click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry

Old 01-06-2020, 10:25 PM   #1
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Cast To Device Command in Windows File Explorer

A few weeks ago I discovered the "Cast to Device" command in Windows File Explorer. You just highlight a mp3 or WAV file in Explorer, right click and choose "Cast to Device". A list of compatible devices will be shown and you just click on the one that you want to use. In my case I choose my Pioneer receiver that's relatively new and is connected wirelessly to my home network. I could also connect to my Smart TV via my home network if I so chose. You could also connect via HDMI cables. My earlier Pioneer receiver in my other system does not show up so obviously it's not compatible.

It's pretty handy to be able listen to music files on my computer through my home theater system without having to connect any components together.

I just connected my wireless laptop downstairs to an external hard drive that's connect to my desktop PC upstairs and I'm playing Tumbling Dice by the Rolling Stones through my Pioneer receiver right now. I just love technology when it works!

I didn't even know that this command existed until I happened to see it and wondered what it was. Now I use it quite a lot.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:56 AM   #2
Pat Glenn
Everything's Just Ducky

Ha! Well, don't that beat all. Works great wirelesly with the smart TV in my home office.

Thanks Cougar!

Pat
Pat Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
sloowpoke

I experimented with that back when I first got this WinXP netbook. Now I just use an audio cable plugged into the headphone jack, to feed the stereo system. Going through WiFi was okay for just music, but the sound was out of sync on videos. Then again, this is 15 year old hardware I'm still using :-)
sloowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
isleoman

Can I anonymously cast polka music to my neighbor's thumpin car stereo?
isleoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleoman View Post
Can I anonymously cast polka music to my neighbor's thumpin car stereo?
If only!
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Computers & TechGadgetry