View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #29
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

I deal with o-rings just about daily on life preserving equipment, so I tend to go overboard in some cases. I'm just used to making sure components function to their highest reliability. At the very least, use a lubricant when installing, as Parker will tell you, that is by far the time when o-ring damage will occur.

It would suck having to tear a carb bank out and apart just for nicked o-ring. I should say, does suck. Been there, done that.

Personally, I don't like silicone on silicone o-rings because it makes them swell. That's not intended in the design. I do like the EZ Turn, as it will stay with the o-ring a very long time, not evaporating or washing away. Slippery o-rings are good o-rings.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04433 seconds with 9 queries