click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 04:49 AM   #1241
Alley Oop
Proof That Man Rode Dinosaurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Renda View Post
Florida has seen the light! Hallelujah!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/u...pa-church.html
Some local government. DeSantis taking reactionary position refusing state-wide stay at home order.

Another preacher who parroted Fox “mass hysteria” and “anti-Trump” virus misinformation died in Virginia.

Fox News reportedly bracing for lawsuit citing knowingly reckless reporting endangering human life.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:59 AM   #1242
bradd
Working away

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post
Oh, and I just got denied travel on the Crow Reservation, trying to go out to where I was just a week ago to do an owl count. All alone, no need to talk to anyone, just heading for five miles of dirt road. Nope.
I mean the native American's do kind of have some experience with people bringing diseases from other parts of the world into their land.

And nothing wrong with a Bradley on spring break! I mean I never did anything stupid on spring break (that is a fact, normally we took a big ski trip at winter break since we got a month off, I still can't believe we got the damage deposit back on on condo in '93).
Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 AM   #1243
isleoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
Some local government. DeSantis taking reactionary position refusing state-wide stay at home order.

Another preacher who parroted Fox “mass hysteria” and “anti-Trump” virus misinformation died in Virginia.

Fox News reportedly bracing for lawsuit citing knowingly reckless reporting endangering human life.

How's that DEMOCRAT who ran against DeSantis (Andrew Gillam) doing..... is he out of rehab yet? I don't think so. Have they buried his ODed wedding party friend? Who will challenge DeSantis next time from the Florida Crack Head Party?

What guidance can we expect from Shiff for brains? He's the head of the House "Intelligence" Committee. How bout the fat turd Nadler wanting to run and hide from Washington and having to be slapped down like a sniveling coward by a great grandmother (Nancy). So Classic.

Do you think Intelligence briefings are only given to the Executive branch?

Since you're the Chairman of Hindsight can you Please post up the week by week changing positions of Gov Cuomo and Bill DeBlasio concerning the seriousness of the virus?

Has my "Political" rebuttal changed anything? Are you any safer? That's how I feel about your continued useless Political hyperbole.... I can visit the comment section of CNN, The Hill or Breitbart if I want to read pointless political hate.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:58 AM   #1244
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFZ1guy View Post

Then we talked boots and gloves. I asked him his opinions. He said with gloves there isn't much you could do to prevent the break. I told him I was in Gaerne Balance aventure style boots and asked what he uses. He said "Sidi Crossfire MX boots always." I'd actually been looking at those since the get-off along with other MX boots. He figured the ankle injury probably wouldn't have happened had I had something similar. Concurred with what I'd been thinking.
Fwiw I considered Crossfires at one time then heard two different stories of guys that might have had a simpler break with a less protective boot but ended up with a spiral fracture and a rod in their leg.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that had the opposite problem, we play the game and take our chances.
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Old 03-31-2020, 07:12 AM   #1245
oldjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Fwiw I considered Crossfires at one time then heard two different stories of guys that might have had a simpler break with a less protective boot but ended up with a spiral fracture and a rod in their leg.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that had the opposite problem, we play the game and take our chances.
I've been wanting to buy some new boots and screwed up at the MC show by not trying some on there. Not sure how you are supposed to buy boots online, but none of the local stores are open. Need to find something 3/4 height, tall boots just don't fit my skinny ankles/shins and relatively big calves.
http://www.oldjeep.com
Old 03-31-2020, 07:18 AM   #1246
Longboardr
Gone to the dirt side

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
I've been wanting to buy some new boots and screwed up at the MC show by not trying some on there. Not sure how you are supposed to buy boots online, but none of the local stores are open. Need to find something 3/4 height, tall boots just don't fit my skinny ankles/shins and relatively big calves.
Rocky Mountain ATV offered free shipping and free returns last time I paid attention to their boot policy.
'05 Liquid Silver FZ1: Traxxion Springs/Axxion Valves • R6R Shock • Multi-Gauge V7.1 • '00-'01 R1 Shift Arm • Soupys Adjustable Bones • Devilsyam Frame Plugs • Convertibars • Oxford Heaterz with Symtec control • GYT-R CF Slip On • Fren Tubo SS Brake Lines • Brembo Pads • Fehling Case Guards • Ninja 250 Highway Pegs • Pyramid Hugger • Sargent Seat • FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn • Vista Cruise Throttle Lock • The2wheels Shorty Levers • Axio Tail Bag •
Old 03-31-2020, 07:26 AM   #1247
okaugust
They tried and died

And we're off the rails again.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #1248
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Anybody who has posted something today and had to use "quotations" to vent their anger, should probably self delete and shelter their point of view until it is less infectious.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:35 AM   #1249
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
What I found even more extraordinary was the requirement imposed by Florida that people coming from New York had to be quarantined for 14 days. Meanwhile, drunk college kids from all over the country on crowded beaches, exchanging all manner of bodily fluids in every way imaginable, were free to come and go as they pleased!!!

Massive failure of logic and policy making. In a state with a HUGE elderly population, no less.

This stuff is not necessarily political. For instance, both Virginia and Maryland were pretty late in imposing Stay Home orders. Maryland has a Republican governor (Larry Hogan), and Virginia has a Democrat (Ralph Northam).
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175

Last edited by Tom Renda; 03-31-2020 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Deleted quotation marks
Old 03-31-2020, 07:38 AM   #1250
FUP
I crashed the swing too

Quote:
Yep --
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trainn.jpg (16.7 KB, 75 views)
ATK 605SM
WR450
Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #1251
oldjeep

Quote:
It is on topic - can't buy boots in store due to coronavirus

In answer to post 1 - Would you wear a mask?
I was a couple days ago, but it was because I was crawling through insulation
Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 AM   #1252
bradd
Working away

The CDC says possibly 25% of infected people could be asymptomatic, so if that is the case and we can't test everybody masks could help. But again by stopping the infected from spreading it, not necessarily protecting the uninfected.

My mom and sister live in a rural county in MN, it has had an abnormal amount of cases for a place with low population that is relatively isolated.
https://www.startribune.com/2-reside...d-19/569239942

One of the reason they give for having more confirmed cases is the hospital there is part of the Mayo Health system, they can do their own tests so more people are getting tested.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:55 AM   #1253
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Chill pills are available in the common area, compliments of the management.

-T
Old 03-31-2020, 08:09 AM   #1254
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradd View Post
The CDC says possibly 25% of infected people could be asymptomatic, so if that is the case and we can't test everybody masks could help. But again by stopping the infected from spreading it, not necessarily protecting the uninfected.

My mom and sister live in a rural county in MN, it has had an abnormal amount of cases for a place with low population that is relatively isolated.
https://www.startribune.com/2-reside...d-19/569239942

One of the reason they give for having more confirmed cases is the hospital there is part of the Mayo Health system, they can do their own tests so more people are getting tested.
West Virginia has retracted a reported death. However it is not clear if they meant the first reported death or a second one. But when I went to the WV site they list lots of counties with 1 to 3 reported cases and only the county containing Morgantown has a large number of cases. This would lead me to believe this is incredibly easy to spread.
However it may just be a case of getting spread at WVU or something.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:20 AM   #1255
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Figured I might as well make something creative out of all this mess while I'm stuck at home sheltering in place... (Best with headphones, IMO)

https://soundcloud.com/todd-stephany/shelter-in-place
Old 03-31-2020, 09:35 AM   #1256
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Quote:
It is on topic - can't buy boots in store due to coronavirus

In answer to post 1 - Would you wear a mask?
I was a couple days ago, but it was because I was crawling through insulation
And the accident happened when I was supposed to be social distancing but resulted in a trip to urgent care.

I did realize after posting I probably should have put my good news elsewhere. Oh well.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #1257
oldjeep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFZ1guy View Post
And the accident happened when I was supposed to be social distancing but resulted in a trip to urgent care.

I did realize after posting I probably should have put my good news elsewhere. Oh well.
I was referring to my derail
Old 03-31-2020, 09:48 AM   #1258
BruinFZ1guy
Chronically obsessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post

I did read similar stories of a couple instances on advrider. Not really sure what to do. I guess I am thinking the Balances still don't offer sufficient ankle support. Could be this is like a "I would have been able to move from the side impact if not for the seatbelt" scenario? Meaning mx boots are better in all but rare instances?

What did you go with, to avoid a visit to the ER and contact with corona people?
Old 03-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #1259
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
However it may just be a case of getting spread at WVU or something.
That would be my bet. Mutant Mountaineers.
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-31-2020, 11:57 AM   #1260
organ donor

I've seen some articles that China lost 21 million cell phone users in the last 3 months maybe giving a truer death toll. Unfortunately I'm not sure how accurate any of these reports are though.
Closed Thread

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion