register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Purchasing, Insurance, & Warranty

Old 09-29-2016, 05:35 AM   #141
vitesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
I switched from DairyLand (30$ a month, minimum coverage, plus theft/vandalism/hitting an animal and crashing protection) to Esurance (111$,a Year for the same thing)

Esurance is by far the best insurance I've ever had. It really is cheaper and their customer service is top notch
Who is the underwriter on their policies? thanks
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #142
Cougar
Nerd Herder

esurance is an Allstate company. You buy it online or over the phone.

https://www.esurance.com/quote1052?P...UWuBoCf_Dw_wcB
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #143
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

I'll never have Allstate again after my auto claim experience. The Good Hands people fumbled.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #144
fermic37

I used foremost on my Gen1 through my father (many many points on my record from trans ams in college) For full coverage was $400 a year with me on his policy.

My new truck and house is through nationwide so I figured they would make me a bundle deal, they wanted $1600 for full coverage on my Gen2 (their auto coverage is great never had an issue). Allstate wanted $1000, foremost wanted $650, and Progressive wanted $500.

Went with progressive, its what Harley used for my sisters bike when she bought it. $500 deducible, full coverage, and $4k in accessories.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #145
squirrel1

Interesting taking a look at other's costs and coverages. Here in Oregon, with State Farm, my 2015 FZ1 costs me $280/year for:

Liability: $250,000 each person / $500,000 each accident /

$1000 deductible (collision and comp)

Uninsured Motor Vehicle -Bodily Injury: $250,000 each person / $500,000 each accident

Uninsured Motor Vehicle - Property Damage: $20,000
Old 02-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #146
Uvangoey

Just got an 02 FZ 1. I'm 23, 5 years of experience. In Indiana, I payed $134 for the year for the most basic coverage I could get. I know I need more, but I just wanted to get plates on it xD
Uvangoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #147
AFM674
FZ1MinesRdRipper

My bike was vandalized...insurance rep I crashed it???

I'm not going to mention the company name yet. So my bike was parked for a few weeks while I rode the other bike and my truck. The last time I rode it to work etc then parked it. The battery was starting to go south anyway. So I parked it for a few weeks while using other vehicles. I decided to put a good battery in it and take out to get some gas and run it for a period of time. I noticed some scratches that weren't there before...upon further inspection it was thrashed on both sides...it's been dropped on both sides and has scratches and graffiti etc. The frame sliders, pipe, rear cowl grab rails, mirrors, blinkers etc have consistent light scratches at a sideways angle...definitely was pushed over directly to the side. This guy says to my face that it looks like it's been in a crash. I can't believe this guy actually works as a motorcycle adjuster and he doesn't know what a crash damage looks like on frame sliders, cowlings, pipe etc. I will be filing a complaint with the insurance commissioner if I don't get claim approved. You pay these guys money...which they happily collect, but then don't want to pay out...instead they call you a crook??? I know I'll get the bike fixed...it seems like they're either paying games or they just don't have the facts or proof to substantiate their finding. I'm expecting a call from the supervisor tomorrow. I will be taking the bike to get an estimate from another source that's really experienced. This is just ridiculous...but leave it to the insurance companies to make your life miserable. Later fizzers
AFM674 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Purchasing, Insurance, & Warranty