisted up with goodies, amazing. I say fook the naysayers and haters. They are young, and in 10 years they will beg for such a bike. Not even gonna ask for parts, the vultures are swarming.............
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000, '02 XR650L THE TRACTOR
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #18
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFZ1guy View Post

I thought the same. Very hard to sell these for even 4K to non FZers
Old 09-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #19
GTA-FZ1

Just read through your mod list on your link as I had only viewed this thread through a small mobile screen before and noticed the throttle lock and kickstand......as well as all the other listed mods. Might also be interested in the kickstand and was considering getting a Throttlemeister at some point with the heavy bar ends to smooth out bar vibrations.....but maybe the Kaoko would also do the trick?

But seriously, wow.....you certainly have done your bike up very nicely!

Although I am interested in some of the parts......after owning my own FZ1 I am surprised that you are letting such a nicely modded bike leave your possession.

Very nice work!
GTA-FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
fastdave
fastdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA-FZ1 View Post
Just read through your mod list on your link as I had only viewed this thread through a small mobile screen before and noticed the throttle lock and kickstand......as well as all the other listed mods. Might also be interested in the kickstand and was considering getting a Throttlemeister at some point with the heavy bar ends to smooth out bar vibrations.....but maybe the Kaoko would also do the trick?

But seriously, wow.....you certainly have done your bike up very nicely!

Although I am interested in some of the parts......after owning my own FZ1 I am surprised that you are letting such a nicely modded bike leave your possession.

Very nice work!
Yes its time for me to move on. I have too many bikes. I will surely miss it. I'll miss the sound of the air intake sounding like its going to f-n eat me! LoL. It was my first bike and its pretty hard letting go. It's been hard taking all the stuff off that I put on. The fz1 really is an awesome machine that does not get the respect that it should. There are still some parts left for sale.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )