register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance

Old 08-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #21
Fm1

I would suggest getting in touch with Vcyclenut again. I have sent him my ECU for flashing and he offers a refund - shipping if you are not happy with his flash. He will also put your ECU back to factory image.

He did recommend getting the flash with fuel maps for my flash which should help out with on off throttle.

He also uses flash tune for Ecu flashes which is not his own software. He is under the dealer section of their website.
Fm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #22
avf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Is it possible the flash did not take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fm1 View Post
I would suggest getting in touch with Vcyclenut again. I have sent him my ECU for flashing and he offers a refund - shipping if you are not happy with his flash. He will also put your ECU back to factory image.

He did recommend getting the flash with fuel maps for my flash which should help out with on off throttle.

He also uses flash tune for Ecu flashes which is not his own software. He is under the dealer section of their website.
Thats actually my final solution to try before giving up and selling this bike to get a flash with the fuel changes....Oh well here I go to open the tank again...

Just for information to others I did increase the TPS setting to 24 and it immediately acted quite lean...so no go there either...
Old 08-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #23
Fm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by avf View Post
Thats actually my final solution to try before giving up and selling this bike to get a flash with the fuel changes....Oh well here I go to open the tank again...

Just for information to others I did increase the TPS setting to 24 and it immediately acted quite lean...so no go there either...
The good thing is you will be paying extra for just the fuel changes since you already paid for the basic flash.

Shipping is additional. If you want super peachy fueling in Stock form get a bandit 1250. Hope it helps.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #24
avf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
I put on enough miles on my VC flashed ECU to say that the throttle response from closed is nearly immediate on my bike. Remember I'm still using the stock fuel maps.
Did u get the flash with fuel changes? Mine is without as that was advised with a standard bike no slipon
Old 08-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #25
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

He said it is with the stock fuel maps, i.e. no changes. That's what makes me think yours didn't "take"..

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #26
avf

Quote:
He said it is with the stock fuel maps, i.e. no changes. That's what makes me think yours didn't "take"..
I am waiting on confirmation from Vcyclenut to tell me the fuel changes reflash will take care of this...

There is one other simple proposed solution posted on another forum that suggests adding 4 diodes in series http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mo...-method-2.html

(i hope its ok to post a link to another forum)
Old 08-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #27
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

You do NOT need fuel changes to eliminate the fuel cut. That's why I think it wasn't flashed correctly.

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #28
avf

Quote:
You do NOT need fuel changes to eliminate the fuel cut. That's why I think it wasn't flashed correctly.
I am going to ask VC about that...
Old 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #29
avf

Ok...BIG NEWS. I tried the 4 diode in series wiring as per the link above and it made a huge difference....the snatch is almost gone....is it gone completely....now I will have to ride it more to verify but this was the first time I rode it and dint get mad for buying this bike. The throttle is smoother for sure....more details after more rides...
Old 08-13-2016, 05:00 AM   #30
fz1baba

I'm having the exact symptoms you describe. Throttle response under 4000 rpm is smooth as butter however anything above 5000 rpm I can feel a "snatch" as if the bike jerks forward instantly upon throttle application. Slowly opening the throttle the jerk is lessened however this is very hard to do when your mid corner. I have the vcyclenut flash WITH fueling adjustments. Haven't contacted him yet regarding this issue because I assumed it was just me.

Mods-
Larz airbox - BMC filter
BS fuel line
Akra slip-on
Degutted cat - stock headers
fz1baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #31
Fm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1baba View Post
I'm having the exact symptoms you describe. Throttle response under 4000 rpm is smooth as butter however anything above 5000 rpm I can feel a "snatch" as if the bike jerks forward instantly upon throttle application. Slowly opening the throttle the jerk is lessened however this is very hard to do when your mid corner. I have the vcyclenut flash WITH fueling adjustments. Haven't contacted him yet regarding this issue because I assumed it was just me.

Mods-
Larz airbox - BMC filter
BS fuel line
Akra slip-on
I have the similar mods as yours. Make sure there is no throttle free play and you need to ride it a some to get a hang of it.

I also did the vcyclenut flash with fuel changes and honestly couldn't have asked for more. The fueling and throttle is perfect now. Additionally I have always used 91 octane fuel.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:58 AM   #32
avf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1baba View Post

Mods-
Larz airbox - BMC filter
BS fuel line
Akra slip-on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fm1 View Post
I have the similar mods as yours. Make sure there is no throttle free play and you need to ride it a some to get a hang of it.

I also did the vcyclenut flash with fuel changes and honestly couldn't have asked for more. The fueling and throttle is perfect now. Additionally I have always used 91 octane fuel.
i am getting the fuel flash as i write and will get to ride it this week. I will update if it rides just as good without the diodes mod....
Old 09-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #33
cbrentb
Banned

pc3 or pc5 and a liitle getting use to throttle response (ride time) will eliminate this. did for me.
cbrentb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by avf View Post
i am getting the fuel flash as i write and will get to ride it this week. I will update if it rides just as good without the diodes mod....
Hey avf, any updates on the lag? I'm having similar problems as you where throttle is just unpredictably laggy. I tried the R6 throttle tube but that just made things worse. I have been thinking of trying the 4 diodes. Do you have a link that explains it handy?
YouTube Channel - OK Rider
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
'05 VStar 1100: Flip bike
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #35
ballmead
I like em Naked

Keeping the injectors on is only part of the fix for the fuel cut issues you guys are experiencing.
Fueling changes need to be made as well and Ivan's ECU flash and accompanying PowerCommander map take care of it completely.
2010 FZ1N - Mivv Speed Edge with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV - Modded Airbox with DNA air filter - 49T rear sprocket - 2008 R1 Forks and brakes - Penske 8983 rear shock - LighTech rear sets
ballmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #36
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmead View Post
Keeping the injectors on is only part of the fix for the fuel cut issues you guys are experiencing.
Fueling changes need to be made as well and Ivan's ECU flash and accompanying PowerCommander map take care of it completely.
We all know Ivan knows what he's doing, but the $300+ difference in cost is too sweet to pass, given there are many people very happy with the Vcyclenut flash. Vcyclenut does fueling changes as well. Leads to think something's off on my bike rather than the flash.
'78 Honda CB400T Hawk: Kickstart only, front and rear drum brakes, leaky head gasket
Old 07-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #37
okrider

I don't know if this helps diagnose but I get a distinct backfire above 5k rpm when I try to reapply throttle after slowing down. However the lag happens all through the rpm range
Old 07-16-2017, 10:29 PM   #38
ballmead
I like em Naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
I don't know if this helps diagnose but I get a distinct backfire above 5k rpm when I try to reapply throttle after slowing down. However the lag happens all through the rpm range
That is a classic example of fuel cut. A small backfire on re-application of the throttle and then the throttle lag.
2010 FZ1N - Mivv Speed Edge with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV - Modded Airbox with DNA air filter - 49T rear sprocket - 2008 R1 Forks and brakes - Penske 8983 rear shock - LighTech rear sets
ballmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #39
okrider

Pretty sure I just fixed the problem by increasing my idle. I've been suspecting that it's lower than spec but I never bothered to look. It was at 900 and it was jerky throttle, not smooth on/off. I just increased it to 1100-1200 and now it's smooth as butter all of a sudden. Backfire's gone too. It's crazy the idle rpm can affect on/off throttle at higher rpms so much. Might be placebo though. I'll comment once I ride it a bit more and confirm the solution
Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #40
LDH

I found it took 1400-1500 rams and the tps set to 20 to smooth out my vc flash.
LDH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 2 Exhausts, Fueling & Performance