click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old 01-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #9961
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBay84 View Post
That it is! Between the two stops there, I think I had about $250+ damage, but well worth it. Their jalapeno cheddar summer sausage is beyond words.

And brother, prayers to you and your wife...
Thank you.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:16 AM   #9962
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Not mine but purdy darn cool.

Hidden In Plain Sight. Canadian Gray Owl. Photo by Alan Murphy.

'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #9963
fz1azul
Post Whore in Training

Very cool pic!
Old 01-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #9964
okaugust
This is the way

I feel it.

I thought this one was an old post.

Uh oh, you got me going....

Old 01-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #9965
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Those are all great, being out there to get a chance at a shot is no small feat. I didn't see this one for a few heartbeats since it was off center, well played Would you mind me sharing it?

'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •

Last edited by Longboardr; 01-22-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #9966
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

That's surprising.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #9967
okaugust
This is the way

You would think except it’s been so warm in Wyoming I’m seeing bugs hatching in January.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #9968
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

It's been cold here. Yesterday the low was 17ฐf and it had been a heck of a lot colder for about a solid week before that.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #9969
okaugust
This is the way

Oh, I didn't see the question about sharing the photo, but that's ok, just as long as you aren't making millions of dollars off it.

Anyway, where was I....it's been a long, weird January. Not a lot to look at and bad light and weird weather. Like, wait, mosquitoes in January in Wyoming weather. Anyway, along the way...

I was having decent luck with raptors. Eagles winter here, but our ratio of Red-tailed to Rough-legged Hawks that come down from the Arctic in the winter is usually about 1 to 9, and this year it's the reverse. Then last weekend we drove maybe 300+ miles from Sheridan to Powell to Billings and back and I saw one hawk. Something is amiss.

Red-tailed Hawk

Rough-legged Hawk

I drove one of our infamous "dry weather only" roads about 10 times over a week, until the snow melted and turned it into a real quagmire, because someone reported 10-15 Short-eared Owls on it. We spotted one, in flight only. Darn it. They are very photogenic. We'll be out doing a survey for the U of Idaho for these guys in a couple of months, but different roads.

When it's not mud it looks something like this, only this was an easy part .

View isn't too bad either.

The Blacktooth (if you've ever had Blacktooth Beer, this is the name sake)

Oh, earlier that day, we were feeder watching after our monthly bird walk at a local museum, and I was enjoying our host's flowers.

Wyoming traffic jam in Big Horn. There is actually a large flock in Sheridan on Loucks street that uses the cross walks to go back and forth all day.

Another Rough-legged Hawk

Did I mention we got eagles?

Ferruginous Hawk

Great Horned Owl "I shall hide behind the stick and you shall not find me. I have spoken."

Did I mention we have eagles?

Sharp-shinned Hawk - I went out with a friend trying to find the Varied Thrush, since we found it again after a month when a couple of fellows from Colorado came up wanting to see it so I took them out looking for it. This guy showed up and that was the end of the little bird show, they all took off!

On the outside looking in. I have landowner permission to be out here, but I almost got buzzed by a county sheriff WAAAAAAAY out here miles from anywhere you expect to see a LEO, but he saw me turning around in the farm yard and did the same as I drove off.

So I went down the road a bit....

And a bit more....

Before the sheriff caught up to me and stopped to ask if I needed help. That's law enforcement out here. Before they ask what you are out doing, they ask if you need help. I told him I was birding, and that there was a nice flock of Snow Buntings ahead, and he said he would drive off slow so as not to spook them, and then did just that.

Probably wondering where all the snow is...

Earlier that day I was hiking around Story, listening to someone shooting a rifle in the same woods, Wyoming, the Darwin State. This is why I have an orange tilly hat. But I found a nice Hairy Woodpecker, among other things.

Story is interesting because it's one of a few places in WY you can find Red-breasted, White-breasted and Pygmy Nuthatches all in one place.

Pygmy

White-breasted

This is an American Dipper. The dipper lives in super cold water streams, builds nests usually in bridges or water fall areas, and has super blood that allows it to dive into the water to find food, mostly insect larvae in invertebrates.

Anyway, looking down

And finally...

There was a photo challenge on a facebook group I belong to that went like this:
January - Monthly Challenge..

Food Coloring / Ink into water

Need:

Glass

Water

Food coloring / ink

White background

optional tripod

optional flash if not in a well light room

Optional camera remote or timer set

It’s really self explanatory .. set up your background and light if you are using one. Fill the glass with water. Set up your camera on the tripod or other solid surface. You can shoot handheld if you want. Just adjust your shutter speed accordingly. Once you are happy with your exposure.. then start dropping food coloring into the glass and snap away. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

So....today....

I missed one part of the instructions and didn't have a white background, but in my defense, it ended up being an adventure. I went outside to get a chilled martini glass full of snow. Most of the snow we got this morning has melted on the grass and streets, but there are a couple of piles left. My first attempt it was more like slushy ice, so I pitched that and went back out for actual snow. Walking across the street in my PJs and slippers (oh yah, slippers) I skidded a little on a layer of black ice, recovered, and even said aloud, "okay, that's slick." I got my glass of snow, turned around and promptly forgot the road was slick, because I went ass over tea kettle, landed, somehow, on both my knee AND my ass, and managed to hold the stem of the glass but the upper hit the street and shattered. Also gave a good twist to my already suffering tennis (I don't play tennis dammit) elbow arm. Whimpering in embarrassment and glad (hopeful) no one saw...I went back out with another glass, because I don't give up. I brought it in, did what I wanted to do, but didn't like it. So I went for something completely different. And yes, that's food coloring, not blood. And I completely missed the white background, but at this stage, I'm just hoping for some style points!

I just spent $20 to replace the one damn glass.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #9970
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Best thing I've seen all day

Old 02-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #9971
fz1azul
Post Whore in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
... and weird weather. Like, wait, mosquitoes in January in Wyoming weather. Anyway, along the way...
Y'all got some bad ass critters up'n Whyohmin.

Great photo series, as usual, Tina! The quality of your images plus your description of the subjects photographed are enjoyed by all of us.

And the last two shots are of a broken glass stem & a stained ice shard? Now, were these chilled martini glasses full of chilled martini just before you headed outside, in your pj's & slippers, in search of snow?
Old 02-03-2020, 06:12 AM   #9972
okaugust
This is the way

No way, I'm a beer girl!

Besides, Mike's martinis taste like lighter fluid....
Old 02-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #9973
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Best thing I've seen all day

So. Many. Questions.
Must be a bear to load.
Looks to be a very old Nissan pickup with a 3/4 ton truck rear. And of course a home built bracket. Who knew dirt biking was so big in Cambodia?

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #9974
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Your ice project looks a lot like a meteorite ice ball I once saw crash on to the road ahead of me. Interesting enough some of the red color evaporated with the ice.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:01 PM   #9975
fz1azul
Post Whore in Training

Went downtown for the Western Heritage Parade & Cattle Drive, which is the kick off for this years S.A. Stock Show & Rodeo.

The Lone Ranger & Tonto

Old 02-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #9976
okaugust
This is the way

Love it!

The Mexican dresses are so colorful, and I was glad to see at least one person still puts the horse before the cart!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #9977
Z Grand
Never Grew Up

Something doesn't seem right about the very last photo.....

Everybody knows cowboys of the old West used flip phones.
90 Honda Hawk GT
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Z Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:41 AM   #9978
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Mongo did it better
Old 02-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #9979
jredford
Musical Metal

Beautiful Doug.

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:31 PM   #9980
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Some great photography here.

What's a 56ker anyways? Probably some computer jargon I assume...
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
2020 Kawasaki KLX110L
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum