register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 01-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #9381
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

I wheeled her back into the carport, put the cover on after riding her for a week in perfect weather. Then got the Royal Enfield out for a ride last night before putting that away. 2 days of work then 2 weeks off to enjoy this awesome sunshine!!
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #9382
okrider

Put a new battery in and installed a FIAMM horn. My girlfriend hates loud noises so she's going to be very unhappy. I have a couple more things to install that require lifting the tank so going to do that once I use some of the gas in the tank.
Other: Corbin seat, custom highway pegs, phone mount and charger, GPS, ZG touring windshield, T-Rex Frame Sliders, Throttlemeister, Speed Screen, Yoshi fender elim w/ S1000RR signals, Oxford heated grips
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
okrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #9383
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Modded my front seat's rubber bumpers. My seat has always been a PITA to get off, lubed the latch mechanism and that helped, but still the lever was stiff.

My 2nd bike is a '14 Super Tenere, and a common mod for those folks is to shorten the rear rubber bumper thingies under the seat to drop the rear and flatten it a little. Did that to my S10, noticed that it is more comfy that way, and then looked at my FZ1, which has the same exact bumpers, so the same mod got performed.

The mod creates a little bit of "looseness" in the seat, getting it on and off is a snap now, as the latch is not preloaded with tension from the tall rear bumpers anymore. The seat is also a bit lower in the back and as a result slants forward toward the tank a little less and is a bit more comfortable. A few swipes with a hacksaw and the deed is done!

Rear bumpers to the right in the photo get shortened, the fronts to the left are left alone and not touched. You can easily take them out altogether, but the seat gets a little rattly that way, but is likely even more flat and comfy. I may try taking them out and put some leftover stick down foam (left over from the Lithium battery on the dirt bike) on the frame where the seat rests for maximum flatness. If I don't like it for any reason, the bumpers are easy to put back in.

The mods never end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat Mod.jpg (105.1 KB, 31 views)

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #9384
WileECoyote
Meathead Extraordinaire

Fabulous idea. Reckon that's why the seat on the '06 is a PITA to take off.
Co rider and mechanic, No current wins, cant seem to get around them anvils........sometimes tunnels arent really open......falls from cliffs usually slow me down..........WTF, where'd that piano come from?
Currently: Aprilia Tuono, 09 FZ1, 06 FZ1, 89 FZR1000
My long lost love.......1987 FZ700
WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #9385
fermic37

is that ostrich on the front of that there seat?
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion