read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear

Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
treesloth

Kobalt heated Jacket

So, my truck broke down, and I tried to fix it but broke it more. Standard motif. Now Iím limited to the Fz. Fortunately no snow, but itís been cold here in Greeley Colorado. Walked into Lowes the other day to pay off some of my credit card and noticed these Kobalt Jackets. Seemed like a fairly good price, but Iím not much of a shopper. So, a couple days later I pick one up, medium.
Works well.

Iíve been wearing a ten-year-old Fieldsheer textile four-seasons type jacket, some newenough closeout Sidi winter gloves (not so great but cheapÖand I like cheapÖjust donít tell my wifeÖnevermind she knows), and NE closeout Firstgear leather overpants (wife likes those). Took out the liner on the jacket, and itís working really good.

The other day I rode out to Ft. Morgan with the getup to eat a chicken soft taco with hot chile at Santiagoís. Mostly low 40s on the thermo, but it was doable. Even made some aggressiveish (Iím a putz) leans and passes which I usually never have the gumption to do in the cold because that sneaky cold air gets in through the cracks. Hands were still cold but not nearly as bad as they have been.

I like Santiagoís hot chile, so that helped. A bit colder coming home.

So hereís the link. Donít know if itís a reasonable deal or not, but itís worked well for me.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_365603-35951...ket&facetInfo=

Be safe,
Colin
treesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
johns fz1

Thank nice to know price seems right
johns fz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
jimco
It's the journey...

I like Santiagoís, too. Alot!!

Jim
jimco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
treesloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimco View Post
I like Santiagoís, too. Alot!!

Jim

Amen
treesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
OSUFZ1
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
So, my truck broke down, and I tried to fix it but broke it more. Standard motif. Now I’m limited to the Fz. Fortunately no snow, but it’s been cold here in Greeley Colorado. Walked into Lowes the other day to pay off some of my credit card and noticed these Kobalt Jackets. Seemed like a fairly good price, but I’m not much of a shopper. So, a couple days later I pick one up, medium.
Works well.

I’ve been wearing a ten-year-old Fieldsheer textile four-seasons type jacket, some newenough closeout Sidi winter gloves (not so great but cheap…and I like cheap…just don’t tell my wife…nevermind she knows), and NE closeout Firstgear leather overpants (wife likes those). Took out the liner on the jacket, and it’s working really good.

The other day I rode out to Ft. Morgan with the getup to eat a chicken soft taco with hot chile at Santiago’s. Mostly low 40s on the thermo, but it was doable. Even made some aggressiveish (I’m a putz) leans and passes which I usually never have the gumption to do in the cold because that sneaky cold air gets in through the cracks. Hands were still cold but not nearly as bad as they have been.

I like Santiago’s hot chile, so that helped. A bit colder coming home.

So here’s the link. Don’t know if it’s a reasonable deal or not, but it’s worked well for me.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_365603-35951...ket&facetInfo=

Be safe,
Colin
Give us a report on battery life when you have a chance to shake the thing down for a full day.
OSUFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Riding Gear