click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #1221
Woodys2718
Lets light this candle!

The company I work for (HUSCO) is leading the way forming Maskforce to help those on the front lines with proper protection. We are an Automotive and Off Highway hydraulics company.

While still in the design phase I'm certain our 3d printers will be producing these N95 re-usable masks in short order.

https://biztimes.com/local-organizat...ive-equipment/
Throttle Rocker
Throttle Meister
TechSpec
Proton Flush Mounts
Bi Xenon HIDs
Speedo Healer
Power Bronze Lower Cowl
Competition Werks Undertail
Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
OES Frame Sliders
Bestem Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
GB Racing Case Guards
Pro Bolt Anodized Bolt Kit
Cox Racing Radiator Guard
Arrow Header
Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On
Two Bros Juice Box Pro
BMC Air Filter
AIS Plugged
Old 03-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #1222
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
Everyone loves to pile on this jackass pastor for having services, and it is justifiable. I told my pastor he should stop services a week before he did. There’s no excuse for what the Florida pastor did. So pile on and keep piling on.

Here’s where I see the hypocrisy. The spring breakers. Every one of you who is bitching about a Christian pastor in Florida, what about the spring breakers? Did they offend you as much? Did you bitch about that? Or is it only cool when it involves Christianity?

Hey, maybe you could bitch about Muslims licking shrines, etc. Oh wait a minute, if I bitch about Muslims, I could easily wind up burned alive in a cage. Let’s pick an easier target, Christians. They never physically fight back. Gimme a bourbon and a microphone. Truthfully, none of us on this forum have the balls to criticize Islam.
Doesn't matter what religion that pastor follows. The issue is that his actions are a threat to the greater community. Not just people who follow him. Anyone who encourages gathering in large groups is an asshole and should mocked.

And I'd be happy to criticize Islam!! It's just another supernatural belief system created by man.
If I could draw cartoons I'd draw one of their prophet and I'd happily sing "This fish is good enough for Jehova!" while dancing a jig!

PS - Unless you are living in an area occupied by ISIS I'm betting your local Muslim population doesn't have any plans to burn anyone in a cage.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #1223
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys2718 View Post
The company I work for (HUSCO) is leading the way forming Maskforce to help those on the front lines with proper protection. We are an Automotive and Off Highway hydraulics company.

While still in the design phase I'm certain our 3d printers will be producing these N95 re-usable masks in short order.

That's pretty cool. How can they be re-used? Are they washable?

California had 21 million masks to deploy. Turns out they are "out of date" because the stupid elastic strap is only considered viable for X amount of time. The masks are still effective.... but the stupid strap means they can't be used.

What. The. Fvck.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #1224
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
Everyone loves to pile on this jackass pastor for having services, and it is justifiable. I told my pastor he should stop services a week before he did. There’s no excuse for what the Florida pastor did. So pile on and keep piling on.

Here’s where I see the hypocrisy. The spring breakers. Every one of you who is bitching about a Christian pastor in Florida, what about the spring breakers? Did they offend you as much? Did you bitch about that? Or is it only cool when it involves Christianity?

Hey, maybe you could bitch about Muslims licking shrines, etc. Oh wait a minute, if I bitch about Muslims, I could easily wind up burned alive in a cage. Let’s pick an easier target, Christians. They never physically fight back. Gimme a bourbon and a microphone. Truthfully, none of us on this forum have the balls to criticize Islam.
The thing is though Stella, the jackass pastor is not a Christian, he just calls himself one. I am sure there are many Christian organizations helping in this crises.
Spring breakers? Yes I was disgusted by them but they are kids acting like idiots on their own. There is a huge difference from an idiot kid and a person of influence, someone in power, who uses that influence over people to put them and the rest of us in danger.

Islam is just another religion, like all of them it has good teachings at the core and most people who follow do so in peace but like all of them it has lunatics sects and they seem to have more than their share of those.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #1225
Woodys2718
Lets light this candle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
That's pretty cool. How can they be re-used? Are they washable?

California had 21 million masks to deploy. Turns out they are "out of date" because the stupid elastic strap is only considered viable for X amount of time. The masks are still effective.... but the stupid strap means they can't be used.

What. The. Fvck.
From my understanding, the main mask is made out of plastic and a silicone seal that fits the face. Both can withstand the temps of sterilization (not sure what temp that is). Then there is a removable filter in the front which is changed out to a new filter.
Throttle Rocker
Throttle Meister
TechSpec
Proton Flush Mounts
Bi Xenon HIDs
Speedo Healer
Power Bronze Lower Cowl
Competition Werks Undertail
Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
OES Frame Sliders
Bestem Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
GB Racing Case Guards
Pro Bolt Anodized Bolt Kit
Cox Racing Radiator Guard
Arrow Header
Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On
Two Bros Juice Box Pro
BMC Air Filter
AIS Plugged
Old 03-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #1226
grommet
kinetic mentality

I'll be in the garage . . .

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #1227
isleoman

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...-covid-19.html

"Two employees of the Market Basket supermarket in Chelsea, MA have tested positive for coronavirus, the company said on Monday, according to the Boston Globe.

The supermarket has been in touch with Chelsea’s Board of Health about the new cases, the Globe reports.

“The health and safety of our associates and that of our customers are our highest priority and we are moving swiftly to take all of the appropriate measures and ensure that we can continue to serve our customers in good health,” Justine Griffin, a company spokeswoman, said, according to the Globe. “In addition to Market Basket’s heightened disinfection program, we brought in a specialized cleaning crew who cleaned and disinfected the store over the weekend.”

I'm sure similar stories are appearing everywhere.

I was shopping in a different Market Basket this morning. Aside from TP and Pasta most commodities were available. Store was lightly populated. The cashier and bagger (both young ladies) were concerned they would be sent home, due to the lack of business on a Monday morning.

The store is massive, there are over 22 check out lanes. Not one employee had a mask and only one employee the older guy that decon-ed the carts was wearing gloves. I had on both and I'm sure I looked a fool. I thought the store was exposing these workers to undue risk for the reward. Did the decon of the items exteriors when I got home. Saw the link after I got home.

I can't see how the US food delivery model is going to remain the same. How many minimum wage heroes are there?

Very worrisome when you think it out. I guess (food shopping) is being done in other shut down countries, but I don't see shopping for food in the US being the same very soon. The BJs model of dropping pallets and buying bulk might be safer for employees than stocking shelves.

Plan, Don't Panic. Don't Horde.

Central Mass has cases but it's light here so far, compared to Boston and New York.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #1228
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Quote:
I'm sure similar stories are appearing everywhere.
We've had one in the Bay Area. A Safeway in San Jose. One worker was found
to be positive a few days after he had last worked there. They shut down and did a massive cleaning.

My local stores are operating as normal pretty much. Limiting numbers in the store at a time.
Still haven't seen more than 2 people in line at a time.

Many workers have fancy new masks and some are even wearing clear 1/2 visors.
They also installed plexiglass barriers that protect them from customers who are checking out.

The two oldest guys are still working as are all the regulars. Almost all the checkers
have been there for many years. There are 5 locations around the bay area and is family owned.

Oh ya, they have placed some limits on how much one person can buy for eggs cheese and some other things.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #1229
oldjeep

Local grocery store is well stocked. Only out of tp and normal eggs. Still had plenty of over priced organic brown eggs.
http://www.oldjeep.com
Old 03-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #1230
okaugust
They tried and died

This reminds me of our call center in India, when we spent almost six weeks there training. Not only were they usually 20-40 minutes late (traffic sucks, yeah yeah), when they did show up they would head off to a tea break that took 40 minutes. Then lunch, then another tea break.

We set up watch to see who got left behind to move the mouses of the employees not there or on tea break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post

I'll be in the garage . . .
Old 03-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #1231
okaugust
They tried and died

Oh, and I just got denied travel on the Crow Reservation, trying to go out to where I was just a week ago to do an owl count. All alone, no need to talk to anyone, just heading for five miles of dirt road. Nope.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:48 PM   #1232
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

It is odd that essential workers are generally paid a lot less than people (like me) whose work is nonessential.
We could lose 75% of lawyers and accountants and bankers and the country would not shut down in fact it would probably be better . We lose that amount of grocery clerks, garbage collectors, farm workers and the country is screwed.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #1233
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys2718 View Post

Kudos! Keep up the good work!
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #1234
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleoman View Post
I can't see how the US food delivery model is going to remain the same. How many minimum wage heroes are there?

Very worrisome when you think it out. I guess (food shopping) is being done in other shut down countries, but I don't see shopping for food in the US being the same very soon.
I bet they will soon be testing grocery store workers routinely, even healthy ones, to diminish the risk to all concerned.
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #1235
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

In High School a classmate had the Corona.
Another classmate caught his Corona...

With a Datsun 510.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:14 PM   #1236
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Desmo, is that kid in your avatar a dumb spring breaker?

Stella, that pastor in Florida is just another socially irresponsible idiot. People can probably just expect it from the spring breakers. I don't know anything about anyone licking shrines, but they shouldn't be doing that either. Kudos for checking in with your pastor.
As a side issue: I don't think muslims have ever been categorically off limits in this country. : (Hedging on the political)

Anyways: Grommet has it right. Enjoy the garage.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #1237
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Not just some kid. That’s “Bradley”! Because of course that’s his name.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:32 PM   #1238
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Oh! In other news, I had an appointment with the orthopedist today. Good news: no surgery! And better still, no plaster! I have a small wrist brace and was told to exercise my fingers while keeping my hand straight so the base of the main hand bones could heal.

He really wasn't worried about my ankle. Said:
"yeah, there are a couple bits around the base of the bone where the ligament tried to pull away. Move it up and down as you can without pain to keep it moving. Gotta keep that shift lever working."

The coolest part? He asked what bike I had. I told him what I did it on (KTM 690 Enduro) and he asked if it was for sale. Said his buddy was looking for one. I told him I wasn't sure yet; I just got this bike and have 3 of them, I said. I asked him if he rides and he said he just got back from a 1500 mile Baja run on a Husqy FE350 bored out to 390. He also has a trials bike and a Husqy 701! I was surprised and asked him if his line of work ever dissuades him. His response? "Life's too short."

10 days in and I'm out of the moon-boot and the forearm-length splint. I'm into a short wrist brace and ankle stabilizer. I'm working on moving my joints with the go-ahead. Doc said 3 months at the outside until I can ride full-on grabbing the throttle as if my life depends on it; he admitted he's padding it because he knows my type--I'll push it; he says he sees the same thing in the mirror every morning.

Then we talked boots and gloves. I asked him his opinions. He said with gloves there isn't much you could do to prevent the break. I told him I was in Gaerne Balance aventure style boots and asked what he uses. He said "Sidi Crossfire MX boots always." I'd actually been looking at those since the get-off along with other MX boots. He figured the ankle injury probably wouldn't have happened had I had something similar. Concurred with what I'd been thinking.

TLDR: My ortho doc is an avid rider and we had a good bike chat. It was a good meeting.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #1239
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

And the entire state of Virginia is mandatory SIP. Lockdown! Of course we've been doing this for two weeks now. But, I'm essential so I still have to go to work. In fact, they were so worried I might not show up to work, HQ sent an automated call out just to make sure I knew I was required to report to work as scheduled.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #1240
Sam9

I’m retired and nothing much has changed. Totally non-essential. I’m worried that they will try to get my wife the nurse back to work at the hospital. I already told her she couldn’t go back, so the odds that she will are about the same as if I hadn’t said anything.

Down at the nuclear plant, everyone able to is working from home. They say it’s like a ghost town out there. So operations and maintenance crews are having much less stressful work days than usual.
Closed Thread

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion