register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 04-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #10121
old77zrider

OKrider you are playing Russian roulette. You definitely need to be able to positively close that throttle.
old77zrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #10122
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Pull the housing apart and see if it’s the cables or tube and work from there. Takes 5 min to check that.

I echo the above sentiments.
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #10123
bmidd
Yet Another Gen1

I removed the Rizoma Sportline grips, added a brand new ($20 shipped) R6 throttle tube and some Pro Grip grips. Waiting on my Sato Bar ends to come in on the slow boat from Japan.
Had all the bearings replaced in the rear wheel yesterday, got the sag in the ballpark and it looks like tomorrow will be a test and tune day. Thinking Suches for an early lunch and then back home to watch the MotoAmerica races.

And I sent the Sargent set back to Sargent for free warranty replacement of the broken seat pan.

N.GA guys send me a text if you're heading towards Suches tomorrow and we can do lunch.
bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #10124
okrider

Alrighty, by popular demand, I won't be going return cable-less. Removed and inspected both cables. Still have no idea why it was so stiff. I think I routed the return cable wrong at some point. Re installed it, paying close attention, and now my throttle is much much better. I think. We'll see
okrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #10125
okrider

Lubed the swingarm bearings today. They had plenty of lube and were doing just great at 28k miles. Kind of regret doing the whole work, but found out that my R1 shock's been leaking. Ordered another used one off of eBay. This time with a red spring to match the bike. Hopefully it arrives before Friday so I can put everything back together in time for the track day on Sunday
Old 04-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #10126
bmidd
Yet Another Gen1

Added ADVMonster LED light kit, Model 30 Floods. The kit is reduced from $160 to $70 right now, includes 2 lights with the entire wiring harness with switch and relay. This is the 4th set of lights I've purchased from this guy, good quality stuff and is responsive to questions. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday. 5% off coupon code is INMATE(from ADV Rider forums).
Also added Sato Racing bar end weights to the Rizoma bars, it moves the mirrors farther out so my big paws don't hit the mirrors. They aren't super heavy, but they are 160mm long, so the outer diameter is 30mm and perfect for mounting bar end mirrors.
https://www.satoracing.com/handlebarends_ducati.htm

http://stores.advmonster.com/model-30-led-light-kit/

bmidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #10127
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

bmidd, take some night pics of those lights after install. I would love to see them. I have a nice eBay set now, but was looking at these after I purchased those.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 AM   #10128
okrider

New used R1 shock came in last night, so I installed it. Put the rear wheel back on with the new tire on it. Found out it's leaking at the rim. Going to try to figure out why tonight. Going to break the bead and see if there's anything wrong with the tire or if something's stuck in the rim. If not, just going to air it up again and see if it leaks. If it leaks again, I may just put the Road 5 back on. Got a track day coming up this Sunday. Need to fix this asap.

Has anyone encountered this before?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #10129
MichaelFZ1
Off the deep end

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
New used R1 shock came in last night, so I installed it. Put the rear wheel back on with the new tire on it. Found out it's leaking at the rim. Going to try to figure out why tonight. Going to break the bead and see if there's anything wrong with the tire or if something's stuck in the rim. If not, just going to air it up again and see if it leaks. If it leaks again, I may just put the Road 5 back on. Got a track day coming up this Sunday. Need to fix this asap.

Has anyone encountered this before?
Yep. It’s usually dirt or something else not letting the tire seal good on the bead. No need to break it all down usually, just pop the bead loose on one side and wipe the tire and bead down with a rag and windex/lemon pledge/your favorite tire mounting lube.

If that doesn’t work, I usually spin the tire on the rim 180 from where it was.
MichaelFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #10130
fermic37

yeah just pop the bead and wipe it with a rag, then spray some soapy water around it, then air her back up.
fermic37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #10131
okrider

That's what I'm going to do tonight. There's a local DIY shop that's a mile away from my house with a tire machine. It's their late night (open til 11pm) tonight so going to try to get 'er ready for the weekend
Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #10132
_Will_

Michael came over and we did Duken’s fork oil mod on my long overdue oil and greased the head bearings while we were in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 80276A2A-4B86-4538-A37B-1A2BDB3B8B81.jpeg (149.8 KB, 63 views)
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #10133
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

Did my rotor Sunday with TheUndefighter

http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=113
Old 04-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #10134
jointbeaker

made a template for the tank side panel, to cut a second TechSpec pad from....

jointbeaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:10 AM   #10135
_Will_

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaMan444 View Post
Did my rotor Sunday with TheUndefighter

http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=113
The whole everything coming out at once is how I went washer fishing and had to drop my pan, the sound of metal clinking down into an engine case is never good.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #10136
YamahaMan444
Young Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Will_ View Post
The whole everything coming out at once is how I went washer fishing and had to drop my pan, the sound of metal clinking down into an engine case is never good.
That was my exact fear. But we were lucky. I wouldn’t of been able to make my trip because the oil pan gasket would’ve had to be ordered. So PHEW.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion