register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq

Old 09-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
wArDoG
FYYFFYB

Forum Etiquette

As a small token of appreciation and support for our troops we decided to create this forum as a place for our members serving in Iraq to post their experiences there and discuss them with other members. It is not a place to discuss the politics associated with the war in Iraq or your opinions on whether or not we should be there. Mutual respect is not only expected it is required. This is not a war room forum so please keep this in mind when you post.

Our hope is it will be an educational experience for all involved.
wArDoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
RoadRashed
Faster than a speeding bullet

RoadRashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
2001FZ1
Suzuki GSXR-1000

This is a great idea!
2001FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
plumber's crack
Banned

Great idea.....

My next door neighbor was called up the next week after 911. He has been doing 6 months in theater/ 6 months stateside ever since. He is a Lt. Colonel in the Marines out of Pendelton. He is currently in theater. I last saw him a few months ago.
plumber's crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #5
Old Man Roo
True Blue '01

Thumbs up

This is an excellent idea. Sean - keep bringing us the real picture of life over there, and I hope you come home safely.
How is Roothie doing btw?
cheers,
Roo
Old 09-17-2004, 12:36 AM   #6
shoffmann
Getting Back to Life

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you much, this will give me a place to throw stuff up that I would not of in other forums. Thanks you all once again for your thoughts, prayers, and support.

~Sean

Oh Roothie is doing fine. She has not travel out of the barracks much lately with all the attacks going on, but she is going to keep me company in the guard tower tomorrow morning and I will get something for you to see.

shoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
hammer
Inside Out

I just discovered this new forum, and think it is a wonderful idea.
hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:08 AM   #8
cookie99
Sir Ohisis of DeLiver

Well, I am waiting is anyone going to post?

"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is voluntary"

Old 10-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #9
Sherpagirl
Balad Alcohol Rehab Inmate

Guys and Gals,

I'm serving but haven't been tagged to go "over yonder". Holding down the fort at National Guard HQ in VA. I truly appreciate your having this section. As part of my job, we get the reports from Army Casualty affairs and do the legwork trying to get all possible info to pass on to our senior leadership. It's a tough task and puts into perspective why we do what we do.

I'd hate to see any life lost in the sandbox become belittled and cheapened by negative politics. SPC Morrison and SGT Lamb were National Guard Soldiers and like their fellow servicemembers, deserve our respect. Awesome memorial.

Just a reminder to servicemembers posting from over there, be careful what locale details you post, etc. We've had several breaches of comsec.

Thanks Sean....I'll forward the link to our leadersip.
Sherpagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
philzer
First-Class Scooter Trash!

I'm not in the military and I don't have any friends serving in Iraq, but I've been greeting every military person or veteran I encounter with, "Thank you for your service to our country." Whatever one's politics, they deserve at least that from all of us.

And if there are any military men or women reading this... thank you for your service to our country.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
perfect
:^)

Thumbs up

I know there hasn't been any posts in a while, but I'm a .

I Pray... "God Bless Everyone" That Wears The Colors Of Freedom & Justice!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
tacomanate

just got back

hey i just goit back form iraq 3 weeks ago after being there a year. i bought my 04' fz not to long before i left. needless to say ive spent almost everyday back out riding. im headed down to deals gap next week to ride the tail of the dragon. this site is awsome. ive learned so much in the past few days surfing around the site and searching threads. ive come to the conclusion that dale walker is goign to be getting alot of the money i saved up the past year! headers and stage 2 jet kit, 15t sprocket among other things are on my todo list. i look foward to going on some rides and meeting people on the board. take care
nate
tacomanate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
wArDoG
FYYFFYB

Welcome back Nate!

Thank you for your service

wArDoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
kride123
Tongue Fu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanate
hey i just goit back form iraq 3 weeks ago after being there a year. i bought my 04' fz not to long before i left. needless to say ive spent almost everyday back out riding. im headed down to deals gap next week to ride the tail of the dragon. this site is awsome. ive learned so much in the past few days surfing around the site and searching threads. ive come to the conclusion that dale walker is goign to be getting alot of the money i saved up the past year! headers and stage 2 jet kit, 15t sprocket among other things are on my todo list. i look foward to going on some rides and meeting people on the board. take care
nate
Nate-
You rock! Glad you're back and having some well-deserved fun...this place is great, ain't it?

kride123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #15
SoCalRay
Bad Cop, No Donut!

I work in the parts dept of a dealership and on several occasions have had a customer ask if a military discount is available. I say hell yes and give them their items just over cost. And at a dealership that = about half price. My boss isn't real hip about it but I figure what the hell. I do it because I can and they deserve it. Thanks to all who defend us, Ray....
Factory Hugger/Chainguard, Mirror Mod
Flushmounts F/R, GYTR CF Fairing Inserts
ZG Taller Screen, Galfer Front Lines
GYTR Low Mounts, GYTR CF Side Covers
Factory Tank/Tail Bags, Vista Cruise
4 Way Xover, Coolant Bypass
Holeshot AIS, MIG CF High Mt Exh.
Custom Sliders, Pro Billet Pegs
Osram Silverstars, CF License
Corbin W/ Backrest, L/P Tank Bra
SoCalRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
JackButler
Fan merchandise available

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRay
I work in the parts dept of a dealership and on several occasions have had a customer ask if a military discount is available. I say hell yes and give them their items just over cost. And at a dealership that = about half price. My boss isn't real hip about it but I figure what the hell. I do it because I can and they deserve it. Thanks to all who defend us, Ray....
Brilliant!! That's a kick ass idea, I'm gonna start doing that too!

My boss put up a "We Support Our Troops" sign a long time ago, and I always think "How do you support them with just a sign?". Well, you've just handed me the idea of how we're going pitch in a little.

Good on you man!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #17
jeffg

I can't offer discounts however I'd like to meet returning servicemen and women for Sunday morning rides. I usually ride a Sunday morning, stop for breakfast, spend the rest of the morning tearing up northwest CT and Dutchess county NY. We'll have to wait for the weather to break.

I generally stop at a nice motorcycle friendly place for breakfast. The guy that owns the place also happens to sell used and new old stock Brit bike parts. On some Sundays there may be 25 bikes in the lot...10 different brands.
jeffg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #18
blarson6

Two Sons in the Service

Tears stream down my face as I think of my two Sons, they both serve in the Air Force.
Our oldest son deploys to Ballad Iraq on 1-20-10, he is an aircraft maint. Officer in charge of the F-16's out of Shaw AFB.
His young brother is a stationed in Germany as a Weatherman. I haven't hugged him in over a year, miss you terribily buddy.
We couldn't be more proud and thankful that they serve our Country.
Brian
blarson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Absolutely!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
PJFZ1
Doing the jig!

My Son is a new Marine. Just finished his school , he's now a driver, and he reported to Japan last week. His unit will rotate him through Afghanistan during this tour to drive Humvees, and we expect to not see him for 2 years. I'm proud of him and happy for him, but the distance sucks.

I'd insert something witty here, but just don't have it at the moment.. add bourbon and please stand by!

sportbikes4hire.com

http://www.sportbikes4hireshop.com/
PJFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Letters from Iraq