click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #1201
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Hmm. could have sworn a couple weeks ago this thing was “fully contained”.

Quote:
White House coronavirus task force coordinator Deborah Birx projected Monday that the U.S. will see as many as 200,000 deaths at the end of the pandemic, but only if we “if we do things perfectly.” In an interview on NBC’s Today show Monday, Birx said she is “very worried about every city in the United States” and believes that without drastic social-distancing measures, the nation could see more than 2 million fatalities in a worst-case scenario. “I think everyone understands now that you can go from five to 50 to 500 to 5,000 cases very quickly,”
Old 03-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #1202
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
Hmm. could have sworn a couple weeks ago this thing was ďfully containedĒ.
"One day it will just disappear. Just like that."
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
82 Moto Guzzi LeMans 850 Mark III
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #1203
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Abbott has FDA approval for a 5 minute test, and Johnson & Johnson has a vaccine candidate that is expected to be available in early 2021, with early human testing to start in September, which would be good timing in the event the virus makes another run at us in the Fall/Winter.

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-03...s-Five-Minutes
I saw a story about that 5 min test on a news source I never heard of. So yesterday I did a search with the keywords to find other sources of such great news. I found it reported on several European news sites. I even found it reported on 2 different Nigerian news sources from days ago.
Did I find any US sources? No.
If this is true and our media is too busy to report it.... they are reporting on how many reporters turned their question time over to a gotcha reporter at a Covid 19 press conference, but a 5 minute test, Meh. That's not as important.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:49 AM   #1204
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

Saw that on the local news last night. Maybe because Abbot has a locations here in Santa Clara?

I ran "Abbot Laboratories" in the google news search engine and got hits on the story from CNBC, USA Today, msnNOW, Bloomberg, Forbes, WSJ....
Old 03-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #1205
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Florida has seen the light! Hallelujah!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/u...pa-church.html
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #1206
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

The new Abbot test was covered in the media. There was an emergency approval of it discussed during the press briefing yesterday.

There are only a small number in the pipe but they will be ramping production soon. So not really available yet but 50k per day should be coming online later in the week. The death toll estimates, extension of distancing, etc got the bulk of the coverage.

5 minutes for a positive, 15 for a negative, is what was stated during the briefing.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/abb...19-51585590770
Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #1207
Desmo
Worst Moderator Evah!

The Bay Area is now officially going to SIP until at least May 1.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:54 PM   #1208
Tom Renda
A person off color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSilver View Post
Did I find any US sources? No.
If this is true and our media is too busy to report it.... they are reporting on how many reporters turned their question time over to a gotcha reporter at a Covid 19 press conference, but a 5 minute test, Meh. That's not as important.
It's a relatively new story. Marketwatch reported it here less than two hours ago:

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles...19-51585590770

I am sure the Times will get to it soon.

(But yes, much like staring at a truly gruesome car wreck, it's not nearly as entertaining as watching you-know-who put his foot in his mouth four or five tines every night).
87 ZG1000 Concours
84 FJ1100
84 Laverda RGS1000
81 Honda CB900f
75 Norton Commando 850
75 Triumph Trident T160
71 Honda SL175
67 BSA Bantam 175
67 BSA Trail Bronc 175
Old 03-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #1209
Sam9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
If Kenneth let you down, Australia has the answer.

Warning: this is Australian so expect strong language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCtAScghAjU
I might prefer the virus over that disgusting shit.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #1210
quazz
Reality can be a tricky thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Renda View Post

Have they?
Quote:
He faces two second-degree misdemeanor charges of unlawful assembly and violation of public health emergency rules.
If I drive drunk I get in huge trouble for endangering others and rightly so . This scumbag has caused people to get sick and die. No one will ever know for sure how many but it is a mathematical certainty. This isn't an accident or getting drunk and losing your judgement, this is premeditated.
Fvck him.

93 Ford F150, leather shift knob (missing), rubber mats, AM/FM radio.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #1211
WDD

Yes, we will get through this. It will come to an end.

Will we see 200,000 dead in 2 months in the US? I don't think so.

Looking at the other countries, will this not crest in the US in April / May?

It's a virus. It spreads. Not sure what else can be done at this time to slow it down more.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #1212
Sam9

Quote:
Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
Thanks, now I know you like to sniff your wife's undies. That's way more information than I needed today.
Everybody likes to sniff his wifeís undies.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #1213
WDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Renda View Post

They put typhoid Marry under confinement so she would stop killing people. She was an asymptomatic carrier for Typhoid, didn't believe she was a danger, and refused to stop working as a cook for families - who eventually got Typhoid. Not sure how her lack of living references allowed her to be hired after she killed off her current employers.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #1214
Sam9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
It upsets me to hear criticism of the executive office as 20/20 hindsight.

As I mentioned, my wife has an immune deficiency and asthma so I bought a box of 10 N95 masks in January. The Department of HHS didnít submit a tender for masks until MARCH.

Iím not a PhD pandemic expert or federal agency head but was just a lowly Hospital Corpsman with experience in Navy Medicine.

If I could see it....

Unfortunately when you have someone making decisions based on perceived personal benefit and not public health, you may not see expert advice heeded or the best actions taken.
I was an army medic. Ten whole weeks of training and then they throw you to to the wolves.

Later, Wife and I had a plan: I got a job with the power company to finance her nursing school, and then when she had an income I was going to quit the power company and go to nursing also. Didnít work out that way, but I did audit a lot of classes with her while she was going. In fact, pretty much everything except for the clinicals.

So, if anyone has a question re covid19, google it.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #1215
Skiman
Renaissance Man

Florida pastor is arrested for holding 2 church services:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ed/ar-BB11VzzL
Old 03-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #1216
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

Everyone loves to pile on this jackass pastor for having services, and it is justifiable. I told my pastor he should stop services a week before he did. There’s no excuse for what the Florida pastor did. So pile on and keep piling on.

Here’s where I see the hypocrisy. The spring breakers. Every one of you who is bitching about a Christian pastor in Florida, what about the spring breakers? Did they offend you as much? Did you bitch about that? Or is it only cool when it involves Christianity?

Hey, maybe you could bitch about Muslims licking shrines, etc. Oh wait a minute, if I bitch about Muslims, I could easily wind up burned alive in a cage. Let’s pick an easier target, Christians. They never physically fight back. Gimme a bourbon and a microphone. Truthfully, none of us on this forum have the balls to criticize Islam.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #1217
LiquidSilver
Fly Eagles Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
Saw that on the local news last night. Maybe because Abbot has a locations here in Santa Clara?

I ran "Abbot Laboratories" in the google news search engine and got hits on the story from CNBC, USA Today, msnNOW, Bloomberg, Forbes, WSJ....

It saw it on Twitter and did my search there.
It was late last night. I just thought it was odd that even the Nigerian version of the Guardian had a write up to the story, but no link to any US press. I see it's been on CNBC for days. My bad!

Old 03-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #1218
Pat Glenn
Everything's Just Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Oop View Post
Unfortunately when you have someone making decisions based on perceived personal benefit and not public health, you may not see expert advice heeded or the best actions taken.
Unfortunately the Wuhan virus is not the only affliction we need to combat. Apparently TDS is also a concern but thankfully that seems to be on the wane.

Pat
Old 03-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #1219
Sam9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Blue View Post
Everyone loves to pile on this jackass pastor for having services, and it is justifiable. I told my pastor he should stop services a week before he did. Thereís no excuse for what the Florida pastor did. So pile on and keep piling on.

Hereís where I see the hypocrisy. The spring breakers. Every one of you who is bitching about a Christian pastor in Florida, what about the spring breakers? Did they offend you as much? Did you bitch about that? Or is it only cool when it involves Christianity?

Hey, maybe you could bitch about Muslims licking shrines, etc. Oh wait a minute, if I bitch about Muslims, I could easily wind up burned alive in a cage. Letís pick an easier target, Christians. They never physically fight back. Gimme a bourbon and a microphone. Truthfully, none of us on this forum have the balls to criticize Islam.
We did, or I did, criticize the dumbass drunken teenaged spring breakers on the beach, but thatís A different thing from a supposedly responsible adult arrogantly inviting his people into a closed space.

And for what itís worth, any time I bitch about Christians just assume that iím including the sister religions Judaism and Islam, since they are the same thing except for a few minor details.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #1220
Sam9

Those teens on the beach in Florida were not Floridians. Floridians don’t go to the beach in February or March.
Closed Thread

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion