register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 09-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
G_man

Thumbs up It's that time again>>>>>>

Right about now is when it finally starts to cool down a bit at night and in the morning, but it's still HOT during the day and you tend to get tired of it after 4 months of LIVING IN HELL-like conditions.

So we are getting ready for our annual 500 mile Ride up and down Highway 1.

Blackie is dialed in and anxious to stretch her legs, she's been couped up for too long....

From Triple digits to 65 - 75 degree weather..... Can't wait!

Steve McQueen--On Any Sunday

Last edited by G_man; 09-03-2018 at 04:38 PM.
G_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
Duken4evr
Map Maven

I do love this time of year in Colorado. It cools down to 57F or so at night, even more in the mountains, still warm during the day. Kids are back in school too. Perfect.

I missed my "Mid Life Crisis Ride" with my CA buddies this year, was too hot to head out of CO to cross NV and then into CA on the bike to meet my buddies. I recently got this bad boy Kendon folding trailer though, snapped it up used for a good price. Next year I will drag the big bike across the hot desert behind my air conditioned truck and to the cool CA coast The trailer kicks butt for transporting dirt bikes too. Once one loads the dirt bike on the low trailer, pushing it up the ramp into the high bed of a truck after a hard ride just sounds too much like work

Cool thing is my winch setup that I used for my old and long suffering folding Harbor Freight "trailer of sadness" works perfectly with this one. The whole deal is pretty darn effortless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2428.JPG (112.7 KB, 148 views)

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
G_man

Nice trailer Duke, oh yes that's the only way I go across the desert when it's 110 and it's basically a straight shot to LA.

I trailer to Eagle Rock and stay at my childhood home and then go from there to Highway 1.

not sure if we're going to stop by the Rock Store again as it adds a few more hours to the ride and we're always anxious to get to the beach.

Riding thru the desert is not my idea of a good time unless you like sitting in a blast furnace for about 7 hours.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
G_man

Okay boys and girls I know you're all REAL concerned about my well-being to know if I made it back alive, so here is an update and a few pictures.

Got to chill at the home I grew up in Eagle Rock with my buddy Donny before we hit Highway 1.

I have mixed emotions when I go back there as both my parents are barely hanging on.
It's tough to see, especially my mom who is in a dementia home and the last two visits she did not recognize me.

Donny turned me on to these Butler motorcycle Maps a few years back and they have rewarded me with going on some discreet roads I would never have dreamt of going on.

They color code them according to how spectacular they are for motorcycling if you have a street bike I highly advise getting one for your area.

https://www.butlermaps.com/

It was great to get out of the triple-digit heat after a long hot summer that is just now finally winding down 70 degree weather and 60 degrees at night sure felt good.

We toughed it out here for 5 days it was very relaxing to do a whole lot of nothing for a change although we did go for some rides a couple days

Blackie performed flawlessly and got us up there with a lot of weight in the Ventura Luggage.

This was my morning view everyday....
She played every day I was there and was in very good shape as she played against the guys.

One of the local restaurants with a nice view.

Taking a break on one of our roads that we found on Butler's map it was awesome had some real tight twisty technical Corners reminded me of some Isle of Man stuff and very few cars.

This Monument at Morro Bay is dedicated to all the families who have to say goodbye to their Husbands and Fathers as they go out to Sea to earn their living.

Some of the local wildlife....:woohoo:

That's all for now hope you enjoyed the pics....

Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

I love Butler maps. And volleyball hawties.
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (*Not a real Harley)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My favorite generation)

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #6
grommet
kinetic mentality

Looks like a great ride and a great trip.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #7
G_man

Thanks guys and yea Torchsport I luv Butler Maps!

btw are you going to MotoD?

Here is a brief description of one of the roads I tried that otherwise I would never have w/o the Butler Map. Usually when I head up Topanga Canyon I go to the Rock Store but on a Sunday it can be a Madhouse and there are a lot of Rossi-wanna-be's....
Although there are some cool and exotic bikes to see I wanted to try something different.

This yr I went down a twisty narrow road and the only “traffic” I saw was bicycles and pedestrians.
The road got real steep and eventually turned into a one-way road and dumped us down onto PCH.

Very cool and my G/F enjoyed it too.

Here is an example of one and it's also done on extra THICK "hard to tear" paper stock. If you own a streetbike and like twisty obscure roads, check them out.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

I don't think there are many on here that care about paper maps. They all like their e gizmos.

Not going to make the de nations race. I used all of my available PTO for the year...

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Last edited by Torchsport; 09-27-2018 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 09-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #10
Lickety Split

Very cool. Thanks man!
Lickety Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Location: Bridgeville PA, its not Ten Cee but okay for now......
You poor bastage........... seeing that everyday.......... I tried out for the v ball team just so I could be near them girls. Built to be a running back or linesman. Didnt fair well with v ball.........

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #12
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
I don't think there are many on here that care about paper maps. They all like their e gizmos.

Not going to make the de nations race. I used all of my available PTO for the year...
Oh well that explains it then why I got lit up like a Christmas tree when I could not understand adults playing Pokemon....

Bummer you're not going to make Moto Des Nations it's going to be epic!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #13
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post

Hahaha

Old 09-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #14
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety Split View Post
Very cool. Thanks man!
Thanks

Old 09-27-2018, 08:49 PM   #15
G_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
You poor bastage........... seeing that everyday.......... I tried out for the v ball team just so I could be near them girls. Built to be a running back or linesman. Didnt fair well with v ball.........
Yeah coyote it was brutal I made sure I had on my sunglasses on first thing in the morning while I was out on the patio drinking coffee eating my morning muffin with my G/F......

It was a great way to wake up and let my eyes adjust from a rough nights sleep....

Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #16
jredford
Musical Metal

Most excellent.

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion