click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 1 Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance

Old 03-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #101
oldjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon 269 View Post
Coolant light comes on for overheating at 104 degs centigrade.
So 219 in 'Merican ;)

Good to know. I don't think I've ever seen my bike above 190
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #102
ORBlackFZ1

O-Ring Part List

Hi everyone:

Now that I have finished my carb rebuild, I thought I would post a list of the O-Rings that I used. Hopefully, the McMaster-Carr O-Rings will last as long as the OEM O-Rings.

If I had purchased all of the o-rings from my Yamaha parts dealer, I would have spent $141.36*. Float bowel o-rings ($29.36) are not included since McMaster-Carr does NOT have them. The rest of the o-rings ($40.10 + $7.69 shipping = $47.79) I purchased from McMaster-Carr. So, the savings was $93.57.

A few important notes:

1. Others have posted purchasing their o-rings from sellers on ebay. I didn't include ebay purchases, because I was able to get all the o-rings I needed from my Yamaha parts dealer and McMaster-Carr.

2. *Yamaha doesn't list the o-ring for the part 5LV-1410F-00-00 (#71).

3. *Yamaha doesn't list two (2) of the o-rings for sale individually. They come with the Needle Valve Set (4KM-14107-15-00, #18) and the Pilot Screw Set (5MP-14105-00-00 #8). So, if you need the complete "Set", then you don't need to purchase the o-ring separately. My needle valve and pilot screw parts were good, I just needed the o-rings.

4. All of the McMaster-Carr minimum pack quantity exceeded my needs. They ranged from 25 to 100 o-rings per pack. Yes, I have a lot of o-rings left over.

5. I also used Super Lube 93003 O-Ring Silicone Grease on all the o-rings https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. When I asked for suggestions in an earlier post, I had gotten some ranging from using spit to o-ring lube, so I went with the lube.

As always, I am a newbie at this, so please use the information at your own risk. If you find an error or have additional information, please post it.

Here are the two (2) links in the attachment:
https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oe...f25/carburetor
https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/3724

Let me know if you have any questions that I can help answer.
Eric
Attached Images
File Type: png CarbORingPartsList800.png (157.0 KB, 7 views)
ORBlackFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance > Gen 1 Exhausts, Carburetion & Performance